Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simon789us

Summer 2017 player incoming / outgoing

1 minute ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

If we sell Mahrez then we have to bring in Sigursson to replace his creativity.

If Mahrez goes I'd want the club to bring in a couple creative replacements, but we'll probably end up with Adama Traore. I'd imagine Sigursson will go to a club like Everton or above, it's annoying because we could have probably bought him after winning the title but the club doesn't look as attractive anymore. 

5 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

If Mahrez goes I'd want the club to bring in a couple creative replacements, but we'll probably end up with Adama Traore. I'd imagine Sigursson will go to a club like Everton or above, it's annoying because we could have probably bought him after winning the title but the club doesn't look as attractive anymore. 

Until we win the Champions League!:cool:

Let's say Shakespeare gets the job long term, it'll be interesting to see how he sets up his recruitment team. I suspect Macia's days are numbered, regardless. 

I'd love us to go all out for Nathan Ake, offer £20 million and see what happens.

3 hours ago, TK95 said:

I'd give Demarai Gray a starter's berth if Mahrez leaves. Getting another replacement will only limit his own playing time. The boy has talent but needs to be given a chance week in week out to fulfil his potential.

I agree with this. I hope Riyad doesn't leave but wouldn't be surprised if he and Kasper do. Both stuck around for the CL season so unless we win it, I can understand them going. 

If Grey is first team he will be frustrating to watch and raw but believe he deserves the chance. If he takes that opportunity he could be immense for Club and country. 

If Kasper goes then Joe Hart is the only player who we could realistically get who could replace him. This season Kasper is in the top 5 if not top 3 keepers in the world so it's an impossible ask, but if Real Madrid come for him you couldn't begrudge him for going. 

Guest MattP

Out: Musa, Slimani, Mendy.

I think we'll also lose Mahrez and Kasper, they have a taste now for Champions League football and I'm sure they'll want those sort of nights every season, we'll do well to hang into them.

46 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I agree with this. I hope Riyad doesn't leave but wouldn't be surprised if he and Kasper do. Both stuck around for the CL season so unless we win it, I can understand them going. 

If Grey is first team he will be frustrating to watch and raw but believe he deserves the chance. If he takes that opportunity he could be immense for Club and country. 

If Kasper goes then Joe Hart is the only player who we could realistically get who could replace him. This season Kasper is in the top 5 if not top 3 keepers in the world so it's an impossible ask, but if Real Madrid come for him you couldn't begrudge him for going. 

Maybe Pickford from Sunderland assuming they get relegated and we don't? 

9 minutes ago, MattP said:

I think we'll also lose Mahrez and Kasper, they have a taste now for Champions League football and I'm sure they'll want those sort of nights every season, we'll do well to hang into them.

Getting on for 60 million we spent on them, id like to see a bit more of Mendy before he's written off.

5 hours ago, TK95 said:

I'd give Demarai Gray a starter's berth if Mahrez leaves. Getting another replacement will only limit his own playing time. The boy has talent but needs to be given a chance week in week out to fulfil his potential.

I agree with giving Gray the opportunity to replace Mahrez should Riyad leave. But I do think we'd need to get in a replacement as well to push both Gray and Albrighton in case they lose form or get injured.

I see former Blackburn forward Anthony Modeste is tearing up the Bundesliga right now (only 1 goal and 1 place behind Aubameyang, the league's top scorer). He's 28 years old so he's in his prime and also had a good return for FC Köln last year. Might be worth looking into if Slim and/or Ulloa leave.

12 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

I agree with giving Gray the opportunity to replace Mahrez should Riyad leave. But I do think we'd need to get in a replacement as well to push both Gray and Albrighton in case they lose form or get injured.

I see former Blackburn forward Anthony Modeste is tearing up the Bundesliga right now (only 1 goal and 1 place behind Aubameyang, the league's top scorer). He's 28 years old so he's in his prime and also had a good return for FC Köln last year. Might be worth looking into if Slim and/or Ulloa leave.

Would gray be able to deal with the pressure of having to produce assists/goals every game he plays? This is unless we get Sigursson or something to help with the creativity.

4 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Would gray be able to deal with the pressure of having to produce assists/goals every game he plays? This is unless we get Sigursson or something to help with the creativity.

Yes, use him or lose him I feel.

I don't expect him to be like Mahrez in our title winning season but we have arguably the best young English player in the country with Gray and I imagine he's getting pissed off with his lack of game time.

