Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Shots Fired Outside House of Commons

13 minutes ago, MPH said:

anjem choudry... hook arm and dodgy eye... not meaning to be satirical about all this, but if i could choose what a ' bad guy' looked like, he'd probably have a hook arm and dodgy eye...

Isn't that Abu Hamza  

29 minutes ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

I find myself moving further right in my political views, and I am sure that there are millions of others doing the same. There will be a good few repercussions after this, and I for one wont be crying. Terrorism causes outrage, and sadly does a great deal of harm to race relations, and enhances strong views on immigration. Brexit will hopefully come down hard now on that scenario. Repatriation must come into the mix also.

My thoughts go out to the dead and injured, and their families

I'm not sure your views could get further to the right.

4 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I'm not sure your views could get further to the right.

Come visit me in one of the Southern states... some right nut jobs out here... make DT look like a right hippy....

31 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I don't get why people complain about extra security. 

Really?

It's not quite the same but what about extra police at football games for example? Too much of anything is no good thing. 

22 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

Really?

It's not quite the same but what about extra police at football games for example? Too much of anything is no good thing. 

its not really the amount there that's the problem but how they act...

27 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Isn't there some kind of wall that you hit?

If he went much further right, he'd probably end up going full circle and condemn Corbyn as a Tory sellout. 

50 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Well if it is this Trevor Brooks then police have ****ed up royally. Massive shame.

Why was this cvnt walking the streets anyway. Anyone preaching hate and glorifying terrorism should be either put in a cell away from others (so they can't spread their evil) or deported if possible. 

The police? But he was put before the courts and the courts make the decision. It would have been for them to deport him

It's a different situation but the principle is similar. There are negatives to having armed police walking around the city all the time but I don't want to derail this thread. This is clearly not one of them and the actions of those present today have saved lives.

53 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

It's a real shame, because our security services do an absolutely amazing job, without doubt the best in the world, but how the hell scum like this are free to roam is mental 

Doesn't matter how good our security services are if someone can jump in a car and do so much damage, terrorism is changing and it's so indescriminate, it's no longer political but just a bunch of nut cases who will murder anyone. My uncle used to work for the mod in Whitehall and they had to check their cars with mirrors for Ira bombs etc, but the rules have now changed and its bad. There's only one answer and that's to round up all known activists and jail them then make it law that any hate preached against our way of life will carry an immediate life sentance, stuff the human rights laws.

My mum was in Westminster today at an awards do. She was locked in when it went off by security and not allowed out till about 8pm. When you walk out of work to 50 odd messages from your two younger sisters going on and you read the words "terrorist attack" and "have you heard from mum" when you know she's in the area is ****ing terrifying. Turns out my mum was ok, absolutely sloshed on free booze at this awards gig.

RIP to those who have lost lives. Credit to our services who do a fantastic job. Police. Ambulance. Fire. They run into danger not away from it. **** that shit.

whoever did this ; death is too good for you. I hope you suffer for eternity

All I can say is that I am glad it was the type of terrorist that had been at large for some time- dark beard and bald head etc. I was worried it may have been some fellow wearing green with a pale complexion.

At least McGuiness' legacy is in tact.

And THAT, student of the English language is called sarcasm.

It's weird really because after all of today's events, my overriding emotion is one of pride.

Pride in our police and ambulance personnel, pride in the MP who spent 15 minutes trying to save a life, pride in the messages of support from around the world, and proud of the way that as a nation we won't let terrorists change our way of life.

I'm not often proud to be British these days, but today I am.

6 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

It's weird really because after all of today's events, my overriding emotion is one of pride.

Pride in our police and ambulance personnel, pride in the MP who spent 15 minutes trying to save a life, pride in the messages of support from around the world, and proud of the way that as a nation we won't let terrorists change our way of life.

I'm not often proud to be British these days, but today I am.

It's a very good point and reminds me that one of the best things I've read in the aftermath of this is the speech Ken Livingstone made in 2005 after the 7/7 bombings:

Finally, I wish to speak directly to those who came to London today to take life.

I know that you personally do not fear giving up your own life in order to take others - that is why you are so dangerous. But I know you fear that you may fail in your long-term objective to destroy our free society and I can show you why you will fail.

In the days that follow look at our airports, look at our sea ports and look at our railway stations and, even after your cowardly attack, you will see that people from the rest of Britain, people from around the world will arrive in London to become Londoners and to fulfil their dreams and achieve their potential.

They choose to come to London, as so many have come before because they come to be free, they come to live the life they choose, they come to be able to be themselves. They flee you because you tell them how they should live. They don't want that and nothing you do, however many of us you kill, will stop that flight to our city where freedom is strong and where people can live in harmony with one another. Whatever you do, however many you kill, you will fail."

Twitter and Facebook have been utter cesspools this evening.

Who knew that I went to Junior school with so many adherents of "Britain First".  :blink:

The "Send Em Back" brigade are out in force, but they are not entirely clear who should be sent back or to where.

For shame.

The police officer who has sadly died - wasn't armed? The officers that protect Westminster don't have anything to protect themselves?

29 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

All I can say is that I am glad it was the type of terrorist that had been at large for some time- dark beard and bald head etc. I was worried it may have been some fellow wearing green with a pale complexion.

At least McGuiness' legacy is in tact.

And THAT, student of the English language is called sarcasm.

Good job that was sarcasm. McGuinness is a hero to some on here lol

Archived