Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

West Ham.. Saturday, .. Thoughts?

There should be a bit of rotation, they can't play at that intensity every single game.

Give Ulloa, King, Chilwell etc a look in.

I think we'll lose, but it won't be the end of the world, even if posts in here suggest that it is.

1 minute ago, Vacamion said:

There should be a bit of rotation, they can't play at that intensity every single game.

Give Ulloa, King, Chilwell etc a look in.

I think we'll lose, but it won't be the end of the world, even if posts in here suggest that it is.

They did for most of last year. Play them all again on Saturday, change it during the game if required, not before.

No footballer feels tired when you are winning.

No extra time, played on a Tuesday, these guys are super fit, shouldn't be a problem.

West Ham will definitely have a go and we will come under plenty of pressure. But with the defence playing with more suthority, the team suddenly scoring goals, hopeful of repeating last years 2-1 win. 

He won't make changes but I wouldn't mind seeing Slim and Gray play if some players are not 100%. They put in a crazy amount of effort last night. 

Anyone see that Vardy has played as a number 10 when Slim has been on the pitch? It was the other way around with Ranieri and maybe that is something Shakespeare didn't agree with (and rightfully so imo).

Our away form has been abysmal and last nights game is likely to have taken it's toll both physically and mentally. However, everyone at the club will be on a real high and even if we rotate, you'd think that the players coming in will be eager to show what they can do. 

Hopefully we see another performance like the last 3 games. We could still lose, but if we match the intensity I'll be happy and I think ultimately it will keep us in the division. 

30 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

He won't make changes but I wouldn't mind seeing Slim and Gray play if some players are not 100%. They put in a crazy amount of effort last night. 

Anyone see that Vardy has played as a number 10 when Slim has been on the pitch? It was the other way around with Ranieri and maybe that is something Shakespeare didn't agree with (and rightfully so imo).

Saw that too. Thought it was weird as you'd expect Slim to be deeper for flick ons, but I guess we wanted Vardy to do the harrying of the defence that Shinji does in that role?

Tiredness is as much mental as physical which is why it's important to balance rest periods. But make no mistake, no-one who played last night will want to be dropped from Saturday's team. When you're winning you don't want to stop.

So today will doubtless be a rest day - for body, mind and to get over any knocks that will have stiffened up overnight. Come Thursday and it will be all about getting fully focused on the game plan for West Ham and the tactics and attitudes needed to maintain our momentum.

It'll be frustrating for the fringe players because, like last season, week-in, week out, there will likely be no vacancies. But those fringe guys will understand that. What they wouldn't have understood in Ranieri days was being on the sidelines when the team and individuals in their position weren't playing well, weren't scoring goals, weren't preventing goals, weren't having shots and weren't winning points.

It makes for a bad atmosphere all round and for all sorts of reasons that get ever more challenging the longer the problems persist, 

Shakespeare's got a kind of managerial utopia right now. A team he trusts that's scoring goals, winning games and full of the confidence that comes with knowing exactly what the game plan is and believing in the ability of team-mates around them to carry it out...as he does.

what the clever fringe player will be doing is keeping super fit, working on weaknesses, listening to the battle plans and being quietly determined to fit in and compliment those plans the moment they get the opportunity. It might not come for weeks but when a chance does arise it needs to be taken.

But, believe me, once you're in a team like ours - a team that's shown itself capable of taking on anyone - you don't want to lose your place. All sportsmen have the same problem of being drained by the game or tournament they've just played but needing to rest, recover and refocus in time for the next one. It's the ones who aren't drained you need to feel sorry for - and who really have the problems.    

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

Yeah I don't think Slimani can play number 10.

In the long term neither can Vardy really, but for now he's useful in that position because he gives us the same workrate & intensity as Shinji.

Next season hopefully Vardy/Slimani will be competing at CF and neither are required to play number 10.

Archived