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

Yes, use him or lose him I feel.

I don't expect him to be like Mahrez in our title winning season but we have arguably the best young English player in the country with Gray and I imagine he's getting pissed off with his lack of game time.

But if we don't buy to replace Mahrez as we see gray as the option. He cannot be inconsistent despite his young age. He has to create and score on a regular bases, because otherwise we have no creativity what so ever. For a 21 year old, that is huge pressure.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Let's say Shakespeare gets the job long term, it'll be interesting to see how he sets up his recruitment team. I suspect Macia's days are numbered, regardless. 

I'd love us to go all out for Nathan Ake, offer £20 million and see what happens.

I'd like this to be the summer where we start building properly.

Would love us to sign players like Ake and Keane and to be one of the sides interested in Gibson if Boro go down too.

Maybe get a new striker that can learn off Vardy and perhaps a new right back.

1 minute ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

But if we don't buy to replace Mahrez as we see gray as the option. He cannot be inconsistent despite his young age. He has to create and score on a regular bases, because otherwise we have no creativity what so ever. For a 21 year old, that is huge pressure.

He has 100 games at PL and Championship level and is a quality player. I don't think 21 is too young if you have the ability and I think Gray is very confident in his own ability. I feel the likes of Gray can't be kept on the leash much longer, he needs to play or he'll be off.

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Would love us to sign players like Ake and Keane and to be one of the sides interested in Gibson if Boro go down too.

I see some big clubs are linked with Keane and Gibson but I'd like us to at least get one of them providing the big clubs don't make a move for them which is likely.

I feel we need a right back who is comfortable on the ball as we need to up our possession stats if we're going to improve as a team and a club.

A 19-20 year old wonderkid to come in as forward would be ideal, one with bags of potential and is happy to come on a lot as sub and start 10-15 games next season would be ideal

I see some big clubs are linked with Keane and Gibson but I'd like us to at least get one of them providing the big clubs don't make a move for them which is likely.

I feel we need a right back who is comfortable on the ball as we need to up our possession stats if we're going to improve as a team and a club.

A 19-20 year old wonderkid to come in as forward would be ideal, one with bags of potential and is happy to come on a lot as sub and start 10-15 games next season would be ideal

Tammy Abraham?

1 hour ago, MattP said:

You forgot to add Zieler to that list, time we had a good back up keeper

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Tammy Abraham?

No idea how good he is but 19 goals in 33 appearances in the Championship suggests he's very good.

I can't see Chelsea selling him to us though as they'd probably want a buy back clause which means we take all the risk. 

Someone along this kind of profile. Teams like Dortmund always seem to sign bright young talent and don't waste millions on crap like Slimani, Mendy, Musa, etc like English clubs do.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/borussia-dortmund-sign-sweden-sensation-9676414

12 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Would be great to have a team like this in 3/4 years time.

Pickford

Soares Keane Gibson Chilwell

Ndidi Amartey

Gray Barnes (No idea)

Abraham

Theres a lot of young Englishmen with a lot of talent and the right attitude out there. Would love it if we brought them all together.

No idea how good he is but 19 goals in 33 appearances in the Championship suggests he's very good.

I can't see Chelsea selling him to us though as they'd probably want a buy back clause which means we take all the risk. 

Someone along this kind of profile. Teams like Dortmund always seem to sign bright young talent and don't waste millions on crap like Slimani, Mendy, Musa, etc like English clubs do.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/borussia-dortmund-sign-sweden-sensation-9676414

Ousmanne Dembele too.

Think they bought him for 12m. They could probably quadruple that if they wanted to sell in the Summer.

Edit: As for Abraham, he's still a kid so he's raw but he's got everything you want in a young striker. His movement is sensational. Could be a bit of a Lukaku if he beefs up and uses height better.

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Ousmanne Dembele too.

Think they bought him for 12m. They could probably quadruple that if they wanted to sell in the Summer.

I like the Dortmund model and it's one we should aspire to.

They sign some of the best young talent in the world mainly from lesser clubs in lesser leagues which means they get them cheaper than trying to raid the best young talent from bigger clubs.

I'd be quite happy to see Leicester emulate this and allow these players to move on to an elite club down the line for a big fee.

Tom Lawrence anyone?

Unless we get a decent offer for him - unlikely though with only one year left on his contact.

So keep him in the first team, maybe he'll prove himself, be offered a new contract, and decide he wants to stay.

Archived