Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vardinio'sCat

Yesterday my dream died

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

I'm honestly gutted, I'm at the stage of hurt and will be for a long time I think, it's something that I feel is going to take a long time to get over this. I'm actually ready to jack it all in and not bother anymore! 

Who ever we get won't last more that 18 months so what's the point of supporting a modern football club ? 

This forum is top notch sometimes but other times it's vile, what happens if we get someone in and we lose to hull, get knocked out to Sevilla and are bottom in 4 games? The 80% of you who wanted him gone, would you demand change again? Will the players? We are already a laughing stock and o really think it's going to continue for a while. Modern football is a joke, it really is! 

I wanted him gone, and it's the right decision.  CR will always be a hero, he just isn't the right person to turn things around, and if the next person isn't, its still the same outcome, but we have to try to save ourselves, the club is more important then any manager

A truly dignified statement from a true gent ! But it was time for him to go, we have had a truly awful season and are in a desperate relegation battle that none of us could see coming. Something had to change. To abuse the owners is both short sighted and stupid and so called football supporters hoping that we are relegated  can get lost. I don't care what they think! Pundits just cannot lose. GL is one of the worst first the thinks CR appointment was a joke, then thinks no away wins all season and one goal since the New Year is acceptable. Our great club is financially secure and will get stronger but we have to stay in the Prem . Would love to see Sean Dyche as our new coach !! I do wish CR good luck for the future and to thank him for a memorable season I will never forget.  

58 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You do realise why though? We hadn't spent another £110m, we played half decent football and were in most games, it was all his backroom team that he'd put together.

Not only that the players were behind him and owners clearly felt the team building job he did on top of all that made him a good choice if we went down.

Can we really say any of that about Claudio? I can't say he's our best bet now let alone if we went down to a league he doesn't know.

Played half decent football, fair enough, that`s your opinion. 

I don`t remember Swansea away that season being half decent, in fact i remember it being 10 times worse than the other week.

I don`t remember the away game at Southampton, where it took us until the 90th minute to have our first shot, being half decent, or the 0-0 draw against 10 man Hull at home, in which we thought at the time was probably pretty much a do or die game being pretty decent either, in fact much of that season was dire, but as i say, if you have a different opinion of that season to me, then you are well within your rights to do so.

We stayed in games that season, and didn`t get tonked , because of the negative tactics, and how many of those stay in games did we win, and where did it get us?

To the bottom of the table for three quarters of the season, that`s where it got us.

It was only shit or bust time, when we had to go out and try and win games, to have any chance of staying up, that Pearson changed those tactics.

People go on about Ranieri signing and then not playing Kaputska, Pearson done the same with Albrighton for over half the season, then when he finally gave him a run of games, he played a big part in our survival.

So all in all, did Pearson deserve the whole of the season to turn things around, despite being 4 points worse off than we are now, over a manager that last season presided over the biggest achievement our football club is ever likely to know?

In your opinion, it sounds like a yes, and happily, you would be justified in that, because we stayed up in the end, and what followed after, could not have been achieved otherwise, but in my opinion at that time, no he didn`t deserve that chance, but i`m glad he did for obvious reasons.

It is just that at this stage of that season, we looked no more like saving ourselves than we do now, and yet we did, so who is to say that wouldn`t have happened if we had kept Ranieri, of course we will never know for sure.

By the way, nice to see you have rekindled your passion, after earlier in the season, when you were struggling getting up for games, after the euphoria of last season.

I know exactly where you were at, i was in the same place! 

23 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

I wanted him gone, and it's the right decision.  CR will always be a hero, he just isn't the right person to turn things around, and if the next person isn't, its still the same outcome, but we have to try to save ourselves, the club is more important then any manager

Yeah I get that but don't you think the wrong person is got the bullet? For me the problems lies above CR and that problem is still going to be there. Rudkin should of gone first for me. 

Even though I thought he should go, those comments have brought home just what he thinks about our club. I'd ask him him to be an ambassador for the club in the near future, and a statue is an absolute must, the guy is a Leicester legend who our grandchildren will talk about. Thanks for making my dreams come true just once in my lifetime.

2 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I would buy it

Tbh Ranieri doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who'd tell all anyway. Even if he's been ****ed over by our bunch of lazy cvnt players he still wouldn't throw them under the bus. You can tell by his statement that he isn't going to do that. 

Just now, daz*dsb said:

Tbh Ranieri doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who'd tell all anyway. Even if he's been ****ed over by our bunch of lazy cvnt players he still wouldn't throw them under the bus. You can tell by his statement that he isn't going to do that. 

Revenge is a dish best served cold

12 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Would love him to retire now and write an autobiography, I imagine it would be a fantastic read and not just the bits at Leicester,

His first one is a fantastic read 

I hope he gets a proper send off, I know sacked managers normally don't but this is different. An official goodbye before kick off at one of our matches where they give him flowers and whatever. Maybe last game of the season against Bournemouth. He deserves to get a goodbye from the fans in a packed KP

1 hour ago, jock2612 said:

A truly dignified statement from a true gent ! But it was time for him to go, we have had a truly awful season and are in a desperate relegation battle that none of us could see coming. Something had to change. To abuse the owners is both short sighted and stupid and so called football supporters hoping that we are relegated  can get lost. I don't care what they think! Pundits just cannot lose. GL is one of the worst first the thinks CR appointment was a joke, then thinks no away wins all season and one goal since the New Year is acceptable. Our great club is financially secure and will get stronger but we have to stay in the Prem . Would love to see Sean Dyche as our new coach !! I do wish CR good luck for the future and to thank him for a memorable season I will never forget.  

Strange that? Dyche got Burnley promoted then relegated,  his club trusted him and he got them promoted again. What would you do if he came and we were relegated?  He won't come of course, he's not an idiot.

Archived