Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Stoke (H) Pre Match Thread

On 18/03/2017 at 22:53, Tuna said:

A bit early perhaps.

Got to be the same team bar Wes back for Benny if he's fit. I'm not saying Benny hasn't earned the right to keep his place, but this is what I think Shakes will do.

Just need to keep marching onwards. International break should help us get our breath back after 2 energy sapping performances.

A couple more wins and we're almost there, but we cannot be complacent.

Can't see anything but our usual first choice, barring injuries.

Benny's done himself a big favour by making the best of his chance and putting himself in contention for future appearances and I'm pleased about that.

Otherwise, four games, four wins, what would we choose to change?

the next two games are winnable from a Leicester point of view and hopefully shakes will have all players back from international duty unharmed and raring to go to keep the unbeaten run going. can see him sticking to the same team that won the last four so barring injuries and fringe players doing amazing things in training i can't see him changing things that much

On 19/03/2017 at 00:25, Vacamion said:

The thought of them all celebrating while we were gutted in 2008 still makes me dislike them.

Let's have these.

:scarf:

I was there that day. Stoke are a small club with a tinpot fan base. I'm over 2008. Now I kind of admire them for their stability and how their club is run.

On ‎20‎.‎03‎.‎2017 at 16:31, Thracian said:

Can't see anything but our usual first choice, barring injuries.

Benny's done himself a big favour by making the best of his chance and putting himself in contention for future appearances and I'm pleased about that.

Otherwise, four games, four wins, what would we choose to change?

I'd start Gray over Mahrez or at least sub him off at the 55-60 Minute. He's knackered. DD and Vardy need a break too. Hopefully we'll wrap the game in the first half or hour.

6 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

I'd start Gray over Mahrez or at least sub him off at the 55-60 Minute. He's knackered. DD and Vardy need a break too. Hopefully we'll wrap the game in the first half or hour.

Substitutions are decided on the day according to circumstances but I'd go with nothing but my strongest available team at the kick-off and Gray is nowhere near a replacement for Mahrez. 

Gray's an improving squad member whereas Mahrez can make things happen even when he's playing badly.

Mahrez is the sort of player almost every manager would make exceptions for because he can hit the opposition any time and has to be marked and accounted for (usually by more than one man) and that gives his colleagues more time and space to make their own mark.    

He's also a lightweight footballer with hardly an ounce of spare flesh on him so I see no reason he shouldn't have the energy to play against Stoke and I can see a whole lot of criticism for Shaky if he goes the other way without good reason - and I don't think he will. 

From all the indications so far, he picks his team on merit and sticks with them if they do the job.

It's a simple philosophy. Do your job, win the match, and you'll likely be playing next week. I like philosophical simplicity.

Like scoring goals to win football matches. Like three points is better than one. And like team first, self second.

That's why I like Shaky way above Ranieri. Shaky doesn't complicate anything that is perfectly straightforward. And in a multicultural team of players with different language skills and levels of understanding Premiership football, that's exactly the way I like it...and that's perhaps why we're smiling again.        

34 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

I hate Stoke.  Cûnts.

They seem to hate us as well. I know everyone does at the moment, but they did before that.

I suppose our paths have crossed at big moments throughout both clubs' histories- we denied them their first ever trophy in '64 to win ours, the play-off semi in '96, that day in 2008. Plus we've had the better of them since we got promoted, something they don't like as they've been established up here for years. I had a glance through their forum when we were top last year, and they probably had the greatest proportion of people wanting us to implode of any 'neutral' fanbase. 

Let's stuff 'em again.

7 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

They seem to hate us as well. I know everyone does at the moment, but they did before that.

I suppose our paths have crossed at big moments throughout both clubs' histories- we denied them their first ever trophy in '64 to win ours, the play-off semi in '96, that day in 2008. Plus we've had the better of them since we got promoted, something they don't like as they've been established up here for years. I had a glance through their forum when we were top last year, and they probably had the greatest proportion of people wanting us to implode of any 'neutral' fanbase. 

Let's stuff 'em again.

I liked them under Pulis because they got under people's skin. Pulis is a good man. Hughes is second to Dyche in being a whining bellend. They've only had 2 managers in 11 years so I respect them for that.

22 minutes ago, Koke said:

I liked them under Pulis because they got under people's skin. Pulis is a good man. Hughes is second to Dyche in being a whining bellend. They've only had 2 managers in 11 years so I respect them for that.

Yeah, can't say I don't have a lot of respect for them as a club.

Meanwhile, we've emphatically taken on the title of the club who gets under everyone's skin- we already had the 'elitists' riled after last season, and now the rest of the country (and, possibly, world) hate us. It makes every goal, every win, every place climbed, every European giant knocked out that much sweeter when nobody can stand you doing it.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Stoke are entering that time of year where they get blasted 3 or 4 zip away from home several times on the spin

Did you just say zip? Really? Zip? You'll be referring to our dee-fence and time out next. :unsure:

On ‎18‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 23:21, Sharpe's Fox said:

I hate Mark Hughes because he's a moaning div so hope I we do them.

So a 1-0 score line. Dubious penalty for us and Stoke get a perfectly good goal disallowed. That should really piss him off and light the blue touch paper on the oat shite.

7 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

he has a 2 weeks off, so why try to rest an already rested player.

On 21/03/2017 at 15:51, AmarteyAndChill said:

I can't see this season fizzling out, Chelsea finished 10th last season, the worst position for the champions. Hopefully the players put in 100% using that as incentive, trying to finish 9th..

As achieveable as it is,to think we could finish 9th would be an outstanding achievement on the back of the season we was having

21 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

As achieveable as it is,to think we could finish 9th would be an outstanding achievement on the back of the season we was having

I'm not saying we will, I'm saying we have something to play for. Rather than, we are safe rubbish that happens every year to the likes of West Ham, Stoke etc. 

Archived