Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OriginalRobboFOX

Poorly fan??

5 minutes ago, OriginalRobboFOX said:

Can anyone shed any light on the welfare of the fan that took ill just after half time, saw chest compressions and all sorts. Hope all is ok?? 

Just thinking why were they not using a defibrillator

Didn't look good but assume they got his/her heart going as they took them out of the ground hooked to a drip after doing a lot of work. Felt a bit odd, that happening in front of us with all that was happening on the pitch too. Hope they pull through,

Just now, lestajigs said:

They did bring the defib out. Didn't see them using it but then I didn't really want to stare. Assume they must have done.

I sit a row back from where it happened, it seems he was on the way to the doctor complaining of pain in the arm/chest and just dropped.

They worked on him for a fair while but a steward told us they'd got him breathing on his own again and he was on the way to hospital.

I hope he pulls through.

Plus credit to the two fans who jumped straight over to help one of which looked like a off duty doctor and another women who seemed pretty experienced in cpr

7 hours ago, the3vo said:

I sit a row back from where it happened, it seems he was on the way to the doctor complaining of pain in the arm/chest and just dropped.

They worked on him for a fair while but a steward told us they'd got him breathing on his own again and he was on the way to hospital.

I hope he pulls through.

Plus credit to the two fans who jumped straight over to help one of which looked like a off duty doctor and another women who seemed pretty experienced in cpr

Massive hats off to those off duty docs/nurses absolutely amazing 

10 hours ago, LJS said:

They did bring the defib out. Didn't see them using it but then I didn't really want to stare. Assume they must have done.

10 hours ago, lestajigs said:

9 hours ago, Craig said:

It seemed to be ages before they ran the defibrillator over. Incredible really in such an environment. 

Fingers crossed he pulled through. Looked horrible.

Depends what was wrong, Defibs are used to rectify certain types of dysrhymthia they aren't a magic cure for all heart problems, in fact if it's used incorrectly it's quite dangerous. So at least establishing weather or not it is appropriate would explain any delay or whether it was not used at all. 

Hoping he/she pulled through.

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Depends what was wrong, Defibs are used to rectify certain types of dysrhymthia they aren't a magic cure for all heart problems, in fact if it's used incorrectly it's quite dangerous. So at least establishing weather or not it is appropriate would explain any delay or whether it was not used at all. 

Having had defibrillators training- they are FANTASTIC pieces of kit. They won't even work unless they are needed, and actually talk you through what you need to do. If his heart was beating, the defibrillators would not shock, but would monitor the heart rate. That is why, whenever anyone complains of chest pains, ALWAYS go for the nearest defib as a matter of course.

2 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

Having had defibrillators training- they are FANTASTIC pieces of kit. They won't even work unless they are needed, and actually talk you through what you need to do. If his heart was beating, the defibrillators would not shock, but would monitor the heart rate. That is why, whenever anyone complains of chest pains, ALWAYS go for the nearest defib as a matter of course.

They would only shock if someone's heart beat was in a certain type of rhythem suggesting a potential cardiac arrest wouldn't they? To get it back into rythem? You don't shock someone who has flat lined it is pointless it wont do anything. That's my understanding anyway. Contrary to most TV shows I know lol 

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Yes but people are trained there to use it, and. If they were doing Chest compressions anyway I think is only about under 10% chance of starting up the heart, we're the defibrillator is nearer 50%

6 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

Yes but people are trained there to use it, and. If they were doing Chest compressions anyway I think is only about under 10% chance of starting up the heart, we're the defibrillator is nearer 50%

As I said, I'm pretty sure you don't use a defib on someone who has flat lined as it's pointless, it's used to correct irregular heart beats that lead to cardiac arrest not restart a heart that has stopped.

I'm essentially saying lets not be questioning the staff at the grounds efforts in treating the person as we know nothing about the individuals symptoms, I'm sure they were doing all they could. 

Archived