Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

Polls with incorrect maths.

It seems @stripeyfox has alerted me to a mathematical error in the forums polls. He said that "Only 32% of people have salt on their fish and chips?" And if you look at the figure below that would seem correct.

IMG_0471.thumb.PNG.1aa0717661097e20ec3dd91f34260f7d.PNG

However, as is clearly visible, out of 113 members who have voted 91 said they have salt on their chips. This would result that 80.53% members have salt on their chips and not the visible 32.50% as @stripeyfox noted. It seems in multiple choice polls that the percentage calculated takes into account all votes for all options, as the numbers down the right hand side total to 280 and (91/280) x 100 = 32.5%. It seems that either someone doesn't want to indicate how unhealthy the forums members really are or there is a simple calculation error on the forum. I suspect the former.

Ok Sharpey just settle down now ...     Put an ice pack on that brain of yours ....      Crack open a can and switch over to ITV 4 and watch the France Spain game .....    First use of a Video Assistant Referee .   We can always come back to salt on chips later ...    :thumbup: 

28 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

It seems @stripeyfox has alerted me to a mathematical error in the forums polls. He said that "Only 32% of people have salt on their fish and chips?" And if you look at the figure below that would seem correct.

IMG_0471.thumb.PNG.1aa0717661097e20ec3dd91f34260f7d.PNG

However, as is clearly visible, out of 113 members who have voted 91 said they have salt on their chips. This would result that 80.53% members have salt on their chips and not the visible 32.50% as @stripeyfox noted. It seems in multiple choice polls that the percentage calculated takes into account all votes for all options, as the numbers down the right hand side total to 280 and (91/280) x 100 = 32.5%. It seems that either someone doesn't want to indicate how unhealthy the forums members really are or there is a simple calculation error on the forum. I suspect the former.

i believe it to be 32% of the votes tendered not 32% of voters...

50 minutes ago, Webbo said:

If you add up all the votes and not the number of voters it's 280

91 divided by 280 times 100 = 32.5%

33 minutes ago, MPH said:

i believe it to be 32% of the votes tendered not 32% of voters...

I've already realised this lads but I don't like it not one bit.

Archived