Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simon789us

Summer 2017 player incoming / outgoing

Musa can go, Mendy can go, Zieler can go, Slimani will come good with a good pre-season and a settled side around him...Ulloa has been a good servant but let him go. Gray from Burnley/Wilson from Bournemouth

Schmeichel goes if Liverpool/Utd/Arsenal come in...but I cant see it...we should go for Pickford or Butland if he does go.

We need to replace Simpson, he's been great but he is limited going forward, amartey slots in naturally there, but we need 2 CB...two of Ake,Maguire and Keane if we could get them would be v good in my opinion. Let Wasilewski go, keep Benalouane and let one of Wes/Huth go.

Fuchs and Chilwell have left back covered.

Matty James replaces Mendy for competition but I think were light on real quality so someone like Sigurdsson would give us more options and is an upgrade over Drinkwater, perhaps King time to go, loyal and reliable but we can do better...Ndidi already looks like the one to build around.

Mahrez is the tricky one...I don't think there will be many takers, and certainly not the very top clubs...but if he stays there is no room for Lawrence to come back which would be a shame as he never had the chance...Gray has potential, but he is no Mahrez (when on form)..if Mahrez goes no idea on who to bring in, he is a special talent and cant think of a natural fit to replace!

What I would love to see is the club buying Premier League proven players..no more prospects from sub par foreign leagues! 

15 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

We've been scouting Bobby Wood of Hamburg according to German press. 

Just to highlight defenders are needed badly.

Bobby Wood would be perfect for Leicester. Works in a 442 (Partners Jozy Altidore/Clint Dempsey in the USMNT) He is really good with his back to goal and he is relatively cheap (under 15m euros). He also tends to be a big game player and can play on the wing in a 433.

Also IMO Bobby Wood would be a good upgrade on Okazaki.

Another USMNT player that should be looked at is John Brooks from Hertha Berlin. He can play old school defender or play the continental style. He also is good at headers.

Out:

Kapustka - Loan

Lawrence - Sold

Wasilewski - Retired

Benalouane - Sold

Ulloa - Sold

King - I'd say get rid as I don't think he's good enough, but can see him sticking around and wouldn't be too averse to that on a team spirit basis.

Maybe Out:

Mendy - Loan

In:

James - Back in the squad

Young CB

Maybe another CB if we don't think we can convert Amartey to play there.

Young Striker - Probably a No.10, creative with workrate

Right back - Someone more attacking who can defend

16 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Out:

Kapustka - Loan

Lawrence - Sold

Wasilewski - Retired

Benalouane - Sold

Ulloa - Sold

King - I'd say get rid as I don't think he's good enough, but can see him sticking around and wouldn't be too averse to that on a team spirit basis.

Maybe Out:

Mendy - Loan

In:

James - Back in the squad

Young CB

Maybe another CB if we don't think we can convert Amartey to play there.

Young Striker - Probably a No.10, creative with workrate

Right back - Someone more attacking who can defend

King is a decent squad player. Although he'd be 4th choice if James comes back and Amartey is converted to a CB. 

King is a bit surplus to requirement. Maybe a promoted team will pay £8-9m for him. He's 28 years old. Does he really wanna sit on the bench forever!!!

8 hours ago, the fox said:

we can't afford the luxury of giving him a starting spot for the season, people think replacing mahrez is easy, just take it this way, hazard had 45 goals+assists in the last  3 season. mahrez has 42. i cant trust gray enough to be the main man, he has more than 1000 minuts in this season and he didnt show that he can pick up the offensive load of a mahrez caliber player

Spot on. I'm not even convinced Gray's quite good enough to remain a squad member. He reminds me of so many players who promise lots but don't quite have the will, intensity or sharpness of mind to make it.

First there's his stamina. The guy looks spent after half a game or so (depending on his involvement) and for him to get the sort of return we've had from Mahrez is unrealistic from all I've seen.

There's also the question of his ability to assess situations at speed, the consistency of his goal threat and his ability to adapt to the circumstances of the game.

Yes, some of those things should still improve over time but we're not talking about some total greenhorn here, Gray's played a lot of games for Birmingham and should be starting to impose himself on games and strengthening up considerably but I don't signs of it yet.

