Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
luckyalex13

Tactical Changes

So, I am interested in what peoples thoughts are on what the tactical changes have been since Ranieri left have been.

I feel that one of the main changes is that we have gone back to pressing higher up the pitch rather than the midfield dropping deep to try and cover the loss of N'Golo,

4 minutes ago, luckyalex13 said:

So, I am interested in what peoples thoughts are on what the tactical changes have been since Ranieri left have been.

I feel that one of the main changes is that we have gone back to pressing higher up the pitch rather than the midfield dropping deep to try and cover the loss of N'Golo,

Well we aren't punting it long as much for starters, there are still some aimless balls, but we've definitely attempted to play it on the floor a bit more.

Clearly pressing more!, obviously going back to what worked for us last season with the same players plus Ndidi. obviously not tinkering too much from that blueprint. at some point Shakes will have to come up with more than same old same old and the question is can he do it whereas Claudio couldn't!

Guest MattP

The one touch passing has been a joy to watch at times, the first goal against Hull was delightful. We seem to want to get the ball forward quicker on the floor, the high press also sees the opposition defence want to defend higher which gives more space for Vardy to run into.

There seems to be an intention rather than a hope to get the ball into the opposition box when we go forward and try to create chances, Mahrez, Albrighton and Vardy all want to get further forward.

When I remember that 0-0 at Middlesborough now I want to cry, we had this squad of players and went to argubly the worst side in the league and shut up shop for a draw.

9 minutes ago, MattP said:

The one touch passing has been a joy to watch at times, the first goal against Hull was delightful. We seem to want to get the ball forward quicker on the floor, the high press also sees the opposition defence want to defend higher which gives more space for Vardy to run into.

There seems to be an intention rather than a hope to get the ball into the opposition box when we go forward and try to create chances, Mahrez, Albrighton and Vardy all want to get further forward.

When I remember that 0-0 at Middlesborough now I want to cry, we had this squad of players and went to argubly the worst side in the league and shut up shop for a draw.

And that was our best performance of 2017 in the league...

No longer using Huth and Morgan as playmakers. I've seen Simpson and Fuchs going forward more. Flood the opposition's box more, we see Drinkwater and Albrighton rushing in rather than sitting at the half way line ready to defend. 

Winning the second balls has been the biggest thing I've noticed. We still play long, but it's not aimlessly long to a lone man up front. The midfield are pushing up to support, and we're picking up the pieces from the knock-ons/defensive headers. It means instead of the ball coming straight back at us and putting us under pressure, we keep the ball in the opposition half a lot more.

Performing with more passion and vigor as noticeably more happy as simple as that.

What was right about them performing heroics over the past 2 or so seasons was taken away, altered or diminished - all all? this season.

Being pot less is shiity and extra money is great when you already are wealthy but it doesn't create the same happiness witnessed last season.

Couple of changes are pretty clear - I assume Fuchs and Simpson were told not to cross the halfway line under CR...Fuchs especially has been much more adventurous in the last 4 games. Huth and Wes don't hoof it at every opportunity and we therefore have the midfield involved in the game.

I know I'm in the minority, but I'm not Shinji's biggest fan (I know, I know...) I'd love to see a Knockaert - type player in that role.

3 minutes ago, Milo said:

Couple of changes are pretty clear - I assume Fuchs and Simpson were told not to cross the halfway line under CR...Fuchs especially has been much more adventurous in the last 4 games. Huth and Wes don't hoof it at every opportunity and we therefore have the midfield involved in the game.

I know in the minority, but I'm not Shinji's biggest fan (I know, I know...) I'd love to see a Knockaert - type player in that role.

Yeah I reckon we'd be able to get Antony if we wanted him 

I think the biggest tactical change is that the tactics have been communicated to those that need to carry it out. I honestly think we went 2-3 months with our players unsure of how they were supposed to be playing. 

3 minutes ago, Milo said:

I know in the minority, but I'm not Shinji's biggest fan (I know, I know...) I'd love to see a Knockaert - type player in that role.

Suspect this is what was peeing him off about CR. been so obvious over the three PL games. 

The importance of Albrighton in these last 4 games has been extraordinary. This is a player that isn't blessed with technical ability or what you'd call a game changer but he's been integral to so much of what we're good at. You could say the same for Vardy, Fuchs, Simpson, Drinkwater, Ndidi, Shinji, Mahrez and the rest but it is astounding what Albrighton has done these last 4 games.

Archived