Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mahrez555

Shakespeare new manager

5 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Any word on any additional coaching staff? We're down a first team coach and a gk coach.

Mike Stowell is, I think, doing this as well as assisting Shakespeare on match days.

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

Any word on any additional coaching staff? We're down a first team coach and a gk coach.

I want Chris Powell because it rhymes with Stowell and there would be a good song in it...

1 minute ago, Vacamion said:

I want Chris Powell because it rhymes with Stowell and there would be a good song in it...

...produced by Simon Cowell...

5 minutes ago, Royston. said:

when does shakespeares current contract (as assistant manager) expire?

does an assistant have a different contract length to the manager?

Didn't he put pen to paper on a new 3 year deal at the same time as Walsh back in April? The manager and assistant are usually in the same package and contract length but not sure if this changed when all the new deals were signed.

Not sure if anyone has already said this cuz I can't be arsed to check but I'm curious to see how the players react to Shakey's appointment. Hope they keep up the intensity and desire shown in recent games and don't get lazy because they've effectively got what they wanted. 

Still think giving him the gig until the end of the season is exactly the right decision btw, even if it's not a popular one.

28 minutes ago, Royston. said:

when does shakespeares current contract (as assistant manager) expire?

does an assistant have a different contract length to the manager?

I'm sure I saw in an article that he had 18 months to run on the assistant manager contract that he signed in the summer

Nothing is more Leicester than announcing on a sleepy Sunday afternoon, during a Premier League game, whilst the PR/Social team was probably trying to have some time off.... resulting in a stock photo and some thrown together quotes lollol 

3 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

Any man that Pearson hired as his number two is number one my book. Make it yours Craig please, because there is no going back.

Thats just it Boosy ...  we may have lost the best assistant manger we ever had.     

And according to a derby fan at the time they originally lost mclaren to man u as coach, he is (was?) an excellent coach. Could it be worth a punt a la cotterill when pearson was here.

As long as shakey doesnt let him have an opinion and he just coached according to the managers instructions it could be a good team.

Just the inevitable links with him for a few years afterwards, and possible caretaker manager stints.

Tldr: shakey as manager, powell as assistant, mclaren as coach and we might as well see if philips can find a striker somewhere in musa.

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Thats just it Boosy ...  we may have lost the best assistant manger we ever had.     

Everyone keeps going on about this but the chances are he'd have had to have left regardless if another new manager came in and wanted to bring his own backroom team. 

5 hours ago, the fox said:

I saw the nickname shaky more than once here.

Think we are stuck with this. Birch constantly called him Shaky when doing his Thursday night boot room.

Shakespeares nickname was The Bard! (The Poet). Man utd has the special one.... we have "The Poet!" 

8 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Shakespeare will not be a yes man, comes across to me as that cool PE teacher at school that everyone likes and respects. Would he dare to bring in someone like Chris Powell in from Derby as his assistant. 

Powell could well be next on his shopping list after McLaren's surprise second sacking from there yesterday!

Archived