Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Shots Fired Outside House of Commons

3 minutes ago, Darkon84 said:

I've not seen anyone here doing or saying anything to the contrary. So far, everyone's in agreement that it's horrific and we're simply waiting on further news to come through aren't we?

Speaking of the internet generally. People on here tend to be (largely) pretty good when tragic incidents like this happen.

2 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

doesn't sound good at all!

from the sounds of it, it could have been terribly worse.

sounds like the police, either uniform or plain-clothes, acted admirably quickly and got to the attacker fairly sharpish and shot him down. 

Just saw a couple of photos from inside Westminster, one of them working on two people on the ground. Then one looks like they've been covered up, the other (The black/brown fella) being loaded in the back of an ambulance.

More witness reports coming through now too :(

Witnesses have described seeing a middle-aged man carrying a knife and running towards the Palace of Westminster...

Jayne Wilkinson said: "We were taking photos of Big Ben and we saw all the people running towards us, and then there was an Asian guy in about his 40s carrying a knife about seven or eight inches long.

"And then there were three shots fired, and then we crossed the road and looked over. The man was on the floor with blood.

"He had a lightweight jacket on, dark trousers and a shirt.

"He was running through those gates, towards Parliament, and the police were chasing him."

Amid the horrific nature of this terrorist attack and those (very sadly) injured/murdered, I think it's worth taking a moment to appreciate just how effective and quickly our police/security forces reacted and neutralised the threat. Things could have been a hell of a lot worse had they not responded so well. Well done to those men and women.

EDIT: I'll add in the paramedics and ambulance crews too. The first one arriving on the bridge to treat people within 6 minutes of the first call.

4 minutes ago, Darkon84 said:

Amid the horrific nature of this terrorist attack and those (very sadly) injured/murdered, I think it's worth taking a moment to appreciate just how effective and quickly our police/security forces reacted and neutralised the threat. Things could have been a hell of a lot worse had they not responded so well. Well done to those men and women.

EDIT: I'll add in the paramedics and ambulance crews too. The first one arriving on the bridge to treat people within 6 minutes of the first call.

Saw this also

Can only commend the emergency services for their reaction. Also to the immediate police response to stop the attacker causing more harm.

Been refreshing this thread among other news sources all day, obviously thoughts go to all those effected. 

10 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

Leave him to rot and die slowly in the street 

Agree somewhat as it seems absurd trying to save someone responsible for horrific acts but he might have information about further attacks.

3 minutes ago, Benguin said:

Agree somewhat as it seems absurd trying to save someone responsible for horrific acts but he might have information about further attacks.

agree on this as well as wanting him to face the most painful punishments.

Archived