Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Milo

Did we keep the receipt for Musa?

I for one, have never really rated Musa other than a few decent performances against Barce and Everton. However, before Ranieri left, near enough the whole team had been poor this season with the exception of 1 or 2, and now Ranieri has gone many have found form again. Since he left, Musa has only made 1 appearance which was yesterday for all of 14 minutes. 

Maybe now the team is more confident and playing better, he could offer us something but the chances are he won't make another start this season as he has too many players ahead of him in the team. 

The biggest problem I see with Musa is he doesn't use his pace. Against Millwall, their CB out paced him to a ball. I can't comment too much about yesterday as I only saw extended highlights, but Gray is not slow either, so surely he would've made more sense as a sub.

ppl are way too unfair on him, yes he has been poor but he has shown signs of being a good player - spurs away, palace and everton in the cup. not like he has been awful everytime he has player. feel he could be another vardy or drinkwater in terms of making ppl on this messageboard look stupid

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Think we won him. He looks so lost in our tram and doesn't seem to have any desire.

There's players in League Two with a better first touch.

This.

What I don't get is people offering a different opinion to this. 

How long does it take for the penny to drop, and for people to stop defending the indefensible and realise playing him is harming our performances.

We don't have to play him. We have other players that are better. 

Leave him out amd and sell him in the summer upon which point he can be replaced or we can play Gray instead.

• Like 2

Another crazy Ranieri decision to let Schlupp leave but kept this donkey.

Can't control a football. Can't pass a football. And when he's lucky enough to retrieve the ball from his first touch he doesn't have a clue what to do with it. 

• Like 3

He's never going to be anywhere near good enough. Wish he was but he just isn't by any measure. Looked out of his depth against Milwall.

Moral of the story: just because somebody looks good in the Russian league (presumably full of pissed-up, drugged up lunatics), doesn't mean they are good.

1 hour ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

This.

What I don't get is people offering a different opinion to this. 

How long does it take for the penny to drop, and for people to stop defending the indefensible and realise playing him is harming our performances.

We don't have to play him. We have other players that are better. 

Leave him out amd and sell him in the summer upon which point he can be replaced or we can play Gray instead.

Because we're not 12 years old? Or maybe because we know things can change in football?

7 hours ago, adejo92 said:

If Musa had a bad game fair enough but he has been dogshit since Barcelona.

Two goals against Everton in the cup, lest we forget, and most games with truncated appearances in the wrong position - he's not a winger. Not saying he's been good and the guy obviously needs to improve. Whether he will get that time with us is a moot point, but at least be accurate in reflecting to date.

4 hours ago, sm1 said:

The biggest problem I see with Musa is he doesn't use his pace. Against Millwall, their CB out paced him to a ball. I can't comment too much about yesterday as I only saw extended highlights, but Gray is not slow either, so surely he would've made more sense as a sub.

Gray also doesn't mind getting the ball and taking on the whole opposition team, he's in his element doing that and would have been far better suited than Musa doing that.

14 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

Can't control a football. Can't pass a football. And when he's lucky enough to retrieve the ball from his first touch he doesn't have a clue what to do with it. 

Schlupp is also brainless and we should have zero regret selling him. £12.5m for Schlupp is a great deal for us. Let's not rewrite history with Schlupp. He had good spells with us but overall he's a shocking footballer. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Always taking a risk buying a player from a second tier league, look at all the players we have brought.

Name the last player to come from the Russia league and do well, Andrey Arshavin?

We should have targeted PL players! 

Where did mahrez, knockeart, nididi etc come from, all from lesser leagues, and so did many of the now top players.

Musa was scouted for a long time, including under Walsh, there must be something there, and maybe he will come good.

I know it's hard to see, as he is shocking, and some signings work, some don't, but I will make judgement after next season, if he's still here.

Musa has been poor, but so was the rest of team until 4 games ago... He needs a chance to prove himself.... 

So far neither him or slimani appear to be very overpriced flops who don't appear to fit into our style or system.

But everybody needs time, hopefully next season they will. Although if we get a half decent offer i would sell musa and slimani

1 hour ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Two goals against Everton in the cup, lest we forget, and most games with truncated appearances in the wrong position - he's not a winger. Not saying he's been good and the guy obviously needs to improve. Whether he will get that time with us is a moot point, but at least be accurate in reflecting to date.

I was accurate with the statement in him being shit, but thanks :)

The thing which I don't get is how bad his first and second touch can be. For someone who played in the champions league I expect better. I fully accept his confidence could be at an all time low for him now though. I saw a much more confident player when he played Barcelona!

That said we only have to look at Vardy in terms of whats a possible improvement could be. He couldn't control the ball well at all when he joined and he clearly worked on this after his first season with us.

Personally, I wouldn't be too quick to get rid of him. I think given a proper close season rest and a structured pre-season with focus on fitness and elements he needs to improve on, he could be hell of a player.

4 hours ago, Father Ted said:

I agree with the second paragraph but you could say exactly the same things about Schlupp.

2 hours ago, Aeropars said:

The thing which I don't get is how bad his first and second touch can be. For someone who played in the champions league I expect better. I fully accept his confidence could be at an all time low for him now though. I saw a much more confident player when he played Barcelona!

That said we only have to look at Vardy in terms of whats a possible improvement could be. He couldn't control the ball well at all when he joined and he clearly worked on this after his first season with us.

Personally, I wouldn't be too quick to get rid of him. I think given a proper close season rest and a structured pre-season with focus on fitness and elements he needs to improve on, he could be hell of a player.

You're going to be disappointed. Not every player can make Vardy's improvement. It's pretty rare. Besides, he wasn't that bad. He had some potential. Musa doesn't.

If we have any ambition at all we can't afford to waste any more time on him.