Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Stoke (H) Pre Match Thread

A bit early perhaps.

Got to be the same team bar Wes back for Benny if he's fit. I'm not saying Benny hasn't earned the right to keep his place, but this is what I think Shakes will do.

Just need to keep marching onwards. International break should help us get our breath back after 2 energy sapping performances.

A couple more wins and we're almost there, but we cannot be complacent.

They have some quality and, awful cliche coming, will be very well organised but now we're back to Benny Hill chase speed mode we should be able to do them with our pace. A few weeks ago we would have been looking to pick our way through and grind them down and it would have been very tough but if we keep our high tempo and work-rate with the twelfth man at full volume we should have enough. 2-0, a rare humorous Shinji goal (are there any other types) and one from Vardy. 

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

How many do we have away on international duty?

Kapser

Morgan?

Chilwell

Mahrez

Ndidi

Vardy

Okazaki?

Musa

Gray

Anyone else? Hopefully feet up for a week for Huth, Simpson, Fuchs, Albrighton etc. ready for the final push.

Andy king

31 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Got to beat these. They're not that special, six points from the next two minimum. Crazy as it is, that'd probably be us done then. Reckon we'd be alright to actually enjoy the rest of the season.

:nigel::cap: :shakey:

And rest players v Everton and palace so we are fresh for Madrid,  unlike atletico who play real before our 1st leg on the saturday

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

How many do we have away on international duty?

Kapser

Morgan?

Chilwell

Mahrez

Ndidi

Vardy

Okazaki?

Musa

Gray

Anyone else? Hopefully feet up for a week for Huth, Simpson, Fuchs, Albrighton etc. ready for the final push.

Algeria don't have a friendly lined up this break so Mahrez and Slimani will be staying in England resting up.

I'll never know why they let Bojan go out on loan. He always puts in a performance against us, so it's great news that he's not there any more. Aside from that, I can imagine Jon Walters (whom I do actually rate), is the kind of striker that Wes and Huth probably enjoy playing against. Berahino is a bitch but is obviously a threat. Marco Arnautovic is the only one I'm worried about from their team.

2 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Anyone know if ShinShin will be travelling this break? Only person I think Shakespeare could change if he gets back late.

Good to hear Mahrez and Slim wont be going anywhere. 

本田、今野、高萩、長谷部らハリル日本代表25人

日本サッカー協会(JFA)は16日、都内で会見を開き、2018年ロシアW杯のアジア最終予選アウェーUAE戦(23日、アルアイン)とホームタイ戦(28日、埼玉)に臨む日本代表メンバー、25人を発表した。

【写真】ACミラン本田圭佑はジョーカー選出

バヒド・ハリルホジッチ監督、西野朗技術委員長らが出席した。

メンバーは以下の通り。

【GK】

西川周作(30=浦和)

川島永嗣(33=メッス)

林彰洋(29=東京)

【DF】

長友佑都(30=インテルミラノ)

酒井宏樹(26=マルセイユ)

酒井高徳(26=ハンブルガーSV)

槙野智章(29=浦和)