Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
boots60

Sir Ray Davies

I used to sing this to myself when I was waiting for my girlfriend at that time she was always late and probably a major reason we went our separate ways.

I'm so tired
Tired of waiting
Tired of waiting for you

I was a lonely soul
I had nobody till I met you
But you keep-a me waiting
All of the time
What can I do?

It's your life
And you can do what you want
Do what you like
But please don't keep-a me waiting
Please don't keep-a me waiting

'Cause I'm so tired
Tired of waiting
Tired of waiting for you

Legend. I had the pleasure of seeing him live and getting his autograph a couple of years ago (something I would never usually bother getting). One of the best songwriters of all time and has never got the credit he deserved most probably because of being banned by America. The Kinks should be up there with the Beatles and Stones but I think even The Who would outsell them gigwise if they ever got back together.

I went to see Sunny Afternoon at the theatre for the second time a couple of weeks ago. I'd advise anyone to go and see it. Wonderful music for 3 hours.

He has a new album out soon which sounds good.

Guest MattP

When I'm walking and got the Ipod on shuffle I don't think I've ever flicked past a Kinks song, favourite songs in no order are Lola, I'm Not Like Everybody Else, Sunny Afternoon, Apeman, Waterloo Sunset and You Really Got Me.

Even some of the later stuff like Don't forget to Dance was great.

Well deserved Ray, legend.

• 1 month later...

Archived