Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Melbourne Fuchs

Atlético Madrid 3-1 Sevilla

Sevilla would also be fairly gutted getting knocked out the CL by us, so naturally the mood in the camp wouldn't have been great.

Wouldn't read too much in to it to be honest, there's still a lot that can happen between now and the first leg.

An international break for starters...

14 minutes ago, Melbourne Fuchs said:

Should we be worried?

Be worried anyway, they've been finalists for 2 of last 3 years

Simeone will ensure they're not complacent... It's a nightmare draw for us, would sooner play Barca who play a high press we just might be able to exploit

There is more than enough evidence on the basis of this post suggest to suggest I am a total fantasist, but I wouldn't worry; we're going to beat them. I can feel it in my bones. After we've done that we'll draw a winnable semi final and win that too. Whoever we play then it'll be basically a rerun of the Germany v Denmark European Championship Final in the UCL final. We all know Germany were invincible and the Danish team even stopped for a MacDonalds on the way to stadium!

Sevilla beat Real Madrid earlier on this season.

The point is I wouldn't use this game to compare the two teams. Sevilla are a possession based team, whereas Atletico are a counter attacking team very similar to us. I'm not sure how they are going to react coming up against a team with a style like ours. It will be a completely different game.

personally i tend to agree with the guy above in terms of style its the worst draw we could have got . 

its going to be a very very cagey game i think and what both teams will be wary of is pushing forward leaving the counter exposed so i think both teams will sit back. personally think whoever scores first will have a huge advantage because the other team will push forward to level and leave themselves open. 

with griezman on their team i really dont think we can afford to have 2 slow centre backs and would maybe think about putting in benny over wes 

5 hours ago, Atletico supporter said:

You should not be. In fact we are deciding if we should quit competition before being humiliated by you. 

May be in next hours the Club will communicate this terrible decision. Good luck in semi finals

Wtf is this

Correct me if I'm wrong but we are fairly useful against good counter attacking teams. For all the nonsense praised upon Spurs, they play on the counter and we didn't lost to them last season or this season. I think we've a chance but it'll be hugely difficult. I can picture Simeone absolutely furious when we've done a number on them.

Archived