Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Germany v England - Weds 22nd, 19:45

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

What the **** is Lingard doing in the England squad?

He's properly shit. It's disgraceful that he's in the side ahead of players like Albrighton.

I dont think you can call him properly shit. Hes tricky, has an eye for goal, does decently in the appearances he makes for united.

Hes not top quality but better than properly shit. Probably better than Albrighton, not that they play similar roles though really.

2 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

I like Cahill, but that defending or lack of was simply disgraceful!

No attempt to close down and turned his back, shameful. 

Hoddle  said Cahill didn't shirk away too much just as a close up replay

shows Cahill shirking away.

England have played some lovely stuff tonight but at the end of the day they haven't really tested Ter Stegen in the second half. Lots of impressive build up play but sometimes a bit too much, they always seem to take one touch too many and allow the Germans to regroup. I think a direct game with with quick, first time balls would have tested Germany even more. I'm obviously massively biased but England could do worse than play the Leicester way. Encouraging signs though.

One day we are going to see an England team with Kane, Lingard and Keane in it, and have a moment of depressing realisation that a large chunk on the England team is made up of players we had on loan in the Championship and weren't up to the job.

(Harsh on Keane, I quite liked him)

Just now, Tuna said:

They've done a soundtrack to Podolski being subbed!

The whole match was a lap of honour, but the music topped it off.

We should do the same when Shinji next comes off after 65 minutes.

I suppose it has been a decent performance and the result doesnt matter.

We usually manage a big friendly win each qualifying campaign to convince everyone weve found the master tactic and formation.

Im sure itll come at some point.

22 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

What the **** is Lingard doing in the England squad?

He's properly shit. It's disgraceful that he's in the side ahead of players like Albrighton.

Haha I'm Albrighton's biggest fan i could probably make a case for him being one of our best ever signings but you need to lay off the crack pipe if you think he should be getting in ahead Lingard.

Missed two simple one on ones, better tonite than when it really matters, but shows that lack of real class on the team.

Nobody wanted to get injured last 20, so game just fizzled out. Basically Podolski testimonial game. 

Sad to say, but Rooney is still better than any of the midfield on display tonite. 

1 minute ago, The whole world smiles said:

Haha I'm Albrighton's biggest fan i could probably make a case for him being one of our best ever signings but you need to lay off the crack pipe if you think he should be getting in ahead Lingard.

Neither should really be in the squad but if it's between the two then it's Albrighton everytime.

You're mental if you think Lingard is anything but complete dribble.

He'll never get in the England squad when United bin him in the summer.

Wow people really don't like England, I thought we played well and we've continued to show improvement under Southgate, fine we didn't win even though we should have but it was an experimental friendly. We only lost because Poldi twatted the ball in on his testimonial, don't cry about it because it's one ****ing game.

Just now, Wookie said:

Wow people really don't like England, I thought we played well and we've continued to show improvement under Southgate, fine we didn't win even though we should have but it wasn't an experimental friendly. We only lost because Poldi twatted the ball in on his testimonial, don't cry about it because it's one ****ing game.

Totally agree.

We're a couple of smarter passes and calmer finishes from dicking Germany in their own back yard.

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Totally agree.

We're a couple of smarter passes and calmer finishes from dicking Germany in their own back yard.

Yeah, and I know who'll actually go further in a major tournament. I'm surprised we didn't win, Germany usually roll over friendlies.

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Totally agree.

We're a couple of smarter passes and calmer finishes from dicking Germany in their own back yard.

Which wouldnt have meant jack shit anyway because when the tournament comes around Germany are going a long way and were struggling to beat iceland and costa rica.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Yeah, and I know who'll actually go further in a major tournament. I'm surprised we didn't win, Germany usually roll over friendlies.

Just now, Donut said:

Which wouldnt have meant jack shit anyway because when the tournament comes around Germany are going a long way and were struggling to beat iceland and costa rica.

FoxesTalk's resident optimists at it again.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

If id have known you were going to post the exact same thing id not have bothered.

Could just as easily say germany beat us in 1st gear.

6 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Totally agree.

We will dick malta in their back yard does that count?

Archived