Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Sooooo! Who hasn't seen Snakes on a Plane, yet? Easily the best film I've seen at the cinema in a long, long time. :D

Not seen it, not going to see it.

I couldn't imagine anything more trite. The script was design for a precise audience, based around the phrase "Get these mother****ing snakes of my mother****ing plane!" As challenging as an episode of Baywatch.

I think I'll wait for Snakes on a Plane III ~ Revenge of the Snake

I couldn't imagine anything more trite. The script was design for a precise audience, based around the phrase "Get these mother****ing snakes of my mother****ing plane!" As challenging as an episode of Baywatch.

It's written to be tongue-in-cheek. The whole thing is just one big, joke, b-movie. If you go into it taking it seriously then sure that's the attitude you'll come out with. But in all honesty, it's just really, really good fun and I challenge you to sit through it and not be entertained. For real.

• Like 1

I challenge you to sit through it and not be entertained. For real.

Although I'm a real sucker for dumb challenges I'm going to pass up on this one. The concept leaves me cold...now if it was zombies on the plane biting the heads off virgins I'd be so there :D

being a fan of comedy films I am looking forward to seeing Talladega nights with Will Ferrell and Sacha Baron Cohen speaking of which I am certainly looking forward to Borat the Movie!!!

Ive seen that, its great and so funny Will Farrell is back to his best.

Great film on tele tonight bbc1 about 11pm, REMEMEBER THE TITANS. :thumbup:

Edited by Leicfox

I think I'll wait for Snakes on a Plane III ~ Revenge of the Snake

It's written to be tongue-in-cheek. The whole thing is just one big, joke, b-movie. If you go into it taking it seriously then sure that's the attitude you'll come out with. But in all honesty, it's just really, really good fun and I challenge you to sit through it and not be entertained. For real.

The Welshman isn't lying, it's absolutely on the ticket.

Plus a film that has Kenan from Kenan & Kel, Teabag from Neighbours, Champ Kind from Anchorman, Nancy from Peep Show and that Malpractice Lawyer from those two episodes of Scrubs can't be bad.

TEABAG FROM NEIGHBOURS!!

teasdale-teabag.jpg

Plus there's a bit remarkably similar to Jurassic Park...

' date='Sep 5 2006, 09:28 PM' post='390527']

Kenan from Kenan & Kel, Teabag from Neighbours, Champ Kind from Anchorman, Nancy from Peep Show and that Malpractice Lawyer from those two episodes of Scrubs can't be bad.

Thank you. You've made my mind up...

I'll go see Nacho Libre tomorrow.

The Game with Michael Douglas and Sean Penn is worth watching an under-rated but very clever film it reminds me of Sleuth with Laurence Olivier and Michael Caine because of the amount of twists and turns in the film.

After Hours is another very under-rated film!

Sleuth was important for Caine. He and Olivier had never worked together previously.

Sir Laurence wrote to Caine before the filming of Sleuth began inviting him to call him Larry. He considered Caine to be "a talented assistant" to begin with but afterwards considered he'd got "a genuine partner".

That it was all so good in the end was slightly surprising because Olivier at one stage kept forgetting his lines as a result of some pills he was taking to calm him down after some bad news. Thankfully the cause of the problem was discovered and he was soon back to being his legendary self.

Off set there was another little anecdote.

During rehearsals Caine, still a relative novice, came to an arrangement with Olivier that he would never disturb him in his dressing room but Caine's door would remain open should Olivier need to discuss anything as he was forever apt to come up with new ideas for the film.

One day Olivier opened Caine's door and was astonished to find him watching television.

Apparently, for all his God-like and senior star status, Olivier had never had a television in his dressing room and the pair of them watched Wimbledon every afternoon right up to when Evonne Goolagong won the Ladies title. Caine described Olivier as "like a kid being given a special treat".

Not everybody knows that!

Watched A Clockwork Orange last night on Film 4

clockwork-orange~A-Clockwork-Orange-Posters.jpg

Now that is a film :ph34r:

:o and you survived to tell the tale? i thought the universe would fall in itself and your eyes would be burnt out of their sockets if you saw that film!?

Edited by stez

Tbh I just thought Clockwork Orange was vastly overated. I thought there were some great individual performances but it just lacked weight. Perhaps suffering from my generation's inability to be shocked. Had I witnessed it all those years ago it might have been something spectacular but I just found it slow.

• Like 1

:o and you survived to tell the tale? i thought the universe would fall in itself and your eyes would be burnt out of their sockets if you saw that film!?

Tbh I just thought Clockwork Orange was vastly overated. I thought there were some great individual performances but it just lacked weight. Perhaps suffering from my generation's inability to be shocked. Had I witnessed it all those years ago it might have been something spectacular but I just found it slow.

I saw Clockwork Orange at a cinema in Amsterdam in 88 or 89 - In English with Dutch subtitles - I was accompanied by a guy named Tos who played guitar in a band (from Amsterdam) called God and a guy named Dave who played drums for a band (from America) called Scream

This should be in the Bands you've met, Your excuse to name drop... thread

After Scream self destructed that Dave bloke joined Nirvana and when they ended he formed Foo Fighters :ph34r:

i was looking to see a comedy, so, obviously chose to go and see the wickerman remake :ph34r: . sadly(due to it being dreadful) it's been taken off, so we went to see the black dahlia; now that is just dull and crap........ there was some nice camera work though, and kd lang :S