Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Carl the Llama

Refreshing the page

When browsing the forum using my PC, any time I try to refresh one of the forums to see if any of its threads has new posts, the browser always scrolls down to the bottom of the page after it's done refreshing.  It doesn't happen on my android device.  Is anybody else having a similar problem?

It's not forum-breaking but it is a bit annoying when the page has refreshed enough to show that a thread has new posts but when you go to click on it to read them suddenly you're down the bottom of the page clicking on an entirely different thread :sweating:

Just figured out that it was being caused by rogue #s at the end of the page urls.  Looks like Mark's a step ahead of me though because now none of the new tabs I open on here have the hash sign anymore. That was quick, thanks :D 

On 09/03/2017 at 13:35, Mark said:

What browser you using? I don't get a # at the end of the url

It happens when I'm using chrome.  Specifically when I get a notification and I ctrl-click the link in the notifications menu thingy to open the response in a new tab so I can continue to use the original tab, for instance if I open the new tab from the general chat screen then later refresh gen chat to see if anything new's been said, that's what seems to trigger it.

Archived