Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

6 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Now I know it's a Nintendo title so you don't judge it on the same performance based criteria as you would most other games but I've been hearing a lot of talk about frame rate issues in this title across both platforms.  What's the experience of those playing it, how much does it affect the experience?  And which console are you playing it on?

I play it on the Switch and it happens occasionally for me - only in TV mode. So far it's only happened a few times when I'm in a grassy area with lots of enemies. IMO, it doesn't affect the experience whatsoever.

I've had no frame rate issues at all. Not that I've noticed anyway.

pds - no reason why a 6 year old can't play it. Problem is it is bloody hard. I would assume he would get killed constantly and grow bored of it.

ive decided to go round the whole map going for the towers and finding some shrines along the way. Tried to go to death mountain and I'm still getting battered so want to get more heart containers. Managed to find 2 great fairies and I've also just stumbled upon THE MASTER SWORD. Anybody else found it yet

15 hours ago, pds said:

Having never owned or played a Zelda game is this suitable for a 6 year old? My son has been asking about getting it after seeing youtube videos of it.

Depends on how video game proficient they are. 

My 7 year old daughter is currently loving playing it... but I have to do all the combat, partly because she gets too stressed also she's not good enough to control it (not much experience with 3rd person fighting, though she's a whizz at Splatoon).

She absolutely LOVES the adventuring, hunting, collecting, cooking, parasailing, horse taming and non-combat (puzzle) shrines.

Just looking at this last night, insanely expensive on Amazon. If I want the console, Zelda and a pro controller I'm looking at over 400 combined. 

Is that pretty standard pricing everywhere? If so, it's probably going to have to wait, that's disgusting.

Was a massive fan of Zelda in the n64 era, I've been pining for Ocarina of Time a bit lately and the this is the first new Zelda that looks like it lives up to that in years but fk me.

51 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Just looking at this last night, insanely expensive on Amazon. If I want the console, Zelda and a pro controller I'm looking at over 400 combined. 

Is that pretty standard pricing everywhere? If so, it's probably going to have to wait, that's disgusting.

Was a massive fan of Zelda in the n64 era, I've been pining for Ocarina of Time a bit lately and the this is the first new Zelda that looks like it lives up to that in years but fk me.

Yeah, it's super expensive. Each to their own and all that, but I reckon you could do without the pro controller. It's really comfortable playing it with one Joy-Con in each hand. And you can possibly find the console second-hand once the launch hype has died down a bit. I expect some will be looking to sell once they've beaten BOTW. 

I'd say the pro is definitely the way to go... so much more comfortable (especially if you're used to the Xbox controller).

Of course it's expensive, how much would it have cost for an XBoxOne, GTA V and another controller at launch? Simillarly PS4?

4 minutes ago, Phube said:

I'd say the pro is definitely the way to go... so much more comfortable (especially if you're used to the Xbox controller).

Of course it's expensive, how much would it have cost for an XBoxOne, GTA V and another controller at launch? Simillarly PS4?

I've literally never paid £70 for the standard version of a game, Phube. Or £60 for a controller.

There's brand loyalty and then there's just silly. It IS very expensive.

19 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I've literally never paid £70 for the standard version of a game, Phube. Or £60 for a controller.

There's brand loyalty and then there's just silly. It IS very expensive.

I paid £46 for Zelda (Prime benefits). 

And the Xbox controller (without motion contol) is £49.99?

34 minutes ago, Phube said:

You're paying for a superior system with more than 1 game if you're paying that money for a Playstation or an X-Box though. Nintendo must be pissing themselves at how many people bought these at launch considering what they've gave them lol 

16 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

You're paying for a superior system with more than 1 game if you're paying that money for a Playstation or an X-Box though. Nintendo must be pissing themselves at how many people bought these at launch considering what they've gave them lol 

Superior? I didn't know you could take your PS4/Xbone onto a plane and play the same games? :unsure: 

:P 

18 hours ago, VinceNoir said:

Just finished the second dungeon. Man, this game is so good!

Which dungeon did you do? I am currently starting the quests for the Rito which will be my 2nd dungeon. Right now my focus is getting the Master Sword.

I put a fair few hours in over the weekend. I'm just running around unlocking the map. I have also found 3 great fairies. Really starting to get to grips with the controls as at first i thought the fighting wasn't as slick as previous Zelda games. 

