Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filthyfox

lied to by Politicians

1 minute ago, filthyfox said:

1) 50m pounds per day extra for the NHS if we leave Eu rope

2) We will not raise income tax, VAT or National Insurance during this parliament.

LIARS 

surely you didn't need Brexit to know that politicians lie out of their arses?

The NI thing, fair enough, but nobody promised anything about £50million a day to the NHS as they were not the govt and had no power to promise anything and we haven't left yet so the money isn't there to give yet anyway.

1 minute ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

No shit, Brexit campaign was based on lies and fuelling xenophobia and was a massive mistake. If we voted again you get a 60-40 majority for Remain if not higher

Yeah sure.

Just now, Sharpe's Fox said:

If you believed the £350m to the NHS thing you're a complete mug. 

Trouble is unless they're held to account for their bullshit they'll never stop. 

Yet advertising standards seemingly doesn't apply to political campaigns.

32 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

1) 50m pounds per day extra for the NHS if we leave Eu rope

2) We will not raise income tax, VAT or National Insurance during this parliament.

LIARS 

I can see you're ITK

10 minutes ago, Emilio Lestavez said:

Trouble is unless they're held to account for their bullshit they'll never stop. 

Yet advertising standards seemingly doesn't apply to political campaigns.

I voted Leave and it was clear as day what they were doing. Basically saying "this thing you should vote for frees up this amount of money and this is an example of something we can spend it on" it's not really rocket science. It wasn't a lie and it wasn't a promise.

Until we get compulsory lie detector tests for politicians when they are in parliament and on question time they will continue to push the boundaries of what is the truth and what people will believe

Just now, foxy boxing said:

Until we get compulsory lie detector tests for politicians when they are in parliament and on question time they will continue to push the boundaries of what is the truth and what people will believe

lol

Compulsory lie detectors! 

Just now, Sharpe's Fox said:

I voted Leave and it was clear as day what they we're doing. Basically saying "this thing you should vote for frees up this amount of money and this is an example of something we can spend it on" it's not really rocket science. It wasn't a lie and it wasn't a promise.

Apparently it wasn't clear as day though or we woudln't have the OP...

If only we had people pointing out how obviously bullshit it all was at the time, I bet their views would have been calmly taken in and they wouldn't have been sneered at for being pretentious and out of touch by people who clearly had no grasp of the issues.

3 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

If only we had people pointing out how obviously bullshit it all was at the time, I bet their views would have been calmly taken in and they wouldn't have been sneered at for being pretentious and out of touch by people who clearly had no grasp of the issues.

David Cameron or George Osbourne could have come straight out and said my government won't spend any recouped money  on an increased NHS budget. That would have put an end to it. Instead the two were too scared of blue on blue debate or being seen as anti-NHS so they never did.

Frankly I don't care what campaign tactics were used because the right decision was made. Thankfully everyone's vote has its value again.

6 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

David Cameron or George Osbourne could have come straight out and said my government won't spend any recouped money  on an increased NHS budget. That would have put an end to it. Instead the two were too scared of blue on blue debate or being seen as anti-NHS so they never did.

Frankly I don't care what campaign tactics were used because the right decision was made. Thankfully everyone's vote has its value again.

That's a pretty dangerous line to cross when you're talking about any decisions less important than ones that affect all of humanity (such as environmental/energy policy).

NB. If I had a pound for every time a politician lied, I'd have enough to be able to buy all of their influence Koch-style.

12 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Things are targeted at people of average intelligence, we cant go dumbing everything down for these ****wits. If we do, I'll start looking forwards to my Alzheimer's.

4 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

That's a pretty dangerous line to cross when you're talking about any decisions less important than ones that affect all of humanity (such as environmental/energy policy).

NB. If I had a pound for every time a politician lied, I'd have enough to be able to buy all of their influence Koch-style.

If politicians have been found to have lied they can be voted out. That's the great thing about democracy, and the great thing about leaving the EU is that we have our parliamentary democracy back.

11 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

There's little point in pretending everybody voted in a particular way because of leaving the EU and that alone though. We all know that this binary option was interpreted and voted on for different reasons.

The curve of bananas as one example 

12 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

I'm glad you can see the future and know what happens after all the uncertainty of the next few years passes.  And to think all we needed to reach utopia was the most dishonest political campaign in British politics since the Blair years.

1 minute ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

If politicians have been found to have lied they can be voted out. That's the great thing about democracy, and the great thing about leaving the EU is that we have our parliamentary democracy back.

Oh ok you're on the troll, I should've known :D 

6 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Things are targeted at people of average intelligence, we cant go dumbing everything down for these ****wits. If we do, I'll start looking forwards to my Alzheimer's.

I dunno, once we lose the foreign nurses and doctors propping our national healthcare system up you may not live long enough to develop it... :whistle:

7 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

I disagree that it was ever lost, and I definitely disagree that the ends justify the means outside a couple of very, very select areas (spaceflight, environmental regulations and extreme methods should Sam Allardyce be sighted within five miles of the KP in the next year), but so it goes.

12 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Oh ok you're on the troll, I should've known :D 

I could make a long Alf-style post that you seem so fond of but I've found that the majestic Tony Benn expains the issue infinitely better than I ever could, if you have the time:

If you feel that the power of your vote is something easy to dismiss as "trolling" in the wake of your misplaced faith in globalism thats up to you. However I'll remind you that the vote is something your ancestors probably fought and died for in a variety of social movements, from the civil war to the trade union movement to the suffragettes. It's something I take quite seriously.

46 minutes ago, Matt said:

Congratulations on this discovery.

In other news water is wet.

I think you will find though if we vote again on this issue more than 50% will vote that water is indeed DRY ! ...    so there ....   

Archived