Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Milo

Did we keep the receipt for Musa?

2 minutes ago, OLD norfox said:

Musa didn't impress anybody last night. But I wonder why he was brought on. I didn't see what he was supposed to  do. What instructions had been given ????? 

He was clearly brought on to be the out ball, so I'd imagine this instructions were to play up top and chase down any punts we make upfield. He made the bench when he hasn't recently because the manager knew Vardy probably wouldn't last the 90.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

He was clearly brought on to be the out ball, so I'd imagine this instructions were to play up top and chase down any punts we make upfield. He made the bench when he hasn't recently because the manager knew Vardy probably wouldn't last the 90.

If he was brought on to be the outball then he didn't do his job because at no stage did he even attempt to stand on the last man and run onto a long ball.

I admit we didn't play anything he was able to chase but the face he was just standing in an attacking midfielder position suggests he either wasn't told this or he was no clue what he was meant to be doing.

West Ham were launching balls into our box in the last 10-15 minutes so I was surprised we didn't bring on Amartey instead of Musa. Amartey would be an extra body in midfield and he can head a ball. Musa offered nothing. I don't blame Musa cos he was thrown in while West Ham threw the kitchen sink at us. 

I don't rate Musa but yesterday wasn't his fault. I thought Shakespeare made an error with that sub.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Koke said:

West Ham were launching balls into our box in the last 10-15 minutes so I was surprised we didn't bring on Amartey instead of Musa. Amartey would be an extra body in midfield and he can head a ball. Musa offered nothing. I don't blame Musa cos he was thrown in while West Ham threw the kitchen sink at us. 

I don't rate Musa but yesterday wasn't his fault. I thought Shakespeare made an error with that sub.

I think it's clear that Shaky don't particularly rate Amartey isn't it?

Hmmmmmmm...

• Like 1

I'm not even too worried about recouping our money. Just get rid ASAP, having a player that bad is pointlessly taking up space in the squad and whenever he does get on the field he does a lot more harm than good to the cause. Yesterday I'd genuinely have rather played with 10 than with the ball bouncing off Musa to start another WHU attack, and if he did somehow manage to get the ball under control passing it out for a throw to start another attack.

7 minutes ago, fleckneymike said:

Musa may have scored against Barca but let's not forget that Lloyd Dyer scored against Real Madrid. 

And Lloyd was also a key player for 5 seasons, people on here were gutted when he turned down a new deal so what exactly is the point of that comparison? 

Just watched 30 mins Sky highlight and the only thing I saw of Musa was the notice at the bottom of the screen saying he was a sub coming on. I assumed he'd just gone and sat down on the bench again. Gawd knows what's gone wrong, but I just can't see that he's going to become a "fit" in the team. Can't see us getting anything like what we paid for him back....unless Palace are looking for someone to support the "Schlupperman". I go red faced when I think about how I was following any developments on us signing him in the Transfer Window posts.....can't believe that I actually wanted us to sign him. The only thing we can hang ouir hat on is that he might improve in the way that Vardy and Mahrez did (I'm clutching at straws now).

Just so we all know for future debate:

the difference in quality between the conference and the championship is equal to the difference between the Russian premier league and the English Premier league. 

Pre season friendlys are a clear and unequivocal barometer of class and outweigh any premier league matched (and/or fa cup 3rd round ties - but not the fifth round against league one opposition)

Edited by fleckneymike
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bert said:

Good job we kept the receipt after Vardy's first season here... 

Chuck in simpson looking like a down grade on de laet his first season, Albrighton only getting mediocre cameos until April, Wes looking like a cart horse and drinkwater struggling to bed in to the point that people were angry when he and Vardy started vs Middlesbrough at the start of the 13/14 season. With a spine of a team formed by players who took a while to make an impact youd have thought this place would have learnt to not jump straight to conclusions.

15 minutes ago, weller54 said:

But rates Musa above him?.. 

Worrying! 

Does he? Amartey has come on in 2 of the four games in midfield to close it out. Musa has been bought on once because Vardy looked shagged.... in other words - amarteys been brought on for what he brings, Musa because we needed to take someone off: hardly not rating amartey or rating Musa. 

Edited by The Doctor

2 hours ago, the-blue-wildabeast said:

A Barca second string defence in a friendly, means nothing. If we cant offload him get him out on loan to achampionship team to see if he can even cut it at that level, although i have my doubts to be honest.

I'm not arguing that he doesn't look awful and out of place, I'm making a point that he's came into a side that had very little desire, or confidence, for whatever reason.

He's come to a new team, in a new league, and his confidence is shot, the others have got theirs back, as soon as Claudio left, most of which have played together a long time, and know the league, he might take more time.

People bang on about how much they trust Shakespeare, he must see something in him, to put him in the squad, and put him on.

I just think the kid needs time in a side that isn't going through the turmoil that we have this season

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I wish people would stop comparing a player we paid £17mill for who has previously played in the Champions League, to a player we paid a million quid for from non league.

Just a number, he's come from a different league, and played in a team that's performed awful.

Just because he cost more, doesn't affect the loss of confidence, he's bang out of form and confidence, let's see if both improve.

I think if he's this bad next season, we can say he's a bad buy

Guest MattP
16 minutes ago, Koke said:

The comparisons to Vardy are ludicrous. Vardy cost £1m and came from the 5th tier of English football. Musa cost £16m and has played and scored in Champions League and World Cup games. I'm sorry but I expect a £16m player to come in and at least be able to control a football and do the basics right. 

Spot on, the comparisons are bizarre. 

Vardy had never played a league game, Musa has played numerous times in the World Cup and Champions League.