Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

Sevilla (H) Pre-Match Thread

Guest CityFan 06

Next up, Sevilla at home in the Champions League.

This has the potential to be a very special night at Filbert Way; the aggregate going into this is 1-2 Sevilla after the first leg, but if we can turn it around, we will be through to the quarter finals.

A lot more confident than after the away leg that's for sure!

However I'm a bit uncomfortable with all this "we only need a 1-0 win" business, I'm not concerned on the goal front but keeping them out will be a very difficult task.

However, this team has worked miracles before and we are very capable of getting a result, so as a result...

LETS FVCKING 'AVE 'EM!!!!!!

Vardy back on form. Shinji back to his old self. Both defending from the front. Ndidi excellent. Drinky back too. Mahrez weaving his magic again. Albrighton solid.

Fuchs back. Simpson excellent. Slimani looked excellent. Gray quiet, but his work led to our third.

They should all be fired up. Ready to impress, ready to flght for each other, for Shakey and for their reputation.

You worry that Sevilla will punish our centre backs. But as long as we show energy, defend from the front, and Ndidi continues, it's hard not to have hope.

Well, Sevilla certainly won't be expecting what's coming at them, given the first leg performance... hungry, angry, frustrated players who have had 6 months off, new manager bounce on the most epic scale, from relegation certainties form to PL winning form.. Seville are still more likely to go through, but I'm just glad we'll get to see the proper PL winning team in the CL at least once. Didn't think it was going to happen.. honestly performance wise we weren't that great in the CL group stage. Hopefully Sevilla lets their guard down and hope its freezing cold and raining on the night to throw them off even more. And maybe we'll draw Man City in the QFs and reach the SFs lol

4 minutes ago, brucey said:

Well, Sevilla certainly won't be expecting what's coming at them, given the first leg performance... hungry, angry, frustrated players who have had 6 months off, new manager bounce on the most epic scale, from relegation certainties form to PL winning form.. Seville are still more likely to go through, but I'm just glad we'll get to see the proper PL winning team in the CL at least once. Didn't think it was going to happen.. honestly performance wise we weren't that great in the CL group stage. Hopefully Sevilla lets their guard down and hope its freezing cold and raining on the night to throw them off even more. And maybe we'll draw Man City in the QFs and reach the SFs lol

:clap:

What a crazy couple of weeks!

Buzzing for this game now, really looking forward to it. We need to make the atmosphere electric again like the Porto match at home or the Liverpool match post Ranieri exit. Can't see us keeping a clean sheet so will need to score 2 or 3, which should make for an exciting game.

I just want to see us play with the energy we have in recent games against them. If they win, so be it, but I want to see us have a go. It might be our last ever Champions League match, so put it all on the line for that chance of the last 8! Don't do an Arsenal and go out with a whimper.

1 minute ago, Monsell1976 said:

Didn't rate them that much at their place, good side but nothing special.

Didnt hammer us at our lowest point, they may live to regret it.

Wouldnt like to call it, but after the last 2 games, I feel more positive.

I disagree.  They're an excellent side and should have won 6-1 if it wasn't for some Schmeichel heroics. Sevilla are IMO Tottenham on steroids. They're a much better version of Spurs. 

27 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I guess it will be the same starting 11 again. 

Hope he doesn't start King or someone out of sentiment. 

Such a disrespectful remark and the last thing needed with our club buzzing again and the players reflecting the all-for-one, one-for-all attitude which served to elevate them beyond their seemingly daftest dreams.

I don't think Shaky's shown any signs of being likely to pick a team on sentiment. My first impressions are that he'll pick a team based on the best players for the next game and as their coach as well as their manager I'd guess that he's more qualified than anyone at the club to know who those "best players" are.

I touted King before Ranieri's departure because Drinky was playing badly, the team weren't passing the ball, we were losing games without scoring goals or creating chances and because it had to stop.

Since Ranieri's disappeared - something I first advocated back around September - all those problems have disappeared and, yes, we are passing the ball again, as well as we used to when we set the nation on fire with our football.  

King was never to blame for the shambles we became and now our spirit's been revived there's no need for the promotion of any particular player given that most all that have had the chance, seem to be functioning splendidly including the defenders that have so recently taken such a hammering.

But I sure don't like such a steadfast servant of our club getting such insulting disrespect having played his part in providing some of the best seasons in our history.

1 minute ago, Thracian said:

Such a disrespectful remark and the last thing needed with our club buzzing again and the players reflecting the all-for-one, one-for-all attitude which served to elevate them beyond their seemingly daftest dreams.

I don't think Shaky's shown any signs of being likely to pick a team on sentiment. My first impressions are that he'll pick a team based on the best players for the next game and as their coach as well as their manager I'd guess that he's more qualified than anyone at the club to know who those "best players" are.

I touted King before Ranieri's departure because Drinky was playing badly, the team weren't passing the ball, we were losing games without scoring goals or creating chances and because it had to stop.

Since Ranieri's disappeared - something I first advocated back around September - all those problems have disappeared and, yes, we are passing the ball again, as well as we used to when we set the nation on fire with our football.  

King was never to blame for the shambles we became and now our spirit's been revived there's no need for the promotion of any particular player given that most all that have had the chance, seem to be functioning splendidly including the defenders that have so recently taken such a hammering.

But I sure don't like such a steadfast servant of our club getting such insulting disrespect having played his part in providing some of the best seasons in our history.

Sorry

11 minutes ago, Koke said:

I disagree.  They're an excellent side and should have won 6-1 if it wasn't for some Schmeichel heroics. Sevilla are IMO Tottenham on steroids. They're a much better version of Spurs. 

Good side like I said, but beatable, your right, we were awful first half, and should have been 6, but they didn't take advantage, it's 2-1 and with renewed confidence, it's game on

Have to say that I wasn't overly impressed by Sevilla in the first leg. Yes, they had chances and could have won by more, but no way are they some sort of super power in European football. They were up against a lacklustre City side, reeling from woeful performances in recent months.

I think that Remi at the back is suspect to pace. Not sure what all the song and dance was about N'zonzi - he looked average.

If we can harry them, get an early goal I think that their confidence will collapse.I would have been more worried about facing Monaco's front five.

The greatest opportunity for us to advance to the last eight of the Champions League.

Archived