I don't think he's fast enough either. Yes, he's quite quick. But people like Schlupp and Dyer were faster and stronger which is what I think we should be looking for. Pace, strength and end product. Everything to encourage our top players to stay. 

4 hours ago, Thracian said:

Spot on. I'm not even convinced Gray's quite good enough to remain a squad member. He reminds me of so many players who promise lots but don't quite have the will, intensity or sharpness of mind to make it.

First there's his stamina. The guy looks spent after half a game or so (depending on his involvement) and for him to get the sort of return we've had from Mahrez is unrealistic from all I've seen.

There's also the question of his ability to assess situations at speed, the consistency of his goal threat and his ability to adapt to the circumstances of the game.

Yes, some of those things should still improve over time but we're not talking about some total greenhorn here, Gray's played a lot of games for Birmingham and should be starting to impose himself on games and strengthening up considerably but I don't signs of it yet.

I don't think he's fast enough either. Yes, he's quite quick. But people like Schlupp and Dyer were faster and stronger which is what I think we should be looking for. Pace, strength and end product. Everything to encourage our top players to stay. 

that's my biggest concern to be honest,we have seen it alot, players like gray, zaha, adama and redmond have all physical attributes but in the end of the day, the mata's,the silva's, the mahrez's and eriksen's are the ones that win you games, people are so stuck on the physical aspect of a football player that it became frustrating to see and that's why the other nations/leagues are providing better game winners

1 hour ago, Leicester69 said:

Musa can go, Mendy can go, Zieler can go, Slimani will come good with a good pre-season and a settled side around him...Ulloa has been a good servant but let him go. Gray from Burnley/Wilson from Bournemouth

Schmeichel goes if Liverpool/Utd/Arsenal come in...but I cant see it...we should go for Pickford or Butland if he does go.

We need to replace Simpson, he's been great but he is limited going forward, amartey slots in naturally there, but we need 2 CB...two of Ake,Maguire and Keane if we could get them would be v good in my opinion. Let Wasilewski go, keep Benalouane and let one of Wes/Huth go.

Matty James replaces Mendy for competition but I think were light on real quality so someone like Sigurdsson would give us more options and is an upgrade over Drinkwater, perhaps King time to go, loyal and reliable but we can do better...Ndidi already looks like the one to build around.

Mahrez is the tricky one...I don't think there will be many takers, and certainly not the very top clubs...but if he stays there is no room for Lawrence to come back which would be a shame as he never had the chance...Gray has potential, but he is no Mahrez (when on form)..if Mahrez goes no idea on who to bring in, he is a special talent and cant think of a natural fit to replace!

What I would love to see is the club buying Premier League proven players..no more prospects from sub par foreign leagues! 

please dont compare mahrez a premier league player of the year, with tom lawrence please dont. tom lawrence will never play for leicester again i would bet and it wouldnt be a shame.

sigurddson is an upgrade over drinkwater why? different players, drinkwater is a box to box all round midfielder wheras sigursson is a creative midfielder, a luxury i would suggest in a 4 4 2, that we couldnt afford he would have to play alongside vardy.

the squad doesnt need an overhaul, it needs some quality added at CB and a more youthful feel about it in general particularly at cb and up front. this comes from 2 - 3 additions to a squad that minus kante won the premier league and currently is showing at the very least top 10 form.

23 minutes ago, Thracian said:

You've set your stall out with Gray, it's going to take one monumental shift for you to rate him. Right now he's all potential and no end product but we've seen in football how quickly that can change for young players. It's a multitude of factors for that to happen, but it happens. The biggest concern for me is that as of yet neither Ranieri nor Shakespeare have deemed him good enough to be one of the first names in the starting XI. It's very difficult to obtain that in our side, just look at our current XI and only Ndidi has come in in the last 18 months and become first choice. The thing with Gray is, he really rates himself. He has the character and temperament that isn't happy when he's not being picked, from the outside it looks like arrogance and potentially a bad attitude but a few of the first team squad (Andy King being one of them) have said how eager he is to learn and progress, so it's more eagerness and frustration than being a trouble maker. He needs to make an impact when he gets the chance, we've seen flashes of it and he's several assists but when he's been given a chance from the start he's generally disappointed. That said, this was during a time when the majority of this team were playing horrificly and devoid of all confidence. Gray was actually a small positive at times and as we saw last season he had a positive impact during the closing stages of games when he came on and helped protect our leads in matches. He kept things simple and defended well and used his pace well to get the ball up pitch, let's hope in a more happy environment under Shakespeare he can kick on. With the potential fixture pile up coming, I hope he's given a chance. He's got to work on that end product but he's an exciting player who has shown he can score and create but that composure and brain needs to work in unison, Mahrez figured it out after a topsy turvy first year with us and now Gray needs to.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Boro and Hull are likely to go down so Gibson and Maguire would be decent signings.  

