Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

i have a couple of Questions about Seville

With the game coming up next week, i have a couple of questions.

First one is "How many fans are Seville bringing?" I know Spanish teams dont travel in great numbers so does anybody have an idea how many tickets they have sold?

The second is, i have noticed that the Seville keeper doesnt like crosses. He hardly ever catches. Has anybody else noticed a weekness we can exploit?

Historically Spanish teams do not travel within there own country,

Real Madrid took about 30 fans to an away game a few years back(yes 30)

ive read up on it being something to do with politics that they would rather not give an oppositions team there money,and any fans seen celebrating are merely locals who support the away team,

however they do travel in numbers abroad

IMG_0393.JPG

15 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

Historically Spanish teams do not travel within there own country,

Real Madrid took about 30 fans to an away game a few years back(yes 30)

ive read up on it being something to do with politics that they would rather not give an oppositions team there money,and any fans seen celebrating are merely locals who support the away team,

however they do travel in numbers abroad

IMG_0393.JPG

I know Spanish fans don't really travel to away games but 30 fans for a club of Real Madrids size is pretty incredible. I went to Ajax/PSV last season and was surprised the small number PSV had for probably the biggest game in the Netherlands. 

2 minutes ago, EGBFitness said:

I know Spanish fans don't really travel to away games but 30 fans for a club of Real Madrids size is pretty incredible. I went to Ajax/PSV last season and was surprised the small number PSV had for probably the biggest game in the Netherlands. 

You need to remember the distances involved are quite a bit different than the UK on the whole.

28 minutes ago, EGBFitness said:

I read up on it out of curiosity,and when real play athletico Madrid and vise versa,the struggle to sell 250-300 tickets in the away end

purely because of the politics I stated above,

complete madness when you think about it,

but also read that when you compare a country the size of Spain to ours,the time they play etc,it could end up being a 800 mile journey on a Wednesday night with a local kick off time off 10 pm,which would put most off

31 minutes ago, EGBFitness said:

For holland, it's restrictions imposed by the Police. A lot of the big games have no away fans at all. 

Sevilla's supporters will be made up of people based in England. I doubt they will sell out the allocation.

i don't know if anyone else noticed but Sevilla's keeper can't kick long. They always choose to play out from the back or chip it to the full back. You can set up for this and catch them out

8 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Like Bournemouth to Newcastle ......

But that's one example in 20...  in the UK many away trips tend to be within 2-3 hours journey time and there's reasonable options for people to travel those distances - making going away a more regular occurrence. Fans here accept the notion of travelling to all games both home and away.

It's just not that easy or affordable to do that in Spain... Hence why you wouldn't get regular travelling support.

They've only asked for 700. 

Watched them tonight against Alaves, wasn't all that impressed by them yet again. Looked very leggy and tired in the second half. 

1 hour ago, ARCHER said:

They invented oranges in Seville in 1952 and still make them till this day.

though i've heard they're quite bitter about it.

5 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

At least we don't have any away games where you're obliged to either fly, sail or swim in order to attend.

in Spain games are a lot further than Bournemouth to Newcastle, mainland Spain is a lot bigger than England - plus they have teams in the canary islands and Balearic islands, Barcelona can play Las Palmas is gran canaria over 2000 miles away - whereas traveling from Leicester to Sevilla only 1400 miles, kinda mad 

Archived