Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simon789us

Summer 2017 player incoming / outgoing

These suggestions are only based on what I've seen so far, and Mendy for example could still have a future here, but I'd have to see him play a few more times first.

Outs:

Mendy

Musa

Ulloa

Wasileski

Benny (if get two CBs in)

Ins:

Adrien Silva

Ben Gibson

Harry Maguire

Kieran Trippier

Andre Gray

A creative number 10.

Would assess James, Kaputska and Lawrence over the summer and potentially look to loan out all three to the championship again or sell if we get replacements. 

I'd keep Slimani as I still think he could become a success here and he gives us something different. I'd move on Okazaki if we got in a top number 10 type player.

Obviously would love to get players like Keane, Sigurdsson etc, but trying to be realistic and think they will be aiming higher than us now unfortunately. 

I'd hope our team would look something like this for next season:

-----------------------------------------Kasper/Zieler-----------------------------------

Trippier/Simpson------Maguire/Wes-------Huth/Gibson--------Fuchs/Chilwell

--------------------------Drinkwater/Silva---N'didi/Amartey---------------------------

Mahrez/Albrighton--------------------No.10--------------------------Gray/Lawrence

------------------------------------Vardy/Gray/Slimani----------------------------------

As I said, would like to add a genuine number 10 to the squad too, whether Kaputska or Lawrence can make the step up or we try sign a player in the Sigurdsson mould. 

I suspect Ulloa will want to move on, especially if Slimani stays, so I think it would also be good to sign a young striker who can win headers and hold up the ball and can progress with us. 

7 minutes ago, TheHitman™ said:

You underrate Everton going in for him. They have new investors and are looking to go places with who they have. If Leicester win the Champions League there would be no reason for him to go but if Leicester just stay up, other teams will be in for him.

Everton is a sidewards step.

They have as much chance of winning a trophy next season as we do, top players don't go to Everton, top players look to leave Everton to go to a better club.

10 hours ago, sm1 said:

OUT: Musa, Mendy Lawrence Ulloa & Wasyl (sadly)

IN: Fosu-Mensah at RB, Maguire at CB, James (like a new player)  Sigurdsson  & Tammy Abrahams

If Mahrez leaves then look at Leon Bailey or Adama Traore

Not got any chance of getting him tbh, since he only moved to Bayer Leverkusen in Jan.

see we've been linked with Kara Mbodji again, certainly will be interesting to see him and how he gets on in the Europa League against Man Utd

46 minutes ago, Koke said:

I don't rate Andre Gray for us to splash  £20m+ on. His touch is shocking and he's your standard "pace and power" striker. 

Problem we will have, what top striker will join us to play second fiddle to Vardy and Slimani? We have seen with Ulloa what happens when they don't get game time.

I think that limits us to players like Andre Gray, who may be OK with less game time, but also capable enough to cover Vardy if needed, and also at 25, and 8 goals from 23 appearances for his first time in the Premier League, I think he is a decent no.3 striker for us. 

We could take another punt on an unknown performing well in another league, like we did with Musa/Kramaric, but i'd prefer to try go for someone we know can perform in the Premier League this time. 

For those saying they'd have Joshua King over Andre Gray, they are both 25, yet Andre Gray has played 328 times and scored 147 goals, whereas King has only played 162 times and scored only 28 goals.

I'm guessing they would cost similar, around about the 20 million mark, which is crazy but is the going rate these days unfortunately and neither club would be that keen to sell. 

I think due to the way we like to play, we need a strong and quick striker, in the similar mould as Vardy and although I think either could be decent back-up and even push for starts, on paper Andre Gray's scoring record and number of appearances is impressive and it seems he has taken a very similar route to Vardy with starting in the conference etc and hopefully has that nasty side we all appreciate in Vardy.

Ideally, Musa would be the back-up to Vardy, but he just seems so lightweight and although Vardy looks anorexic he really can, and does put himself about, similar to what I have seen Gray do. 

Ulloa is def leaving. 

