Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TiffToff88

The Foxestalk World Cup of Food - Quarter Finals

Quarter Finals, Who gets your vote?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Doner Kebab (Turkey) Vs Moussaka (Greece)

2. 2. Meat Pie (Australia) Vs Tandoori Chicken (India)

3. 3. Burrito (Mexico) Vs Paella (Spain)

4. 4. Tagine (Morocco) Vs Fish & Chips (UK)

Its getting serious now. We lost a couple of giants of the culinary world in the last round, partly due to the luck of the draw. Its the same luck that saw one or two lesser foods reach this stage. But the draw has been made, so make your choices!

Quarter Final Draw:

Doner Kebab (Turkey) Vs Moussaka (Greece)

Meat Pie (Australia) Vs Tandoori Chicken (India)

Burrito (Mexico) Vs Paella (Spain)

Tagine (Morocco) Vs Fish & Chips (UK)

I can't believe the shellacking that meat pie is taking.

I mean, whilst Tandoori Chicken is delicious, the meat pie is a staple...isn't it? Isn't it just about the first football food you try?

Foreign foods...coming over here, nicking our palates.

Some tough draws here. I feel that the third match is the toughest of the draw.. i think it will be down to who wants it more and i cant help but think that the Burrito will be full of beans and will be able to create some space between them and their opposition in the final stages...

Im pretty sure that fish and chips will have enough weight behind them to stay the course and that would indeed be my chosen final - burrito v fish and chips. It will be a close one that...

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Kebab

Chicken

Burrito

Fish and Chips

The Burrito is just an all conquering juggernaut of food, literally in the same sort of class as the Brazil 1970 team.......It is a shame as a Paella really is something, I would rank it higher than most other quarter finalists....but it has met it's match here. 

No chance that actual Mexican burittos (tortilla, meat and refried beans) are better than paella.

I'm assuming that you monsters like the American ones where they fill them with salsa and cheese. The ones that make you shit your guts out within minutes.

As you can tell this has pissed me off.

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

No chance that actual Mexican burittos (tortilla, meat and refried beans) are better than paella.

I'm assuming that you monsters like the American ones where they fill them with salsa and cheese. The ones that make you shit your guts out within minutes.

As you can tell this has pissed me off.

Your taste in food is bad and you should feel bad. 

Paella is literally dirty shrimp and rice. The food of peasants. 

10 minutes ago, separator said:

I take it Deep Fried Locust (Thailand) & Guinea Pig (Peru) were knocked out in the qualifiers for this competition. A shame because they both taste better than fvcking Paella

I've eaten guinea pig, tastes like chicken lol

Archived