Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Additional Coaching Staff to help Shakespeare?

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I'm interested in Tuesday night specifically. 

I dont believe Craig has any experience in two legged ties with away goals counting at the end of 90 mins. This was actually something Claudio really understood! 

Maybe we can ask someone like sir Alex to help us out - he can be smuggled into the KP in a laundry basket. Cant afford Craig to have a moment like Claudio did at milwall when molla went off! 

would be awful if we ended up going out on Tuesday evening due to shakes showing some inexperience late in the game. 

I would agree at the start of the 2 legs but we know what we need to do now. It's one game so I don't see how any experience would help the situation. We either need to win 1 nil (unlikely) or beat them on the night to progress. 

Why change the management set-up if things on-the-field are going well and smoothly?

Rather see how Shakespeare does until end of season before any more management changes. Plus the players know Shakespeare and Co well now and want things to be settled in terms of who's taking training and managing first-team matters etc.

Any more change at this stage of the season may unsettle some players that prefer Shakespeare advice and take on things, and could prove dangerous.

The academy side needs changing as mentioned, and still not sure how much of a role Rudkin has and what he actually does within the club.

The issue shaky might have with adding back room staff is that it'll likely be a 6 month appointment,so they(Phillips,Powell etc)

would leave a 2-3 year contract for a short term one,

and my concern is that whatever happens with shaky,the owners will want a more 'glamorous' name next season

32 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

The issue shaky might have with adding back room staff is that it'll likely be a 6 month appointment,so they(Phillips,Powell etc)

would leave a 2-3 year contract for a short term one,

and my concern is that whatever happens with shaky,the owners will want a more 'glamorous' name next season

They've (or at least Powell) has been sacked with the Wally... they are down the job centre tomorrow.

10 minutes ago, brucey said:

Great timing, Powell's just been sacked by Derby. Wonder who will get Rowett.

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You couldn't have had better timing, Powell and maybe Phillips to head back within the week?!

Rowett to Derby is a near certainty I would guess now ?  He would take his own Coaching team with him - so yes, Powell and Phillips would probably be available.  I would say Shakey would like both (he worked with them for some time) - but Powell would probably offer more than Phillips, not least, greater experience. 

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I'm interested in Tuesday night specifically. 

I dont believe Craig has any experience in two legged ties with away goals counting at the end of 90 mins. This was actually something Claudio really understood! 

Maybe we can ask someone like sir Alex to help us out - he can be smuggled into the KP in a laundry basket. Cant afford Craig to have a moment like Claudio did at milwall when molla went off! 

would be awful if we ended up going out on Tuesday evening due to shakes showing some inexperience late in the game. 

Are you being serious?

You think he won't know the requirements and permutations? I really have heard it all now!

Think managers may be a bit loathe to go to Derby now that they have got a bit of a reputation for a trigger-happy owner and player power?

Phillips is still at Derby, he hasn't been sacked. But Powell has, so gerrimin!

the Club may discuss the availability of Powell and Phillips but I doubt there will be any additions until the end of season. Basically to see how Shaky continues in the job. If successful I'm sure he'll get to choose his own staff. If not and a new Manager is coming in then He'll bring in his own people.

Guest CityFan 06

It's important not to under estimate Mike Stowell, he's been at the club for years and is so important in many aspects from knowing the players to working with the goalkeepers. I think Stowell will almost certainly stay under Shakespeare if he gets the job long term too.

1 hour ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Bring back Powell!

Never forget that Scunthorpe game when he ran down the touchline to celebrate with the players... think he hugged the linesman too, what a guy.

Fully agree with that.  Got to be a good chance, I would think.

I don't think Powell, Phillips or Idiakez would be sentimental to be honest. They were basically all brought in as coaches or players to become coaches. They're the three I'd look at, the latter in-particular had a great reputation.

Archived