Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Cheltenham Festival 2017.

22 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

Sounds like you have had some great 'touches' over the years, Really fancied Highland Bud in 1989 Chelt Fest with Dunwoody on board but had a little each way bet on Ikdam, the conditions were atrocious here's the llnk the rest is history

Remember this race !!! Dunwoody was some pilot 

@The Guvnor remember this one ? 

Nick Dundee had the entire island of ireland on him !!! 

Was decent price not long before chelt went off 5/4 

norman Williamson still adamant it was his fault he asked the horse all wrong and the horse never came up 

I still have nightmares about this one ... every now and then nick Dundee is mentioned and I get a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye 

that loss still hurts nearly 20 years later !!!

Strong whisper for Battlefort in the Martin pipe on gold cup day 8/1 each way a good shout 

loves good ground , ran well here last year 

looks a right Mullins Job this ! 

Mullins has been on fire in this race the last number of years ! 

56 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

@The Guvnor remember this one ? 

Nick Dundee had the entire island of ireland on him !!! 

Was decent price not long before chelt went off 5/4 

norman Williamson still adamant it was his fault he asked the horse all wrong and the horse never came up 

I still have nightmares about this one ... every now and then nick Dundee is mentioned and I get a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye 

that loss still hurts nearly 20 years later !!!

Yep the 'Gold Cup' for novices it did look like all he had to do was stay up to win, but the winner was a terrific staying chaser and Carberry always reckoned he would have won anyway.  Everyone saw his injury and feared the worst however he did die from an injury three years later at stud. I think I had backed Collier Bay ew couldn't see past Nick Dundee but he was too skinny a price for me. All you could hear was the bookies cheering.

24 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

Yep the 'Gold Cup' for novices it did look like all he had to do was stay up to win, but the winner was a terrific staying chaser and Carberry always reckoned he would have won anyway.  Everyone saw his injury and feared the worst however he did die from an injury three years later at stud. I think I had backed Collier Bay ew couldn't see past Nick Dundee but he was too skinny a price for me. All you could hear was the bookies cheering.

There was a Leicester bookie Johnstone I think had a pitch right at the top of the chute in the grandstands tatts at chelt 

That day when nick Dundee fell he smiled and winked at me like a man who was just about to service your wife and take your sister away afterwards for dinner and deserts .... he cleaned me out on that race and absolutely loved it ... his wink haunted me for 5 years !!! 

But 5 years later I emptied his satchel  !!!! Last day was a Thursday then he was slaughtered on Iris's gift and best mate 

but Sporazene was my bet of the day in county hurdle , when the county was the last race of 3 days 

I collected my winnings on best mate 10/11 and asked Him for odds on Sporazene he quoted me 12/1 I had the lot on each way and I went and borrowed cash off my buddies to back the thing silly ..... 

Sporazene hacked up !!! And I emptied his bag .... totally cleared it and he has to to meet me at uttoxeter the Saturday , but uttoxeter was cancelled and he had drive all the way to harbough to pay me the rest owed lol 

he was really gracious about it ! 

9 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

There was a Leicester bookie Johnstone I think had a pitch right at the top of the chute in the grandstands tatts at chelt 

That day when nick Dundee fell he smiled and winked at me like a man who was just about to service your wife and take your sister away afterwards for dinner and deserts .... he cleaned me out on that race and absolutely loved it ... his wink haunted me for 5 years !!! 

But 5 years later I emptied his satchel  !!!! Last day was a Thursday then he was slaughtered on Iris's gift and best mate 

but Sporazene was my bet of the day in county hurdle , when the county was the last race of 3 days 

I collected my winnings on best mate 10/11 and asked Him for odds on Sporazene he quoted me 12/1 I had the lot on each way and I went and borrowed cash off my buddies to back the thing silly ..... 

Sporazene hacked up !!! And I emptied his bag .... totally cleared it and he has to to meet me at uttoxeter the Saturday , but uttoxeter was cancelled and he had drive all the way to harbough to pay me the rest owed lol 

he was really gracious about it ! 

What a fantastic story Paddy but fair play to the bookie for settling the debt, there are probably a few that would not have been so gracious.

10 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

What a fantastic story Paddy but fair play to the bookie for settling the debt, there are probably a few that would not have been so gracious.

Indeed , big fat Gary Wiltshire threw a good few grand at me once and moaned that I had stolen 9/4 about a 7/4 shot 

he went 9/4 all the others  were showing 7/4 so I took his odds and ran a few liabilities for others 

he was chatting away on his blower and missed the price change 

30 seconds later he realised and adjusted 

but thought it was my fault He was over priced lollol 

@Bert

cool ground , the fellow and Docklands express flashing up the hill 

the fellow flicked out his tail coming to the last and for me that was the moment I could see a chance Cool Ground could come back ! 

This race started it all for me properly the Cheltenham love affair 25 years ago this month 

i still get goose bumps when that BBC racing music hits my ears ! 

1 minute ago, GaelicFox said:

Moon Racer goes for champion hurdle 

he is owned by a man from market Harborough 

vroom vroom and Limini are going to clash in mares race Tuesday 

Seriously tempted for the new one in the champion hurdle EW. 

Limini to take the mares. 

42 minutes ago, Bert said:

Seriously tempted for the new one in the champion hurdle EW. 

Limini to take the mares. 

New one has had his chances he will be a huge price on the day 

Yanworth is bomb proof for me in champion 

the mares race is going to probably be the best race of the week !!!! 

I'll go Ger Girl Each-way but limini will win 

1 hour ago, GaelicFox said:

New one has had his chances he will be a huge price on the day 

Yanworth is bomb proof for me in champion 

the mares race is going to probably be the best race of the week !!!! 

I'll go Ger Girl Each-way but limini will win 

Anything upwards of 16/1 I'll have a dabble each way. Just can't wait for it to all start now!

1 hour ago, GaelicFox said:

I can't bet in the race now really as I'm not sure what is going on 

ricci doesn't do this with his horses 

Does seem odd but VV Mag is a machine last 13 runs 12 wins and a shd defeat to a horse she was conceding 4 pounds, that'll do for me Ronny.

22 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

Does seem odd but VV Mag is a machine last 13 runs 12 wins and a shd defeat to a horse she was conceding 4 pounds, that'll do for me Ronny.

I'm with you really 

But I would never bet against ruby like that 

Just now, GaelicFox said:

I'm with you really 

But I would never bet against ruby like that 

I'm a great fan of Ruby as well Paddy, but sentiment wouldn't stop me from betting against him. My understanding is Ruby was booked for Limini so he hasn't chosen by ability which is also a positive for VV Mag

6 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

I'm a great fan of Ruby as well Paddy, but sentiment wouldn't stop me from betting against him. My understanding is Ruby was booked for Limini so he hasn't chosen by ability which is also a positive for VV Mag

I'd say that's a fair call 

Archived