Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dammy

Peter Etebo

While LCFC fans are raving about Ndidi, there is another Nigerian player who IMO is better than Ndidi and his name is Peter Etebo. He plays for Feirense in the Portuguese first division and he keeps Ndidi on the bench for the Nigerian national team, The Super Eagles.

I would love LCFC to sign him as he would compliment Ndidi, he is very versatile and can play as a defensive, central and attacking midfielder. He has an eye for goal and scored 4 goals in the match against Japan in the 2016 Rio Olympics. He has energy like Kante, can dribble, good shots and excellent free-kick taker. He has been scouted by a lot of teams in Europe, LCFC included and he would not cost as much as Ndidi. I hope LCFC steal a march on other interested teams by signing him. Nigeria play 2 friendlies in March in London against Senegal and Burkina Faso. I expect a lot of scouts to be there.He is just 21 years old.

9 minutes ago, Dammy said:

While LCFC fans are raving about Ndidi, there is another Nigerian player who IMO is better than Ndidi and his name is Peter Etebo. He plays for Feirense in the Portuguese first division and he keeps Ndidi on the bench for the Nigerian national team, The Super Eagles.

I would love LCFC to sign him as he would compliment Ndidi, he is very versatile and can play as a defensive, central and attacking midfielder. He has an eye for goal and scored 4 goals in the match against Japan in the 2016 Rio Olympics. He has energy like Kante, can dribble, good shots and excellent free-kick taker. He has been scouted by a lot of teams in Europe, LCFC included and he would not cost as much as Ndidi. I hope LCFC steal a march on other interested teams by signing him. Nigeria play 2 friendlies in March in London against Senegal and Burkina Faso. I expect a lot of scouts to be there.He is just 21 years old.

Stop it Peter

10 minutes ago, Dammy said:

And presumably he'd be on his way to AFCON as well. We can't have a whole team of Africans disappearing for a month every year! It's been bad enough this season.  

8 minutes ago, Thracian said:

And presumably he'd be on his way to AFCON as well. We can't have a whole team of Africans disappearing for a month every year! It's been bad enough this season.  

Sorry to be a boblet but its every two years....

8 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Isn't the tournament held every two years?

While @Dammy is raving about Etebo, there is another Nigerian player who IMO is better than Etebo and his name is Wilfed N'Didi. He plays for Leicester in the English first division.

I would love LCFC to keep him, he is very versatile and can play as a defensive, central and attacking midfielder. 

5 minutes ago, mikey54 said:

Isn't the tournament held every two years?

What are you suggesting - we build a team to last for a season? I don't care who they are or how it works out but two people heading for AFCON is quite enough. And still risky if we're to stay in contention for everything on offer.  

Tbf we've got enough people who can play in the middle of the park. For me we need a striker/winger who can help you score goals. There's a welshmen who plys his trade in Spain. Plays for a little team called Real Madrid and he bangs them in for fun. Think his name is Bale. Maybe we should look at getting him in. 

28 minutes ago, Thracian said:

What are you suggesting - we build a team to last for a season? I don't care who they are or how it works out but two people heading for AFCON is quite enough. And still risky if we're to stay in contention for everything on offer.  

I was suggesting nothing of the sort. Just saying the tournament is held every two years and not every year as you seemed to suggest

1 hour ago, Dammy said:

Is this you Walshy ? thanks mate but we do our own scouting since you dumped us.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/leicester-city-transfer-rumours-nigeria-winger-peter-etebo-monitored/story-30203492-detail/story.html

"Now a full international alongside the likes Ahmed Musa and Wilfred Ndidi, Etebo has been tracked throughout the season by City and Turkish giants Fenerbahce, according to Portuguese paper A Bola."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oghenekaro_Etebo

http://www.transfermarkt.com/oghenekaro-etebo/profil/spieler/409106

39 minutes ago, Molson Canadian said:

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/leicester-city-transfer-rumours-nigeria-winger-peter-etebo-monitored/story-30203492-detail/story.html

"Now a full international alongside the likes Ahmed Musa and Wilfred Ndidi, Etebo has been tracked throughout the season by City and Turkish giants Fenerbahce, according to Portuguese paper A Bola."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oghenekaro_Etebo

http://www.transfermarkt.com/oghenekaro-etebo/profil/spieler/409106

This was about 4 years ago -not 4 years, apologies lol

Archived