Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes til i die

Welsh's mixed emotions

tribalfootball.com - May 7, 2006

Welsh unsure of Sunderland future

Sunderland winger Andy Welsh admits he's unsure of his future on Wearside.

Welsh has spent the last two months on loan at Leicester but returned last week after the Championship season finished.

He said: "I went to Leicester to play football and I have done that. What was going to happen to me in the future was never on my mind.

"When people ask about it, I just tell them I do not know what will happen."

tribalfootball.com - May 7, 2006

Welsh unsure of Sunderland future

Sunderland winger Andy Welsh admits he's unsure of his future on Wearside.

Welsh has spent the last two months on loan at Leicester but returned last week after the Championship season finished.

He said: "I went to Leicester to play football and I have done that. What was going to happen to me in the future was never on my mind.

"When people ask about it, I just tell them I do not know what will happen."

Hmm I asked my dad about him and he said that theres better out there for less money. I must say he is a good player though but with money litterally non-existant we really do have to think about who we are signing.

Hmm I asked my dad about him and he said that theres better out there for less money. I must say he is a good player though but with money litterally non-existant we really do have to think about who we are signing.

You often post that 'you ask your dad' on various football topics. Is your dad the footballing gospel? Also, did he write Ghetto Gospel by any chance? Thug Life.

You often post that 'you ask your dad' on various football topics. Is your dad the footballing gospel? Also, did he write Ghetto Gospel by any chance? Thug Life.

Dads are very wise , knowledgeable and have a wealth of experience to draw on and their opinions are very very important

lol

You are right Ric, Beattie does ask his dad's opinion on most things!!

But back on topic i'd be delighted to see Welsh here next season, pace, trickery and an end product.

:D lolI was thinking the same thing!

My dad is bigger than your dad. so there :devil::ph34r:

HAHA but no where near as big as my dad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, if we can get him at a reasonable price i reckon we should snap him up. A poormans Smith in someways but at least he'll get some assists.

He's mediocre. There's plenty of mediocre players around for peanuts. If RK wants him as a squad player then so be it but I don't think it's worth putting too much effort in to or getting too upset about it we 'miss out'.

Agree totally with you m8.

Guest Gist

I don't really want him back he has played pretty average for us and like most people have said why not get a cheaper player in who is likely to do a better job.

i say we get him on a season long loan, either that or hope sunderland release him then we get him!! yeh there are better players out there but we prob cant afford them and they might not wanna come to LCFC!

Archived