Good shouts. 

Flashy signings aren't necessarily what is required. Steady signings are - I may be daft, but give me a team of Marc Albrighton-esque players (work rate, grit) at each position and we'd be okay. Give me guile to add to the graft and we'll be a good side. 

1 minute ago, UPinCarolina said:

Good shouts. 

Flashy signings aren't necessarily what is required. Steady signings are - I may be daft, but give me a team of Marc Albrighton-esque players (work rate, grit) at each position and we'd be okay. Give me the right mix of graft and guile and we'll be a good side. 

That Clucas would be welcome an'all. Got something about him and he's a blue.

Ins and outs depend on so many factors I really get sick of reading about the players we're supposedly going to sign.

It also depends on who wants to stay here and who we're prepared to let go, assuming, in the case of underperformers, there's anyone wants to buy or take them on loan.

INS:

We need:

1) Attacking alternative right back.

2) Emerging footballing centre-back 

3) Creative central midfield player who's got some goals in him.

4) A genuine alternative striker. Strong, mobile and ruthless.  

5) A strong, fast, effective winger. Or even two. 

6) James back by popular demand. 

Out:

1) Ulloa - seems determined to leave so can see very little point in keeping him. Pity in some ways. 

2) King - could still be a squad member but we (and he) both need to look ahead now.

3) Wasilewski - surprised we kept him this season.

4) Gray - not convinced off the lad and would try to invest in better. 

5) Mendy - wasn't convinced before his injury and have seen nothing special since. Just an everyday journeyman.

6 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Good shouts. 

Flashy signings aren't necessarily what is required. Steady signings are - I may be daft, but give me a team of Marc Albrighton-esque players (work rate, grit) at each position and we'd be okay. Give me guile to add to the graft and we'll be a good side. 

Agree. We do need some match winners in our squad though. Grit and work ethic will only get you do far. 

I hope we go back to making astute clever signings. 

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

You've set your stall out with Gray, it's going to take one monumental shift for you to rate him. Right now he's all potential and no end product but we've seen in football how quickly that can change for young players. It's a multitude of factors for that to happen, but it happens. The biggest concern for me is that as of yet neither Ranieri nor Shakespeare have deemed him good enough to be one of the first names in the starting XI. It's very difficult to obtain that in our side, just look at our current XI and only Ndidi has come in in the last 18 months and become first choice. The thing with Gray is, he really rates himself. He has the character and temperament that isn't happy when he's not being picked, from the outside it looks like arrogance and potentially a bad attitude but a few of the first team squad (Andy King being one of them) have said how eager he is to learn and progress, so it's more eagerness and frustration than being a trouble maker. He needs to make an impact when he gets the chance, we've seen flashes of it and he's several assists but when he's been given a chance from the start he's generally disappointed. That said, this was during a time when the majority of this team were playing horrificly and devoid of all confidence. Gray was actually a small positive at times and as we saw last season he had a positive impact during the closing stages of games when he came on and helped protect our leads in matches. He kept things simple and defended well and used his pace well to get the ball up pitch, let's hope in a more happy environment under Shakespeare he can kick on. With the potential fixture pile up coming, I hope he's given a chance. He's got to work on that end product but he's an exciting player who has shown he can score and create but that composure and brain needs to work in unison, Mahrez figured it out after a topsy turvy first year with us and now Gray needs to.

Apart from your first sentence I'd accept all you say. But it actually wouldn't take much to change my view. The scales are lying pretty flat on the lad and my stance right now is as I've outlined. But your own comments are relevant too - particularly about the happier, more confident environment.

The things that really tipped the balance for me

were pace and outcomes.

