Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TiffToff88

The Foxestalk World Cup of Food - Round of 16

Which do you prefer?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Sushi (Japan) vs Meat Pie (Australia)

2. 2. Moussaka (Greece) Vs Sauerkraut (Germany)

3. 3. Burrito (Mexico) Vs Goulash (Hungary)

4. 4. Tandoori Chicken (India) Vs Pasta (Italy)

There seem to be a lot of food lovers on here, so i've decided to put together a little poll to see which country has the best National Dish. Using a gourmet food website to choose the dishes (I've gone for the most well known National dishes on the list) and a random number generator to create the matches, here we go:

Round of 16:

Sushi (Japan) vs Meat Pie (Australia)

Moussaka (Greece) Vs Sauerkraut (Germany)

Burrito (Mexico) Vs Goulash (Hungary)

Tandoori Chicken (India) Vs Pasta (Italy)

Paella (Spain) Vs Peking Duck (China)

Pavlova (New Zealand) Vs Tagine (Morocco)

Jerk Chicken (Jamaica) Vs Doner Kebab (Turkey)

Fish & Chips (England/UK) Vs Swedish Meatballs (Sweden)

As there is a limit of 5 questions per poll, The ties will be split over 2 parts. Voting closes when i can be bothered to do the second half of fixtures. Probably in a few days i guess... - As you can probably tell, i had fun putting the idea together at first but quickly got bored. Lets see if it takes off!

4 minutes ago, Webbo said:

What's England's entry going to be?

1 hour ago, TiffToff88 said:

There seem to be a lot of food lovers on here, so i've decided to put together a little poll to see which country has the best National Dish. Using a gourmet food website to choose the dishes (I've gone for the most well known National dishes on the list) and a random number generator to create the matches, here we go:

Round of 16:

Sushi (Japan) vs Meat Pie (Australia)

Moussaka (Greece) Vs Sauerkraut (Germany)

Burrito (Mexico) Vs Goulash (Hungary)

Tandoori Chicken (India) Vs Pasta (Italy)

Paella (Spain) Vs Peking Duck (China)

Pavlova (New Zealand) Vs Tagine (Morocco)

Jerk Chicken (Jamaica) Vs Doner Kebab (Turkey)

Fish & Chips (England/UK) Vs Swedish Meatballs (Sweden)

As there is a limit of 5 questions per poll, The ties will be split over 2 parts. Voting closes when i can be bothered to do the second half of fixtures. Probably in a few days i guess... - As you can probably tell, i had fun putting the idea together at first but quickly got bored. Lets see if it takes off!

I went for Pie (never had and Australian one but can't be that different to a Pukka surely), Moussaka, Goulash (never had a Burrito but they look grim) and pasta. If you'd put an anglicised style Curry on there i probably would have went for that. Love talking about food, me.

1 hour ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

I went for Pie (never had and Australian one but can't be that different to a Pukka surely), Moussaka, Goulash (never had a Burrito but they look grim) and pasta. If you'd put an anglicised style Curry on there i probably would have went for that. Love talking about food, me.

Behave. Decent burritos are ace. Don't judge a burrito by that crap they sell at KFC. :thumbup:

Why does Germany only get to be represented by an accompaniment?  Hardly seems fair when Greece gets a main dish instead of, say, Tzatziki. Could've gone for a hamburger or a bratwurst but no, you went with some gross bitter cabbage that everyone leaves on the edge of their plate.  I call shenanigans.

And why is Italy's dish just "pasta"?  Might as well have put "Egypt: Bread" lol  (Likewise for sushi)

I will not participate in this charade until there has been a thorough independent investigation into the participant entry process.

12 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Why does Germany only get to be represented by an accompaniment?  Hardly seems fair when Greece gets a main dish instead of, say, Tzatziki. Could've gone for a hamburger or a bratwurst but no, you went with some gross bitter cabbage that everyone leaves on the edge of their plate.  I call shenanigans.

And why is Italy's dish just "pasta"?  Might as well have put "Egypt: Bread" lol  (Likewise for sushi)

I will not participate in this charade until there has been a thorough independent investigation into the participant entry process.

The dishes were selected as they were listed on the first dodgy website that came up when i googled "National Dishes". 

All complaints to be directed towards www.thegutsygourmet.net

Stop complaining and leave me in peace to eat my hearty bowl of sauerkraut! 

Archived