Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

Xbox Game pass announced

https://www.vg247.com/2017/03/01/xbox-game-pass-is-the-innovation-this-console-generation-deserves-what-took-so-long/

In the same mould as EA Access & Netflix.

Only 100 games initially according to reports but if it takes off I'm sure we'll see bigger titles available shortly after launch.

Thoughts?

For me personally, again, if it takes off as anticipated I think it's a good idea. The last 2 games I've bought I haven't played since the day I got them, the price of those games would cover the annual subscription for this, and I'd likely to have been able to play those 2 games at some point during the subscription, along with many other games for the same price.

2 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Nah looks legit. Halo 5, Gears 4 etc.

But I'd still want a bigger catalog, personally. 

Oh that's pretty decent then I guess, where did you find out what games they're offering?

Just now, matty98 said:

Oh that's pretty decent then I guess, where did you find out what games they're offering?

There's articles dotted about, I think it is just rumored at the min and  tbf looks like the Gears remake not 4, but plenty of proper titles. Few Indys, Few backwards compat 360 games. Looks a decent spread, just you'd probably have to times the amount of selection by about 10 for me to be interested. 

Seen it will be £7.99 per month. So just under £96 a year.

If they don't have a great catalogue of games, I probably wont go for it at that price. I can imagine it will be a lot of cheap indie games and a small handful of 'bigger' games. Perhaps if they put it at around £30-40 for an annual subscription, I would be tempted. Especially for Gold members, as they pay for Xbox Live.

Does anybody know if this will effectively replace 'Games with Gold'?

I wish Sony would do something like this but I know it's completely impossible for them to natively emulate PS3 games on the PS4 so it's just not going to happen

I didn't mind PSNow from the trail month I had, but I'd prefer it if it was done like this instead

• 2 months later...

Anybody get this? £7.99 a month, over a hundred titles. Halo 5 probably the biggest name of the bunch. Majority are Xbox 360 backwards compatible or indie games. 

Don't know if it's worth it or not. I hope they bring some more titles in.

Archived