Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

How to remove unwanted adverts?

Hello,

I'm seeing adverts like below, one I screenshotted from this website, regularly that I'm not interested in reading further about but feels a bit annoying seeing them when reading poster comments that are near the end of the page.

Is there anyway of me permanently removing them and not retuning back?

Thanks.

Screenshot_2017-03-24-22-52-51.png

5 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

those ads are tailored to your internet habits ya derty git

Thought most were related to certain words or topics on threads etc?

Regarding related Internet activity, signed up to 2 dating sites but not really interested in much older women (!) than that. lol 

Edit: And last time accessed those sites was on 8th March..

Plus saw another one for 'Scholl Wart and Verucca Freeze' in London shooting thread, problems I never had before personally or researched..

11 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Thought most were related to certain words or topics on threads etc?

Regarding related Internet activity, signed up to 2 dating sites but not really interested in much older women (!) than that. lol 

Edit: And last time accessed those sites was on 8th March..

Plus saw another one for 'Scholl Wart and Verucca Freeze' in London shooting thread, problems I never had before personally or researched..

Careful Wymsey you are starting to dig yourself a hole ....    We now know you are a dirty old git with a penchant for very old bangers, have infected feet and warts on your bellend .....       :o

• 3 weeks later...

Haha. I've only just found this forum.

When you went to the dating site, one of its advertisers gave you a cookie. When you went to foxestalk, foxestalk's advertisers read that cookie and decided you fancied meeting older women in your area. This apply to the other websites you visited too. It'd know large swathes of your online behaviour and serve you 'appropriate' ads.

There's two ways around this. The first is an ad blocker. This is not full proof: your ad blocker may not know all the advertiser sites. The advertiser may have also paid your ad blocker company to make an exception for them.

The second is using a plugin that deletes all the cookies after you close all the tabs for a website. You'd go to the dating site, it would give you a cookie, but after you left the site that cookie would be deleted. Foxestalk would then be unable to read the now deleted cookie.

The only downside to this that cookies allow you to stay logged into websites. But as long as you saved the password, relogging in isn't a massive chore.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived