Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Slimani Contract Clause?

Leicester City could be paying another €500k for the transfer of Islam Slimani at the end of the season, according to updates from Portugal.

Record newspaper claims the deal between Sporting and the Foxes includes a clause which forces the English club to pay €500k every time the striker reaches 15 appearances for them.

This amount had already been paid earlier this season, as Slimani currently has 21 games. Now, with ten Premier League fixtures left plus the Champions League games, Sporting are hopeful he’ll be getting nine more matches.

Leicester have already paid €30.5m for the transfer, and Record don’t seem to know the limits of this clause, although this could be dragged for a few seasons.

Slimani has scored only six goals for Leicester City so far, so even though the agreed bonuses could reach up to €5m, it’s unlikely that he’ll reach any scoring objectives in his first year at the club.

Should the clause go to the last couple of games of the season, and Slimani not be needed, then there’s every chance Leicester could choose to rest him and keep the €500k.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-city-get-e15m-discount-midfielder-fine-opportunity/

Dodgy website suggests Slimani has a high appearance fee bonus and instead of questioning the authenticity of the source Rudkin gets jumped on. More proof of this Rudkin bandwagon.

500k every 15 games? So he essentially has an appearance bonus per game of 34k. I know footballers are on silly money but somehow I doubt the credibility of this claim.

12 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

Dodgy website suggests Slimani has a high appearance fee bonus and instead of questioning the authenticity of the source Rudkin gets jumped on. More proof of this Rudkin bandwagon.

500k every 15 games? So he essentially has an appearance bonus per game of 34k. I know footballers are on silly money but somehow I doubt the credibility of this claim.

Isn't this being suggested as a payment to the club rather than the player so it isn't an appearance bonus as such.

I agree Rudkin gets a slating and most of the time it isn't his fault but i never really hear anyone with contacts in the club having a good word to say about him. 

I suppose everyone pointing the finger at Rudkin again would be praising him if we hadn't of signed Slim after this article came about saying we refused to sign him due to this clause?? 

Or would people be moaning because we we didn't agree to the clause and we can't seem to get transfers over the line? 

2 minutes ago, Albert said:

I suppose everyone pointing the finger at Rudkin again would be praising him if we hadn't of signed Slim and this article came about saying we refused to sign him due to this clause?? 

Or would people be moaning because we we didn't agree to the clause and we can't seem to get transfers over the line? 

Thing is, you would kind of hope deals would be agreed and or at least thought out well in advance.  If you leave it till the last minute like we did with him then you are in a pants down situation with the selling club, agent and player bending you over.

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

Thing is, you would kind of hope deals would be agreed and or at least thought out well in advance.  If you leave it till the last minute like we did with him then you are in a pants down situation with the selling club, agent and player bending you over.

and you think the reason deals are left to the last minute is down to us or down to the selling club holding out as long as possible to get the best possible deal? 

2 minutes ago, Albert said:

and you think the reason deals are left to the last minute is down to us or down to the selling club holding out as long as possible to get the best possible deal? 

Selling clubs clearly dig their heels but this is where we need to have other options and make it clear we will pursue them.

5 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

You would think we do wouldn't you lol I can't really think of who we were linked with other than Slim for a target man type player, maybe you can shed some light?

Yh you would but I'm not naive enough to think the club didn't have other options.

I'd rather the club got there number one target than bowing out of a deal because of a clause insisted on them that's a drop in the ocean to them financially in the grand scheme of things.

Saying that, I wouldn't believe everything u read in the papers regarding clauses as 9 times out of 10 it's just a money hungry agent trying to generate interest in order to get a player a move or an improved contract. 

Demi Grey is an example in point 

3 minutes ago, Albert said:

Yh you would but I'm not naive enough to think the club didn't have other options.

I'd rather the club got there number one target than bowing out of a deal because of a clause insisted on them that's a drop in the ocean to them financially in the grand scheme of things.

Saying that, I wouldn't believe everything u read in the papers regarding clauses as 9 times out of 10 it's just a money hungry agent trying to generate interest in order to get a player a move or an improved contract. 

Demi Grey is an example in point 

Don't get me wrong I don't class Slim as a bad signing or this to be crazy money as we are sold obviously in a very different position recruitment wise but I think the whole summer boils down to bad planning due to Walsh buggering off unexpectedly.

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

Don't get me wrong I don't class Slim as a bad signing or this to be crazy money as we are sold obviously in a very different position recruitment wise but I think the whole summer boils down to bad planning due to Walsh buggering off unexpectedly.

Every player we signed apart from Benny was a Walsh signing. The majority of players we sign are tracked for 2yrs+.

Just because the head of recruitment leaves doesn't mean the whole scouting network collapses. 

6 minutes ago, Albert said:

Every player we signed apart from Benny was a Walsh signing. The majority of players we sign are tracked for 2yrs+.

Just because the head of recruitment leaves doesn't mean the whole scouting network collapses. 

True, but to be fair it isn't just Walsh who left in the last 2 years.

Fingers crossed we do a bit better in the summer.

Archived