Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vardinio'sCat

Yesterday my dream died

21 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

1. I was being tongue in cheek. 2. it means everything he was not a mercenary joining for 13 games. he loved the club and he loved us as fans he showed fantastic loyalty to the fans, the city, the players and got none back.

He got about three months more than anyone else would have got. End of the day results did him and nothing else.

As someone else said, no point being the most liked club in the championship. I'm gutted it had to come to this... but it really did have to come to this, to give the club a shot at staying up.

36 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

844590.jpg.028de424f7848412dc61768aad85ec86.jpg

Leicester are not my club obviously, but I'm with Lineker and all the fans that think he has been poorly treated and shown a huge lack of respect by the players and those behind this sacking. He strikes me as a very decent man and I wish him every success in the future.

There have been posters on here that have ridiculed this man, i`ve seen him called a clown, a twat and a moron in recent times, well those posters should read that statement and learn what true class is, and hopefully learn from it.

This man is forever, truly a Leicester City legend, a man that made a dream come true, that brought not just the football club, but the City of Leicester to the attention of the world.

The man has so much class, in a world that has so little.

Thank you Claudio, from the bottom of my heart, for dreaming, and making my dream a reality.

I will carry those memories with me forever.

1 minute ago, Shelf Side Spurs said:

Leicester are not my club obviously, but I'm with Lineker and all the fans that think he has been poorly treated and shown a huge lack of respect by the players and those behind this sacking. He strikes me as a very decent man and I wish him every success in the future.

Have him at spurs then? 

So sad that Claudio had to go under difficult circumstances. Not the way I wanted it to be.

But let's look on the positive side. We'll never forget what this man brought to our club last season. Never did I believe that we would shock the world and win English football's most coveted prize. And he brought us Champions League football for the first time as a result of that major feat, not to mention that we're still in it after finishing top of our group. After supporting Leicester City for so long, I never thought I would witness any of those things.

I feel like that after what Claudio helped us achieve, saying 'thank you' and 'you'll be missed' doesn't do it justice.

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He got about three months more than anyone else would have got. End of the day results did him and nothing else.

As someone else said, no point being the most liked club in the championship. I'm gutted it had to come to this... but it really did have to come to this, to give the club a shot at staying up.

Except that Pearson got the whole season in the end, despite actually being 4 points worse off than we currently are at this stage of the season.

Heartbreaking, the bloke is amazing, feel like shite reading it, really feel for him, wether the players played for him or not, they must read that, know they failed a man that made them champions, and must feel remorse, if they don't they are soulless 

Also feel for owners, who had little option and are now facing the flak

That is a beautiful farewell statement, written in a style crafted to melt our hearts. For him to highlight his love for the supporters just accentuates the feeling of sadness at his dismissal.

We owe Claudio the best year of our football-supporting lives and he will forever be feted and loved for that.

But that was then and this is now. He said his dream died yesterday, but it has been a slow, painful descent towards the grave of the Championship this season and he was unable to stop it. That is why he has gone. At least he has been spared the humiliation of relegation, for that inevitably is where he and the team were heading.

Thanks, Claudio. You will be in our hearts forever.

Thank you Claudio.

I'm very much of the opinion that your time was up - for whatever reason, whatever you did to lose the confidence of the players and staff or whatever they did to you - it all felt so helpless and irreparable. 

I wanted nothing more than for everyone to pull together and for all of us to continue on the 'fairy-tale' journey but that just wasn't meant to be. 

Irrespective of this poor season, I will always hold you in the highest of regards and fondest of memories - you bought something to our club that nobody else could have done - your magic at the right time, in the right place - truly amazing. 

I doubt we will ever experience anything quite like it again. 

Not quite sure why I've typed that out like he's going to read it lol - I just hope that he doesn't feel like he's unappreciated or unwelcome here - he will forever be a Leicester legend and hero.

**** sake - let's build this man a statue.

Keep your head held high Claudio - you'll always be loved in Leicester.  

5 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Except that Pearson got the whole season in the end, despite actually being 4 points worse off than we currently are at this stage of the season.

You do realise why though? We hadn't spent another £110m, we played half decent football and were in most games, it was all his backroom team that he'd put together.

Not only that the players were behind him and owners clearly felt the team building job he did on top of all that made him a good choice if we went down.

Can we really say any of that about Claudio? I can't say he's our best bet now let alone if we went down to a league he doesn't know.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

You do realise why though? We hadn't spent another £110m, we played half decent football and were in most games, it was all his backroom team that he'd put together.

Not only that the players were behind him and owners clearly felt the team building job he did on top of all that made him a good choice if we went down.

Can we really say any of that about Claudio? I can't say he's our best bet now let alone if we went down to a league he doesn't know.

I agree with most of your points, but I think there's been a lot of revisionism about the "half decent football" we played under Pearson. I suppose we did in the Championship, but it was pretty drab for most of the time in the Prem (5 - 3 excluded) up untill our great escape.

Just now, Babylon said:

Honestly mate, I just don't understand how people don't get this. You've spelt it out so clearly above but people just can't wrap their heads around the difference and why this isn't a comparable situation. 

Football doesn't attract the most intelligent of fans though, tbf. 

Suppose we should be careful what we wish for,now it's happened I feel crap,

i wanted Claudio to resign,not get sacked,

the players have let everyone down but ultimately it's the gaffer that pays the price,

imo I felt him leaving was our only chance of staying up as if he stayed in charge the players would simply not perform,

how they'll perform now remains to be seen,

but it's a gamble I feel the owners had to take,

im juz saddened how it's ended,

but now it's over a statue should be erected,

if ghandi gets one who done nothing for Leicester then Claudio should definitely get one

8 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

I agree with most of your points, but I think there's been a lot of revisionism about the "half decent football" we played under Pearson. I suppose we did in the Championship, but it was pretty drab for most of the time in the Prem (5 - 3 excluded) up untill our great escape.

There was a 1/3 of the season with his diamond that was awful. The rest I thought was ok and certainly a mile better than what we see now.

anyway don't want another NP thread 

Archived