Really enjoyed some of the puzzles in the shrines. The runes add a nice variety to the type of puzzle you can find.

also have you seen any dragons flying around. I've found 2 but don't know what they do. Dont fancy like fighting one haha 

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

I keep mixing up the controls for sword/shield/throw. I started a new game (seperate from my son's) and managed to accidentally hurl my woodcutters axe from the top of the first tower!

lol

haha good luck finding that.

My daughter watched me play this last night so im hoping she will have a go herself tonight. I know the first sign of danger she will hand me the controller though lol 

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

Which dungeon did you do? I am currently starting the quests for the Rito which will be my 2nd dungeon. Right now my focus is getting the Master Sword.

I put a fair few hours in over the weekend. I'm just running around unlocking the map. I have also found 3 great fairies. Really starting to get to grips with the controls as at first i thought the fighting wasn't as slick as previous Zelda games. 

Really enjoyed some of the puzzles in the shrines. The runes add a nice variety to the type of puzzle you can find.

also have you seen any dragons flying around. I've found 2 but don't know what they do. Dont fancy like fighting one haha 

I went to Death Mountain to help the Gorons out :thumbup:

Sounds ace what you're doing. I love exploring the map so might go on a Master Sword hunt soon as well! Yeah, I've seen the dragons but I've no idea what they do. Maybe it's the same dragon? Could be one of the divine beasts?

7 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

I went to Death Mountain to help the Gorons out :thumbup:

Sounds ace what you're doing. I love exploring the map so might go on a Master Sword hunt soon as well! Yeah, I've seen the dragons but I've no idea what they do. Maybe it's the same dragon? Could be one of the divine beasts?

No its definitely 2 dragons. I've seen a green one and a red one. They are similar in appearance to Volvagia in Ocarina of Time. The Green One appears over the bridge south of the great Plateau if you want to investigate. They fly up into what looks like a portal and disappear. Obviously some sort of side quest.

I wont tell you where The Master Sword is. You will get an idea once you keep unlocking the map

My daughter (10 years old) had her first go on this last night. She's not a massive gamer but she does enjoy watching me on a game if its a good story. She loved playing this. Running around smacking the s*** out of Bokoblins. She is one of those players who cant get to grips with moving the camera at the same time as moving the character though lol so frustrating. I keep telling her to play more often so she gets to grips with the controls.

I then had a go once she went bed. I know i am so close to getting the Master Sword. I just want it as surely it doesn't break, Does it?

Ready to progress the Rito story line but my daughter wants to watch me so i was stuck doing more exploring last night. I have 2 more towers to get to before the whole map is unlocked. 

I saw the red dragon again last night. Still no idea what it does or if it is hostile. I actually rode my first horse last night. I've not bothered with them but thought i would try them out. Also had some fun with a raft and the Octo Balloons lol 

Just want to blast this game every night. Doubt i will play tonight though with a certain football match taking place.

21 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

My daughter (10 years old) had her first go on this last night. She's not a massive gamer but she does enjoy watching me on a game if its a good story. She loved playing this. Running around smacking the s*** out of Bokoblins. She is one of those players who cant get to grips with moving the camera at the same time as moving the character though lol so frustrating. I keep telling her to play more often so she gets to grips with the controls.

I then had a go once she went bed. I know i am so close to getting the Master Sword. I just want it as surely it doesn't break, Does it?

Ready to progress the Rito story line but my daughter wants to watch me so i was stuck doing more exploring last night. I have 2 more towers to get to before the whole map is unlocked. 

I saw the red dragon again last night. Still no idea what it does or if it is hostile. I actually rode my first horse last night. I've not bothered with them but thought i would try them out. Also had some fun with a raft and the Octo Balloons lol 

Just want to blast this game every night. Doubt i will play tonight though with a certain football match taking place.

Sounds really good that. Cool that she enjoys watching you play as well!

I spent the most of yesterday unlocking parts of the map and visiting loads of shrines. Some of the shrine puzzles are so good! Also, I kept saying to myself "Right, I'll just go over there and then save it." Then "Ooooh what's that over there!". I'd say this process continued for an hour or two and I ended up in Gerudo Desert lol Such a cool place btw!

Think I'll sneak a few hours in before the Champions League tonight.

Archived