I think management should sell Mahrez while they can make a good profit. It  doesn't feel like he is too motivated in the prem, so I doubt he would put himself at 100% next season. I feel like he should go to a top3 team somewhere in the world. 

3 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Problem we will have, what top striker will join us to play second fiddle to Vardy and Slimani? We have seen with Ulloa what happens when they don't get game time.

I think that limits us to players like Andre Gray, who may be OK with less game time, but also capable enough to cover Vardy if needed, and also at 25, and 8 goals from 23 appearances for his first time in the Premier League, I think he is a decent no.3 striker for us. 

We could take another punt on an unknown performing well in another league, like we did with Musa/Kramaric, but i'd prefer to try go for someone we know can perform in the Premier League this time. 

Gray fancies a move to London to spend more time with his Little Mix girlfriend - that rules out Leicester for a start. Spurs and West Ham have been linked....I expect him to still be in Claret & Blue next season (most likely West Ham as he is in Arsenal (anti-Spurs) fan).

36 minutes ago, lancyclaret said:

Gray fancies a move to London to spend more time with his Little Mix girlfriend - that rules out Leicester for a start. Spurs and West Ham have been linked....I expect him to still be in Claret & Blue next season (most likely West Ham as he is in Arsenal (anti-Spurs) fan).

I rate him but don't think he is good enough for Spurs. West Ham are after Defoe and I expect them to get him too when Sunderland get relegated. 

Wonder whether 60-70k wages may sway him to join here :P

How good do you think he is? Few on here not that impressed 

Schmeichel

Smith       Maguire      Gibson     Chilwell

Drinky  Ndidi

Mahrez      A.Silva      Albrighton

Vardy 

Bench;Hamer,Huth,James,Phillip Billing, Gray, Ramirez, Ulloa.

id be pretty happy with that. If Schmeichel does go, I'd try and get Pickford. 

6 hours ago, STUHILL said:

I'd keep Slimani as I still think he could become a success here and he gives us something different. I'd move on Okazaki if we got in a top number 10 type player.

move okazaki on, but keep slimani? hahahahaha

48 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

move okazaki on, but keep slimani? hahahahaha

Absolutely. They are two totally different players. I'd ideally like a no.10 type player to replace Okazaki, who works hard but also has creativity and is more comfortable on the ball (and feet) than Okazaki 

Slimani offers us something completely different in attack with his aerial ability in the box and a history of scoring 1 every 2 games. 

Slimani 16 games - 6 goals

Okazaki 58 games - 11 goals

Not bashing Okazaki, as I understand his worth is more than just his goal tally. I just think Slimani is a match winner and I'd like us to sign a top class no.10 to do the role Okazaki currently does, but add some more creativity than he offers. 

On 3/22/2017 at 18:14, themightyfin said:

It's not football manager....10 out?I see a couple out and maybe 3/4 in is all that will happen 

That's why I qualified my post by stating 'if we can find buyers'. With the possible exception of Fuchs (Chilwell should be playing more often next season or we'll lose him) and Shinji, how big a part do you see the others I listed playing next season? If they aren't going to play a part, what is the point keeping them if we can find a buyer? This is a speculative thread and I offered an opinion of who should go in an ideal World IF we received bids or doesn't my opinion count as much as yours?

Sadly losing Mahrez and retiring / releasing some of the other members of the squad is going to impact the club's prospects worse than some contributors appear to believe. Promoting Chilwell Gray and James and signing Andre Gray McGuire and trippier which some have suggested feels like we are trying to build a Burnley or a Bournemouth . If we are not to go into decline we should be prioritising a scouting structure (if we haven't already done so) and this needs a global dimension to it otherwise we will find ourselves fishing in the same waters as Liverpool and Chelsea and paying £30 -£40million + for the likes of Gibson and Keane or trying to prise reluctant targets away from European clubs who always end up either pulling our pants down or turn out to be useless and ending up with nothing by the end of the window. Claudio had plenty by way of reputation and status but despite his connections and powers of persuasion we drew a series of blanks on key targets . Clubs of our size will need to think more expansively if we are to remain competitive 