I regret our loss of people like Schlupp and Lloyd Dyer whose strength and raw pace had such an impact.

But no I'll take no pleasure in seeing Gray go or being right. I'd much rather he proved you right.          

Out - Mendy, Slimani, Musa, Zieler, Huth, Ulloa, Shinji, Fuchs, Wasilewski and probably (not by choice) Mahrez. If we can find buyers that is.

Our transfers have been appalling.

In - right back, 2 centre halves, central midfielder and a back up for Vardy. Suggestions thin on the ground but time will tell.

Ultimately, players who have played in the premier league will be important though we will likely have to pay a premium for that.

Also people saying that Mahrez would stay, I doubt it. Mahrez may not be at his best and seen as average by a few but he has 4 goals and 3 assists in the champions league and is considered one of the better players in the league. I could see Everton, Arsenal, or even City going for him.

3 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Out - Mendy, Slimani, Musa, Zieler, Huth, Ulloa, Shinji, Fuchs, Wasilewski and probably (not by choice) Mahrez. If we can find buyers that is.

Our transfers have been appalling.

In - right back, 2 centre halves, central midfielder and a back up for Vardy. Suggestions thin on the ground but time will tell.

Ultimately, players who have played in the premier league will be important though we will likely have to pay a premium for that.

I don't think Fuchs or Shinji should be sold unless we have better replacements. Fuchs is a good left back and with Chillwell there is plenty of depth. Shinji should stay unless we find better.

1 hour ago, Leicester69 said:

Some great points but I think Mahrez will be in huge demand - I think we underestimate his standing whilst other clubs have picked up on his quality. We will get £40m or near to it but sadly he will move on to a Champions League playing club.

Similarly I expect Schmeichel to be in huge demand and he will find it very difficult not to move to the next level. Again we should receive £30m+ but replacing both players will be massively challenging.

I do believe we should be upgrading the players in our existing system so a Top Right Back, Centre Half and and quality No 10 would be a priority as well as replacing the two players if they move on.

Trippier or similar quality right back.

Maguire or Keane at Centre Half.

Sigurdsson as a No 10.

Personally I would keep all of the current first 11 even if Huth or Wes end up being squad members they are still quality premiership players.

If we lost Schmeichel I would target Heaton, Butland or Begovic.

Mahrez would be almost impossible to replace but I would move Musa, Mendy and possibly Slimani or Ulloa on. I like Oxlade Chamberlain but he maybe outside of our reach but it is real quality we need to make the first 11 stronger as a unit.

Finding a Vardyesque striker would also be a priority to provide competition so that our system is maintained but becomes even harder to combat.

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

Could see us going in for Bobby Wood and getting those shirt sales in the USA $$

I would buy one the second they signed him. Big dick bobby wood, playing for Leicester. The flyin' Hawaiian. 

Such an enjoyable player to watch, but he would not fit our current system or personnel. I'd rather he continue to get playing time and be in form for the national team, rather than ride the bench for Leicester. 

1 hour ago, luke-b said:

please dont compare mahrez a premier league player of the year, with tom lawrence please dont. tom lawrence will never play for leicester again i would bet and it wouldnt be a shame.

sigurddson is an upgrade over drinkwater why? different players, drinkwater is a box to box all round midfielder wheras sigursson is a creative midfielder, a luxury i would suggest in a 4 4 2, that we couldnt afford he would have to play alongside vardy.

the squad doesnt need an overhaul, it needs some quality added at CB and a more youthful feel about it in general particularly at cb and up front. this comes from 2 - 3 additions to a squad that minus kante won the premier league and currently is showing at the very least top 10 form.

I didn't compare Lawrence to mahrez, just said he had never had a chance, swap Musa for Lawrence and you have an upgrade immediately...ie a bench player who at least has a minimum of a decent first touch!

Sigurdsson is an upgrade as he scores/creates goals...I didn't say replace drinkwater, but Sigurdsson upgrades the squad. We need more than one style, 4-4-2 works great with this squad but there will be teams and times when we need a Plan B, more styles and options give us that...I'm not saying change style or tactics (that is where Ranieri messed up) but we will need a Plan B at times.

I didn't say overhaul the squad....everything I said adds quality to what we've already got, makes us younger, and adds depth/quality to the squad

Archived