Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Milo

Did we keep the receipt for Musa?

14 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

You're going to be disappointed. Not every player can make Vardy's improvement. It's pretty rare. Besides, he wasn't that bad. He had some potential. Musa doesn't.

If we have any ambition at all we can't afford to waste any more time on him.

No, not every player can but it is possible. whether the club are going to give him time and the opportunity to improve is a different matter.

On 19/03/2017 at 11:40, Koke said:

The comparisons to Vardy are ludicrous. Vardy cost £1m and came from the 5th tier of English football. Musa cost £16m and has played and scored in Champions League and World Cup games. I'm sorry but I expect a £16m player to come in and at least be able to control a football and do the basics right. 

Thank god somebody said it at last!

• Like 1

On 19/03/2017 at 16:53, ealingfox said:

Because we're not 12 years old? Or maybe because we know things can change in football?

Yes but persisting with totally out of form players for months on end does not assist in the club's quest. 

That aside; are you saying then that he should playing regularly?

If so you are mad.

If not what is your point?

So the Scapegoat for the whole season has been found.

Now its just happens to be Musa.................. I refer you back the Swansea post match thread

Shakespeare played him, so our Saviour rated him as adequate for the bench Saturday

Give the 24yo a chance ffs

On 19/03/2017 at 16:48, Father Ted said:

Another crazy Ranieri decision to let Schlupp leave but kept this donkey.

Can't control a football. Can't pass a football. And when he's lucky enough to retrieve the ball from his first touch he doesn't have a clue what to do with it. 

I'm with you on Musa as anyone with eyes in their head would be....but I could not have keeping Schlupp on my mind, regardless of Musa's long list of short comings! 

Whats Jeff done at Palace - **** all

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

That's the issue, you can't pick up gems, but were in a unique position, Champions, in the Champions League! You tell me we would'nt have been better off investing in Deeney, Sigurdsson and Keane rather the Slim, Mendy and Musa for around £60 million! 

We did'nt need to be digging in the bargain basement this year, we could have pushed on! We could have been fight for the top 8 again.

Think there needs to be a balance between youth and experience, English and foreign players.

We have brought mainly young, and mainly foreign 

Also the 3 premier league players you mention, couldn't be brought for 60 mill, rumoured 30 mill deeney, rumoured anywhere from 20/30 mill for Keane, and Sigurdsson would be at least 30 mill as he's class

Edited by Monsell1976

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

Haha...You wait and see Musa score 2 goals for city in the CL final...

As long as they're not own goals, fine by me!

Although I do wonder whether he'll have become a regular starter by then.

I'd like to see what he can do in Vardy's place against Stoke and/or Sunderland once the league's back on (provided we do rest a couple of our starting XI players).

Feel for him a bit as he had that great run of two goals in two games playing from the left wing and then disappeared from the first team virtually altogether.

Probably massively short on confidence but hasn't lived up to the price tag.

46 minutes ago, Langley said:

Only time he had a good game was in Stockholm. Tore Barcelona to shreds. Shame he can't do that you know... against West Ham 

I'm sure there was another game where he impressed. The Derby one perhaps? Guess you could argue it was against crap opposition though.

I still don't really know what his best position is. I would guess, as lone striker, similar to Vardy, where he doesn't have to worry too much about holding the ball up, he just needs to run the channels and look for through balls or latch on to high, lofted passes over the defence. 

The problem with that, is that Vardy does that exact role and quite often for 90 minutes, or at least most the game, so it doesn't leave Musa with many opportunities and he often gets pushed to the wing and usually only comes on when we are defending a lead or during our bad run, when the game was already over. 

I have a lot more hope for Slimani, as I just think he offers something different with his aerial ability in the box, but Musa just seems a bit of a poor man's Jamie Vardy lol

Unless Vardy gets injured, then I can't see how he is going to play many minutes from now until the end of the season. Maybe a little harsh if he was pushed out in the Summer, but at least with the other signings, we have seen glimpses of real talent in their small cameos. Only thing Musa can do now, is try to have a huge impact from the little time he gets from the bench, but I'm doubtful he will able to now. 

8 hours ago, STUHILL said:

I'm sure there was another game where he impressed. The Derby one perhaps? Guess you could argue it was against crap opposition though.

I still don't really know what his best position is. I would guess, as lone striker, similar to Vardy, where he doesn't have to worry too much about holding the ball up, he just needs to run the channels and look for through balls or latch on to high, lofted passes over the defence. 

The problem with that, is that Vardy does that exact role and quite often for 90 minutes, or at least most the game, so it doesn't leave Musa with many opportunities and he often gets pushed to the wing and usually only comes on when we are defending a lead or during our bad run, when the game was already over. 

I have a lot more hope for Slimani, as I just think he offers something different with his aerial ability in the box, but Musa just seems a bit of a poor man's Jamie Vardy lol

Unless Vardy gets injured, then I can't see how he is going to play many minutes from now until the end of the season. Maybe a little harsh if he was pushed out in the Summer, but at least with the other signings, we have seen glimpses of real talent in their small cameos. Only thing Musa can do now, is try to have a huge impact from the little time he gets from the bench, but I'm doubtful he will able to now. 

