Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beliall

GRAN TURISMO SPORT

With the Closed Beta coming on the 17th, thought I would make this thread. I cannot wait.. GT is one of my all time favorite series and a Playstation classic.

Gran Turismo Sport announces closed beta

Be the first to take to the tracks in Polyphony Digital’s upcoming PS4 racing sim

Hello GT fans! We are extremely excited at Polyphony to announce the Gran Turismo Sport closed beta. Beta participants will get a sneak peek at how the Gran Turismo will pave the future of racing, competing in highly competitive races against other users across the country, and eventually, across the globe.

Participants will be able to choose from a select rotation of cars and tracks each day to race online against others during the beta phases. Track and car selections will vary during this period, and we made sure to offer different race class categories and course configurations to properly test our GT fans!

TITLE

This will also be the first time users will see how the Driver Profile is integrated within GT Sport. The introduction of Sportsmanship Rating (tracks a player’s behavior and manners on-track) and Driver Rating (represents the overall speed of the player and how well they perform in races) will ensure those that race online will be equally matched, naturally creating a balanced group of competitive drivers for every race.

TITLE

The initial phase of the closed beta, starting on 17 March, will only be open to selected US PSN IDs. After this initial phase, the beta will be opened to European players.

As with most beta programs, in order for the development team to capture data in an optimal manner, the sample size needs to be increased gradually and in stages. While we begin to roll out the beta, we have decided that the time differences across the U.S. are best matched to the development team in Tokyo.

During the initial phase, our servers will be open for users during specific times across the day. We will share these times closer to the beta launch across our social channels and GT.com.

I hope to see some FT'ers on the track with me when it's released or in beta. Sign up HERE to apply for access if you are not already a Beta tester.

:riyad:

13 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Forza > GT for literally a decade. Hopefully this is a return to form though.

I would partly agree with that, but I always felt Forza had a more arcady feel, GT feels more authentic

Just now, matty98 said:

Each to their own, i did really enjoy forza 2 and 3, wasn't a fan of horizon and haven't bought one since.

Just talking generally really more than a personal opinion. I've barely played gt since 4, but there have been issues with GT not quite having the depth in terms of handling between cars which has seen a lot of the harder racing sim fans stick with forza when 5,6 we're released and forza generally being much better critically received. Horizon is a bit of a different game really, having just bought a one and playing forza 5 (which is very poor relatively speaking on a side note) and horizon 2 at the same time you notice how arcadey horizon is in comparison.

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Forza is Arcady as the settings you select yourself mate tbh. GT forces realism on you a lot more for sure.

I know , Assists off all the way, I have never played forza with a wheel though. So I guess I can't compare them fairly 

6 minutes ago, Beliall said:

I know , Assists off all the way, I have never played forza with a wheel though. So I guess I can't compare them fairly 

You'd need a killer setup to get the most out of forza really. Everything off you'd struggle without full wheel pedals gear stick pedals. Clutch on with a joy pad just impossible 

Just now, Manwell Pablo said:

You'd need a killer setup to get the most out of forza really. Everything off you'd struggle without full wheel pedals gear stick pedals. Clutch on with a joy pad just impossible 

Well, everything except clutch lol 

• 5 weeks later...