Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BirminghamFox

Dubai Club

Think the Leicester supporters group in Dubai will consist of you and me then..... :)   And I may be back home for the 1st leg

I've met 1 other Leicester fan in Dubai in the last 11 years and that was at a Pakistan vs England cricket match.

Having said that everyone was cheering for us against Sevilla so we seem to be picking up some support for the champions league matches

Edited by desertfox2
Dxb foxes

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Any Dubai foxes?

I've been in my new job (Leicester based) since the start of December, but they're sending me out to the Dubai office at the end of the month for a week or 2. Just wondering if/where any city games will be shown live? Flying out on the 24th so i'll be in the air for the Stoke game :(

• 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...
On 22/09/2018 at 14:59, Lesta said:

Any Foxes still in Dubai?

I’m a Leicester lad currently working in Dubai and wondering if there are any other Foxes around?

Long time resident of Dubai, nowadays I'm in and out of there quite a lot.
Would be great to meet any like minded fans for a pint on match day.

14 minutes ago, deanoo said:

Long time resident of Dubai, nowadays I'm in and out of there quite a lot.
Would be great to meet any like minded fans for a pint on match day.

Is that a high risk pastime? Is it still alcohol in Hotels only out there?

8 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Is that a high risk pastime? Is it still alcohol in Hotels only out there?

Don't believe all that you read in the Daily Mail, long as you keep yourself out of trouble, then you won't get any.
The people that you read about have inevitably done something stupid. People are tolerant but if pushed too far, then there will be a reaction.
Much the same as anywhere.

The problem with us English, is that we take 'all you can drink' as a challenge..

Edited to add: 
Most of the licensing for bars is still around hotels a lot of those which are sprawling in a wide area, much like a resort. For example several English or Irish pubs have their own dedicated entrance, at the side of a hotel. There are also licenses for alcohol at various sporting facilities as well. Probably more licensed establishments than the average city.

Edited by deanoo

• 5 months later...
Just now, TiffToff88 said:

Barasti Beach is a brilliant setting for watching live football

Just looked at that. 

Looks really good thanks.

Would it be a problem with the late KO time and them closing @ 1.30 AM?

I'm hoping they wouldn't close on the dot and miss the last 5 mins of the game or even Pens?

2 minutes ago, Bakey said:

Just looked at that. 

Looks really good thanks.

Would it be a problem with the late KO time and them closing @ 1.30 AM?

I'm hoping they wouldn't close on the dot and miss the last 5 mins of the game or even Pens?

As far as i'm aware, if there's a game on, they stay open. They advertise that they show every single Premier League game regardless of kick off time (I'd imagine cup games are also show too, particularly at the semi final stage)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

As far as i'm aware, if there's a game on, they stay open. They advertise that they show every single Premier League game regardless of kick off time (I'd imagine cup games are also show too, particularly at the semi final stage)

Ahh good stuff, cheers for that :thumbup:

1 hour ago, TiffToff88 said:

I recommend their seafood pizza too. Usually I'm not a fan of fish on a pizza but theirs is fantastic!

I'll try it mate deffo! 

Just checked the location and its a 20 minute walk from where we're staying as well! 

• Like 1