If Vardy's injured Slim will play instead. Musa doesn't fit at all. Too clumsy for a winger, too lightweight for a striker. He's barred on the wings by Gray and up front by Ulloa and Slim.

I really, really doubt he'll be there next season.

I don't know why but i just cant help but feel he'll come good, i had high hopes for him after his brace against Barca last summer, and i feel he's just become a scapegoat, especially as everyone else hadn't performed especially well, yet we knew they'd come good as they had last season. Musa has come in and not done so well in a team down on its luck, and now we're picking some points up perhaps he'd perform better? I don't like slagging any player off but i feel he should play a full 90 in the coming weeks while the team is flying to see how he does. 

21 hours ago, Ricey said:

I don't agree that he doesn't try, I think he does put a good shift in, but that's irrelevant when you can't even control a simple pass and have zero footballing brain cells.

He needs to watch clips of the great man Lloyd Dyer. Know your limitations and just run with the ball down the flanks, he would scare defenders.

Top example - as with Lenny Glover and even Howard Riley in the past. Blokes with one aim. To use their particular abilities to create havoc. No frills just single-minded application. 

21 hours ago, Ricey said:

I don't agree that he doesn't try, I think he does put a good shift in, but that's irrelevant when you can't even control a simple pass and have zero footballing brain cells.

He needs to watch clips of the great man Lloyd Dyer. Know your limitations and just run with the ball down the flanks, he would scare defenders.

This.

When you have so much (alleged) pace, it should be easy to make an impact even at this level.

Musa looks terrified of taking people on. 

9 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Slim's a potentially excellent recruit. I'm just not convinced he's quite joined us yet. China, AFCON, the treatment room ... when will he finally be focused on giving his all for Leicester City?   

• Like 3

On 19/03/2017 at 16:59, Gerard said:

Gray also doesn't mind getting the ball and taking on the whole opposition team, he's in his element doing that and would have been far better suited than Musa doing that.

He confounds me at times but what's too often missing with Gray is seeing the pictures and recognising why one is a better bet, decision-wise, than another. It's so important to get your head up early and to process the options wisely.

Scholes was a master at it. Dalglish another and Davie Gibson from our own past. Of the wingers, Cristiano Ronaldo, Cruyff and the legendary Tom Finney come to mind. Gray's improving but needs far greater determination to improve his end product. He's got talent but has he got the brain and the mindset?

You need to be humble to keep improving. Not modest, quite the contrary, you need to have no doubt of your potential. But you need to be humble enough to listen and to keep learning and improving. Each and every day.         

Edited by Thracian
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Everton in the cup, Palace, Spurs, Hull first game he set up about three clear chances for Vardy and obviously Barcelona he's played well.

• Like 1

On 20/03/2017 at 17:42, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Yes but persisting with totally out of form players for months on end does not assist in the club's quest. 

That aside; are you saying then that he should playing regularly?

If so you are mad.

If not what is your point?

If I was saying that then I would have said it.

My point was two-fold and pretty obvious I thought but I'll take you through it - firstly that you're either a tosser, or a child, or both, for literally trying to call out our fans for trying to stick up for one of our own players, one who seems like a decent young guy making an honest effort, and give him the benefit of the doubt during a problematic season for him.

Secondly, that things can change can football. This season he's been playing under a gaffer who'd lost the plot. He's not played in his best position all season. He has made positive contributions in games this season. He's 24. He's not much use for more than short sub cameos at the moment.

Football is complicated. You shouldn't just be binning players because they aren't an instant hit. The bloke has played nearly 200 club games and dozens of international caps. I don't think it's quite as simple as 'he can't control a football, he's shit, get rid'. I'm pretty sure somebody would have noticed before now if that were the case.

Edited by ealingfox
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, ealingfox said:

If I was saying that then I would have said it.

My point was two-fold and pretty obvious I thought but I'll take you through it - firstly that you're either a tosser, or a child, or both, for literally trying to call out our fans for trying to stick up for one of our own players, one who seems like a decent young guy making an honest effort, and give him the benefit of the doubt during a problematic season for him.

Secondly, that things can change can football. This season he's been playing under a gaffer who'd lost the plot. He's not played in his best position all season. He has made positive contributions in games this season. He's 24. He's not much use for more than short sub cameos at the moment.

Football is complicated. You shouldn't just be binning players because they aren't an instant hit. The bloke has played nearly 200 club games and dozens of international caps. I don't think it's quite as simple as 'he can't control a football, he's shit, get rid'. I'm pretty sure somebody would have noticed before now if that were the case.

Re read the second paragraph of your post. 

I will not reply to this other than to write; you are a condescending twat who needs to have a word with himself. I know online one has a bit more freedom, but Im pretty sure you would not be talking to me like that face to face. 

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader