Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilsthorpe Blue

Title Winning seasons mementos

On 21/03/2017 at 13:59, Wolfox said:

I got the classic 'Chris Wood edition' PL winners poster as I walked out of the Everton match

a069a5cdfc5dac4e187cff33ed6e40b8_zpsl7qs

I laughed so much at the hapless Del Boy like fella selling these, I so wished I had bought one now these wok be collectors items. 

8 minutes ago, stretch1965 said:

I laughed so much at the hapless Del Boy like fella selling these, I so wished I had bought one now these wok be collectors items. 

Yeah...  I admired his entrepreneurial spirit, that and my son insisted that he owned one!!!

schlupp turned up in his Poppy Day kit and Andy King turned up in 14/15 season top!  The cropping is hilarious... Simpson only kept 2/3rds of his head!!!

Still has pride of place on his wall with a bag of salt an victory nestled on the top of it

His auntie got her bag of crisps framed for him... classy!!!

image.jpg

23 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Was walking around in Prague last April and found a shop that did Russian dolls for football teams. Lo and behold they'd done one for us.

IMG_2216.thumb.JPG.b3b91aedee051057d9fbf5f358f3503a.JPG

That's Vardy, obviously

Awesome!  I'll take your Russian doll and raise you a circa '86 duck from Lyme Regis (has been on my bedside table since then!!!)

not title related.... but, any excuse to show it off!!!  - looking the little bit worse for wear now - it says 'quackers about Leicester City' on it - I think I was so astonished to see anything Leicester related outside of Leicester, that I brought there and then!

af6430d823ac4ce016ba03b87c5067bd_zpsyuqf

4 hours ago, Wolfox said:

Yeah...  I admired his entrepreneurial spirit, that and my son insisted that he owned one!!!

schlupp turned up in his Poppy Day kit and Andy King turned up in 14/15 season top!  The cropping is hilarious... Simpson only kept 2/3rds of his head!!!

Still has pride of place on his wall with a bag of salt an victory nestled on the top of it

His auntie got her bag of crisps framed for him... classy!!!

image.jpg

So many things annoy me - not just the photos of King in the old kit and Chris Bloody Wood on it, or the fact that Richie De Laet is there but Marc Albrighton isn't, but also the half arsed addition of Claudio in a circle, "the Foxes" under Leicester City FC, and the PL trophy in the left corner still with Chelsea's ribbons on it. And "Premiership" is infuriating!!!

The flags that were being sold on Parade Day (I was out of the country but my mum went along with my dad in place of me, they got me one) were just an absolute car crash of a flag - blatantly hastily redesigned Chelsea flags with their ribbons on the trophy, our badge with a shit fox saying "Leicester FC" and "Premiership Champions" etc. Naturally I have one hanging upstairs but still. 

Buy it the worst of all is the following monstrosity.... I work as a carer for a guy with autism. He tries to keep up with City and what he can understand, the problem is though that his mum is a ****ing idiot. She paid £10 for the following t-shirt:FullSizeRender.thumb.jpg.7913d4b06f0be42ae488e0c3e80ff637.jpg

Just look at it. "Foxes Never Die" instead of "Foxes Never Quit", "Blyth" who as far as I know has never played a game for us professionally, "Jamie" presumably meaning Bardy, "Maddison" - who?! "Moore" who hasn't played for us for over a year, "oulala" "olukanmi" eh?!!!?, random inclusions of words like City, Stadium, Kick, Army, League, Captain, Champions, Soccer, Fox, goal etc. 

But the worst, most unforgivable part of this, is where it says "foxe's".

Sickening.

5 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

Was walking around in Prague last April and found a shop that did Russian dolls for football teams. Lo and behold they'd done one for us.

That's Vardy, obviously

Chris (made of) wood?

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

So many things annoy me - not just the photos of King in the old kit and Chris Bloody Wood on it, or the fact that Richie De Laet is there but Marc Albrighton isn't, but also the half arsed addition of Claudio in a circle, "the Foxes" under Leicester City FC, and the PL trophy in the left corner still with Chelsea's ribbons on it. And "Premiership" is infuriating!!!

The flags that were being sold on Parade Day (I was out of the country but my mum went along with my dad in place of me, they got me one) were just an absolute car crash of a flag - blatantly hastily redesigned Chelsea flags with their ribbons on the trophy, our badge with a shit fox saying "Leicester FC" and "Premiership Champions" etc. Naturally I have one hanging upstairs but still. 

Buy it the worst of all is the following monstrosity.... I work as a carer for a guy with autism. He tries to keep up with City and what he can understand, the problem is though that his mum is a ****ing idiot. She paid £10 for the following t-shirt:FullSizeRender.thumb.jpg.7913d4b06f0be42ae488e0c3e80ff637.jpg

Just look at it. "Foxes Never Die" instead of "Foxes Never Quit", "Blyth" who as far as I know has never played a game for us professionally, "Jamie" presumably meaning Bardy, "Maddison" - who?! "Moore" who hasn't played for us for over a year, "oulala" "olukanmi" eh?!!!?, random inclusions of words like City, Stadium, Kick, Army, League, Captain, Champions, Soccer, Fox, goal etc. 

Sickening.

