Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
eddylcfc

Who regrets it?

Regrets?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. For those of you who wanted Claudio sacked, who now regrets it and wishes he was still here?

• Yes, come back, please!
    • No. A change was needed and I stick by my original thoughts.

I regret nothing.

What he did last year will never be forgotten, but that was last year. I said in december he was on borrowed time and had until mid-february to turn it around or he'd be sacked. Things only went worse. I wanted him to go for the first time mid/end of january I think (might be after Southampton away). I'll stick with it. 

I was on the fence about whether he should leave, felt he was definitely taking us down but didn't feel the owners would sack him and didn't think there was a credible replacement.

The moment I heard the news though, I was surprised at how much relief and renewed hope I felt.

Feel bad for him, but wether it was his fault or the players, something had to give, as things was getting worse, rather than better.

Sadly it's easier to get rid of one man than a squad full of spoiled children, the only guilt should be felt by the players, wether they let him down due to not liking what he wanted to do, or not, they let him down massively.

Non, je ne regrette rien. 

Will miss Claudio and always love him for last season. And always welcome. Claudio Ranieri way/stadium/statue ... Maybe

BUT

The king is dead, long live the king. Let's now stuff the pundits and public and press mourners words right up their jacksies! 

8 minutes ago, weller54 said:

It's NOT what was done.. 

It was HOW it was done.. 

Disgraceful! 

How was it? He was sacked and rightly so there is no good way to sack some one,he's took all the credit for the title win and the players are taking all the shit for this season,**** me I hope if I ever turn shit at my job I get a massive pay off like he's going to.

Yeah I suddenly regret it before we've even played a game since lol 

It was never about the man and always about the manager. The moment you let the fact he's a nice guy dictate the decision you're clouding your judgement. I'm sorry it's ending because I really like him, but it had to end before it was too late.

12 minutes ago, weller54 said:

It's NOT what was done.. 

It was HOW it was done.. 

Disgraceful! 

lol How do you sack someone nicely? Maybe he was asked to walk a few weeks back and didn't, so eventually he's left them with no choice.

17 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

LeTisser saying he thinks 95% of fans disagree with the sacking. I'd probably say it's 50/50 with people split on the decision.

Looked like around 90% agreed he had to go after the Swansea game

He's always going to be remembered for what he did but I feel he was given 2 months too long. We needed a change before the transfer window. Nobody should have a job for life because they done great things before. 

If a Dr saved a life that nobody thought could be saved one year and then miss diagnosed illnesses resulting in alot of pain and discomfort the following year, do people always say but look at the life he saved? 

19 hours ago, lestajigs said:

No not at all, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind we would be relegated with him in charge, maybe we still but I at a guess I think our form will now pick up

BUT could you categorically say - now that he is gone - the chances of survival has increased markedly...??:rolleyes:

i 'll reserve judgement till monday but from what i 've seen - the sh *tty factional problems amongst the primma donnas linger

and just wait for the paying fans to let out

12 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Yeah I suddenly regret it before we've even played a game since lol 

It was never about the man and always about the manager. The moment you let the fact he's a nice guy dictate the decision you're clouding your judgement. I'm sorry it's ending because I really like him, but it had to end before it was too late.

lol How do you sack someone nicely? Maybe he was asked to walk a few weeks back and didn't, so eventually he's left them with no choice.

change the word "manager" with "player" and you will have the okazaki situation

I have spoken to quite a few people in various pubs and 100% so far against his sacking. 

Clearly he he has tried to change a few things, unsuccessfully, and no doubt there was disquiet in the camp because he comes across to me as set in his ways. 

However, after 55 years supporting the team, relegation although gut wrenching at the time hold no fears and I would have stuck with CR. The trouble is honour and integrity come a poor second to brand and money. 

I thank the the owners for putting us on a secure financial footing, but think they have lost the respect of the majority of city fans and 100% the rest of UK / world. 

We we will be pariahs in the football world for the next year if so. 

I just wish the club handled it in a totally different way after what this gentle guy did for us last season,I feel it would have been better  for the owners to have asked Claudio to resign therefore limiting the fall out as his sacking has bought upon the club I think he deserved that at least !?

Archived