Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Nasri's not happy.

Oh no:

Samir Nasri tells Jamie Vardy to ‘play the game like a man’ after red card

Stuart James

Wednesday 15 March 2017 22.30 GMT

5244.jpg?w=300&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f Samir Nasri said Jamie Vardy should ‘play the game like a man’ after their altercation at the King Power Stadium. Photograph: Laurence Griffiths/Getty Images

Samir Nasri has branded Jamie Vardy a cheat and accused the Leicester City striker of getting him sent off by playacting during the second half of Sevilla’s Champions League last-16 defeat at the King Power Stadium on Tuesday night.

Sevilla were trailing 2-0 and Nasri was on a booking when he squared up to Vardy, who stumbled backwards after the two went forehead to forehead, with the Frenchman later claiming that he made no contact with the England international. “He didn’t say anything but he played it well,” Nasri said.

“We went face to face and then he fell on the floor [in fact he stayed on his feet]. I thought the English player was tougher than that. He was the one who came to my face.”

Both players were shown yellow cards by Daniele Orsato, the Italian referee, resulting in Nasri being dismissed and forcing Sevilla to play the final 15 minutes with 10 men on a night when Leicester won 3-2 on aggregate to secure their place in the Champions League quarter-finals.

Nasri was incensed at the time of his sending-off and took an age to leave the pitch as he tried to confront Vardy, who has strongly denied the allegation that he cheated. Players from both teams intervened to restrain the former Arsenal midfielder, who could face an additional one-match ban from Uefa for his response to the red card.

Nasri, however, pointed the finger of blame at Vardy for the flashpoint. “For me, he is a cheat,” Nasri said. “Because if he was a foreign player, you, the English press, would say he is a cheat. They were winning 2-0; play the game like a man. Win it. You are not better than us but you are winning 2-0, you will qualify [for the quarter-finals], just play the game. You have quality, you are an international player, you don’t need to do that.”

Responding to Nasri’s comments, Vardy said: “I’m not a cheat and I never have been. That’s all I’ve got to say on the matter.” A Leicester spokesman said: “The club refutes entirely any allegation that questions the professional integrity of Jamie or any of its players.”

Tensions were still running high after the final whistle and it is understood that Nasri waited for Vardy in the tunnel. There was no conversation between the two of them but Nasri made it clear that he would like to have told Vardy what he thought about what happened. “I would love to speak to him but, you know, too many cameras, too many security [people], and I have to think about next year and not getting a big suspension,” he said.

Nasri, who is on a season’s loan from Manchester City, did accept that he reacted initially. “I think it was a foul or something. Then he pushed me and I said: ‘What are you doing?’ Then he came in my face. That’s what happened. I did [react] but I didn’t touch him, I didn’t do anything with my head.” Asked whether he thought Vardy dived, Nasri replied: “You don’t think so? Look at the image. Yes he did it, but he did it well. I should have thought about it before and been smarter. If I tell the truth I think you won’t be able to write it.”

Steven Gerrard, who was covering the game as a pundit for BT Sport, described Nasri’s actions as “stupid and amateur for a player of his experience”, mindful of the fact that the 29-year-old was walking a tightrope because of his earlier caution. Nasri did acknowledge that he should have handled things better.

“I was surprised but, like I said, I should have thought about it and not reacted. But come on, man, I am losing, I see the whole thing, coming out of the Champions League, which is a big blow for us. It was just a reaction.”

He must have missed that bit where he actually headbutted Vardy. :wave:

Vardy did pretend there was contact, to get a fellow professional send off it's sad to see to be honest. If it was the other way round we would  be going balastic!

He also dives for freekicks and penalty's and hooks his leg around defenders to engineer contact.

However....

All the honesty and integrity left the sport years ago. Jamie Vardy is just a product of the modern game its a win at all costs, multi billion pound industry.

As sad as it is to see i would rather our players were good at the seedier side of the game and i hope we continue to manipulate the refs to our advantage than watch our opposition do it to our disadvantage!

Nasri crying into his paella. **** off you pathetic little cvnt. If we look back through Nasri's career highlight reels are we going to see 100% clean play, no cheating, no diving? Like **** are we. Hypocritical cvnt. 

He has nobody else to blame. If he was a half decent professional his forehead wouldn't have been anywhere near Vardy's in the first place. 

What a total bell-piece.

"play the game like a man"

So says Nasri who gets his girlfriend to fight his battles, like the one he had against Didier Deschamps. The man's a fat  cvnt who tried his best to provoke Vardy after the red card and then had a few words with Stowell as he left.

Vardy is ours, he can do what the bloody hell he likes, at least he didnt flop to the floor clutching at his face and

rolling around...cos thats what foreigners do...innit!!!   Vards just hasnt perfected it yet...:whistle:

To be fair Sevilla players, were quite well behaved, no ott moaning or diving. Nasri spoilt it for them...

35 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Vardy did pretend there was contact, to get a fellow professional send off it's sad to see to be honest. If it was the other way round we would  be going balastic!

He also dives for freekicks and penalty's and hooks his leg around defenders to engineer contact.

However....

All the honesty and integrity left the sport years ago. Jamie Vardy is just a product of the modern game its a win at all costs, multi billion pound industry.

As sad as it is to see i would rather our players were good at the seedier side of the game and i hope we continue to manipulate the refs to our advantage than watch our opposition do it to our disadvantage!

If Vardy goes in head to head with someone when he's on a booking i'm going ballistic at him for being such an idiot

2 minutes ago, Goober said:

If Vardy goes in head to head with someone when he's on a booking i'm going ballistic at him for being such an idiot

Yes Nasri was stupid to do it i never said he wasn't but if Nasri had pushed vardy put his head into his then flung himself backwards when vardy reciprocated people would be pretty irate on here. 

5 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Yes Nasri was stupid to do it i never said he wasn't but if Nasri had pushed vardy put his head into his then flung himself backwards when vardy reciprocated people would be pretty irate on here. 

Absolutely, but that's football. People keep forgetting they both just got a booking.

The ref had one of three choices:

1. Do nothing, just a word etc.

2. Give them both a yellow.

3. Send them both off.

It was just unfortunate for Sevilla that the ref chose the option which punished them, more than it did us.

It's gamesmanship. Not cheating.

Vards has been manipulating the rules for years (manufacturing contact for penalties sometimes). He and Dele Alli are about the only two English players who are any good at it.

It's fine by me, it's about time us English copped on. Bayern, Barca, Madrid, Atletico have been doing it for years and years (in fact it goes back decades, look at Souness kicking the shit out of everyone in his day).

It's no coincidence that the above are world class teams.

It's all about winning. 

Archived