5 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Sadly losing Mahrez and retiring / releasing some of the other members of the squad is going to impact the club's prospects worse than some contributors appear to believe. Promoting Chilwell Gray and James and signing Andre Gray McGuire and trippier which some have suggested feels like we are trying to build a Burnley or a Bournemouth . If we are not to go into decline we should be prioritising a scouting structure (if we haven't already done so) and this needs a global dimension to it otherwise we will find ourselves fishing in the same waters as Liverpool and Chelsea and paying £30 -£40million + for the likes of Gibson and Keane or trying to prise reluctant targets away from European clubs who always end up either pulling our pants down or turn out to be useless and ending up with nothing by the end of the window. Claudio had plenty by way of reputation and status but despite his connections and powers of persuasion we drew a series of blanks on key targets . Clubs of our size will need to think more expansively if we are to remain competitive 

Disagree there. Gray has been touted as a future senior England player and I think has the potential to be a top Premier League winger. Chilwell as well, comes with a big reputation and has an exciting future ahead. Andre Gray is my personal pick to cover Vardy, as I see a lot of similarities in his style and aggression. Also think Trippier is on par with Rose and Walker whenever he has played and would be a top signing for us. 

We will always be limited in the transfer market, by not being considered one of the eilte 5-6 clubs, but I'm not concerned we will become a Bournemouth or Burnley type/sized club, and especially not with those specific promotions/signings. 

I do agree that our scouting needs to be especially good though, as even with our new riches, we will always be priced out of deals by the bigger clubs, but that has never and will never change. The only positive, is we are pulling further and further away from the Championship clubs and the longer we stay in the Premier League, the more we will be able to cement our status as a financial powerhouse. :)

Potential summer transfers out:

Wasilewski (either retiring or moving back to Poland to end his career in the Ekstraklasa or a similar European top division)

Musa (needs to get the basics right)

Slimani (if we don't see an upturn in form)

Okazaki (? - may want to return to Japan or try it in the MLS)

Fuchs (MLS is calling)

Benalouane I think will stay, he's shown more often than not that he does have the physicality and the ability to compete at this level, and his control of the ball is simply beautiful. However, he'd have to work on his defensive duties a bit. Then I think he could become instrumental as a starting CB, because who knows how much longer we can rely on Morgan and Huth in particular (despite their current contracts).

I'd love us to go for Maguire or Gibson, Trippier, Hull's Robertson (can play LB/LWB/LM, you name it) or even get van Aanholt back (he's now playing better than ever). Already mentioned Malli and Schär earlier. And why not putting in a cheeky bid for Oxlade-Chamberlain or Jay Rodriguez?

7 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Potential summer transfers out:

Wasilewski (either retiring or moving back to Poland to end his career in the Ekstraklasa or a similar European top division)

Musa (needs to get the basics right)

Slimani (if we don't see an upturn in form)

Okazaki (? - may want to return to Japan or try it in the MLS)

Fuchs (MLS is calling)

Benalouane I think will stay, he's shown more often than not that he does have the physicality and the ability to compete at this level, and his control of the ball is simply beautiful. However, he'd have to work on his defensive duties a bit. Then I think he could become instrumental as a starting CB, because who knows how much longer we can rely on Morgan and Huth in particular (despite their current contracts).

I'd love us to go for Maguire or Gibson, Trippier, Hull's Robertson (can play RB/RWB/RM, you name it) or even get van Aanholt back (he's now playing better than ever). Already mentioned Malli and Schär earlier. And why not putting in a cheeky bid for Oxlade-Chamberlain or Jay Rodriguez?

I think chamberlain will go to man city or stay at Arsenal & Robertson is a left sided player, not right sided. 

I'm not going to get into a 'this player, that player-off', because it's not my area of 'expertise'. As I've just said elsewhere, I'm interested in getting players in who contribute to the team/squad ethic, fit in, and lead to the whole being greater than the sum of its parts.

I hope the club know who these players are, as I don't :) But Ndidi seems to be one.

Archived