Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Coventry City

but some talkingballers are throwing figures around of 1200 and 1500. so 2,000 is unlikely (if those TB figures are true...)

hope its a good atmosphere and is reflected on sky. ticket sales going down too because of mcsheff, and probably up for us as most fans now believe they are more than beatable.

but some talkingballers are throwing figures around of 1200 and 1500. so 2,000 is unlikely (if those TB figures are true...)

hope its a good atmosphere and is reflected on sky. ticket sales going down too because of mcsheff, and probably up for us as most fans now believe they are more than beatable.

Well, thats not from me thats from the ticket office women :thumbup:

weve sold a lot in a short space of time if thats true then, i got my ticket monday lunchtime and the exact number we had sold was 904.

So for those of us who are going and are not 'fairy weather fans' or whatever the phrase was lets make it a good atmosphere.

getting to your seats early and all that :thumbup:

Yes, I suppose so. I don't know why fox travel are leaving at 5.30pm?

i too, thought this was extremely early. they'll get to cov about 6:30, 7 at the latest! so thats 45 boring minutes inside the stadium with Cov's shitty soundsystem :(

i plan on getting into that field car park at 7ish and about 15-20 minute walk, maybe nip tesco for a bottle of coke ;) then get in there about 7:35. i hope the weathers decent cos its a long frickin walk to the ricoh.

When I went into the ticket office on Monday, and I asked the women about Cov, and she said 'they are selling quite well, just over 2000' she reckoned. If thats any help. :thumbup:

Strange. When I bought my ticket on Thursday afternoon the figure stood at around 1400.

Although this figure is a lot higher than the number of Cov fans at the Way for Sky matches, it's still far from impressive, especially given the numbers we took there last season.

i hope we dont sell many more.

last year at cov was shit cos there was too many fairy weather fans who sat down and shut up for the whole game.

:cry:

:o I can't believe you've said that.

5000 away fans, our biggest turnout for an away league game years, and you reckon that's shit? :huh:

When you sit in an end which will probably be two-thirds empty, you might just realise how foolish those words are.

PS Ask D****s W**e whether we made any noise or not!

5000 away fans, our biggest turnout for an away league game years, and you reckon that's shit? :huh:

When you sit in an end which will probably be two-thirds empty, you might just realise how foolish those words are.

i can see where hes coming from though Ultra. alot of families were seen at the Ricoh last season which you dont often see at Away games, and obviously these fans havent bought tickets for tonight. if we've sold 1400 tickets in 2 blocks thats fine, if theyve spread the sales out over the 5 or 6 blocks we've been given it will look empty and be able to create no atmosphere. some fans will pay on the gate too.

sheffield wednesday and coventry last year were the only 2 games we sold a lot of tickets 3000 plus (i think). these were the 2 away games with the worst atmosphere at (i went to all but 4/5). this is because the "singers" are spread out among what i called fairy weather fans who dont go often/ dont know words to songs hence dont sing.

when we sell 1200- 2000 tickets you would think and has been that the "singers" are then together hence a better atmosphere :thumbup:

sheffield wednesday and coventry last year were the only 2 games we sold a lot of tickets 3000 plus (i think). these were the 2 away games with the worst atmosphere at (i went to all but 4/5). this is because the "singers" are spread out among what i called fairy weather fans who dont go often/ dont know words to songs hence dont sing.

when we sell 1200- 2000 tickets you would think and has been that the "singers" are then together hence a better atmosphere :thumbup:

You're a 'proper' fan aincha John ay

i hope we dont sell many more.

last year at cov was shit cos there was too many fairy weather fans who sat down and shut up for the whole game.

:cry:

I know what you meen, we need more vocal supporters, because barely anyone sang at cov last year. Part from a few songs.
That's a great attitude to have. :rolleyes:

I have exactly the same views as John LCFC.

Look at the last two years Blackburn, Shef Wed and Cov all took big away fans,

And apart from Shef Wed, we didnt play that bad yet the atmospherwe was shite (mainly due to the amount of families going telling the proper fans to shut up and sit down like I was told to at two of these games)

Charlton on the other hand was just the right amount of supporters if you ask me - brings back some goooooood memeroies :D

last night we must have had 2,500 fans in the leicester end? that was just the right ammount and an amazing atmosphere. although this was due to being sat infront of 10 lads who didnt stop singing. a lad and dad next to me moved seats after about 5 minutes though i think they got fed up.

last night we must have had 2,500 fans in the leicester end? that was just the right ammount and an amazing atmosphere. although this was due to being sat infront of 10 lads who didnt stop singing. a lad and dad next to me moved seats after about 5 minutes though i think they got fed up.

If thats what you would call an amazing atmosphere, i would like to see/hear what a crap atmosphere is in your books!! :blink:

If thats what you would call an amazing atmosphere, i would like to see/hear what a crap atmosphere is in your books!! :blink:

where i was sat was a really good atmosphere as we made it one. i had a great laugh with some lads around me and sang alot of good songs

where i was sat was a really good atmosphere as we made it one. i had a great laugh with some lads around me and sang alot of good songs

Its like that where we sit at home games, A small group of us always singing but no-one joins in or hardly ever

Archived