Absolutely howling lollol

On 21/03/2017 at 13:49, urban.spaceman said:

Was in Namibia after we won the league. Parked up in Windhoek with my City flag proudly displayed in the back of the car, a parking attendant noticed it and showed me his collection of "Makalani seeds" - seeds for local pine trees that are about the size of a conker. They carve  animals out of the 'skin' and sell them as mementos to tourists, writing your name. They guy loved the whole Leicester City story (he said he supported Liverpool) so I got him to make one for me:IMG_8776.thumb.JPG.552a516b286a0a1828aa5d20945ffd05.JPG

IMG_8777.thumb.JPG.6d8a1764385baf798008d86238c1829b.JPG

IMG_8775.thumb.JPG.17f5463090fcb2ed436012eb857781cb.JPG

Basically, a completely unique memento that only cost me 80p. Really chuffed with it. 

that is the dogs bollock:appl:

9 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Sickening.

It's that tiny 'kick' at the bottom right which makes it...

9 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Sickening.

lol 

What about the random ce in between the eyes or the rogue e below the right one lol

12 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

My oh my.... you've a keen eye for detail!  Fotunately I only come across when I lean into his room to ask him to turn his guitar amp down!!!

Now....  your shirt, that just trumps it all...  hysterically bad

foxes never die :trumpet:....  it'll be our new war cry.... Union FS - are you watching?  One for the TIFO?!!!!

On 3/21/2017 at 16:44, one F in Fox said:

That sounds fantastic! I've got various stuff from being confirmed champions, but i'ts saved in my Sky planner.

As a matter of interest, is it possible to replicate whet you've got?, I for one would love to have that 

and I'm sure there is plenty more that would too!

I have to admit I'd be reluctant to replicate it all, despite how easy it would be to do. Recording everything is an absolute labour of love (and hate when we're crap.) so I'm really precious over it. It's taken years to find the reliable sources and places to download the games, and takes a long time to record. When we won the title I must have spent a days worth of time recording stuff. It's not just the recording, it's also the sifting through programmes finding the bits that are relevant!

I've been doing it since I was 17 and started in the 07/08 season. Managerial sackings coverage, including the non-sacking of Pearson and full coverage of Ranieri as well is in the archive. 2015-16 is well over 800 files including all the misc stuff. There's also all but one UCL game with a "stadium sound" version, no commentary. The Copenhagen away game is spectacular, you can literally hear the Union FS guys on their own at one point.

I would love to share it more widely on YT, anything with PL footage is a nightmare of course.

Here's an example of the footage directory I keep, it doesn't include all the misc footage outside of matches. I should get a proper documented archive sorted really. (2015-16) (2016-17 so far)

tl;dr - I'm a really precious saddo

On 22 March 2017 at 17:38, Kitchandro said:

That's Vardy, obviously

Is that a CRT tv with a built in video recorder behind it?

Come and join us in 2017, I think you'll enjoy the improvements. lol 

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/03/2017 at 14:36, Footballwipe said:

I have to admit I'd be reluctant to replicate it all, despite how easy it would be to do. Recording everything is an absolute labour of love (and hate when we're crap.) so I'm really precious over it. It's taken years to find the reliable sources and places to download the games, and takes a long time to record. When we won the title I must have spent a days worth of time recording stuff. It's not just the recording, it's also the sifting through programmes finding the bits that are relevant!

I've been doing it since I was 17 and started in the 07/08 season. Managerial sackings coverage, including the non-sacking of Pearson and full coverage of Ranieri as well is in the archive. 2015-16 is well over 800 files including all the misc stuff. There's also all but one UCL game with a "stadium sound" version, no commentary. The Copenhagen away game is spectacular, you can literally hear the Union FS guys on their own at one point.

I would love to share it more widely on YT, anything with PL footage is a nightmare of course.

Here's an example of the footage directory I keep, it doesn't include all the misc footage outside of matches. I should get a proper documented archive sorted really. (2015-16) (2016-17 so far)

tl;dr - I'm a really precious saddo

Not a sad at all - I wish I could have kept a catalogue like that but I just wasn't in a position to or didn't have the resources! Plus I should think we're entitled to remember the season of our lives in any way we want!

Would you consider making it available via a torrent or something? Or at least sharing your sources so that others can replicate it? I'm sure there's a lot of us that are very envious of your collection!

• 6 months later...
On 21/03/2017 at 13:49, urban.spaceman said:

Was in Namibia after we won the league. Parked up in Windhoek with my City flag proudly displayed in the back of the car, a parking attendant noticed it and showed me his collection of "Makalani seeds" - seeds for local pine trees that are about the size of a conker. They carve  animals out of the 'skin' and sell them as mementos to tourists, writing your name. They guy loved the whole Leicester City story (he said he supported Liverpool) so I got him to make one for me:IMG_8776.thumb.JPG.552a516b286a0a1828aa5d20945ffd05.JPG

IMG_8777.thumb.JPG.6d8a1764385baf798008d86238c1829b.JPG

IMG_8775.thumb.JPG.17f5463090fcb2ed436012eb857781cb.JPG

Basically, a completely unique memento that only cost me 80p. Really chuffed with it. 

This has fallen off my keyring and is lost in the wilds of Leicestershire. Bit devastated.

On 10/25/2017 at 00:14, urban.spaceman said:

This has fallen off my keyring and is lost in the wilds of Leicestershire. Bit devastated.

rest assured, if I', walking around the wilds of Leicestershire and find it.......I'll continue to enjoy it for you lol

p.s. sorry you lost it, I'd be gutted the only thing to do is to go back to Windhoek in  Namibia and buy another couple.

Archived