Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Watched 13 hours over Christmas - Wasn't expecting much - War film with jim out of the american office - didn't seem right. The only reason i gave it a go is it was based on real life events that happened in syria a few years ago. 

But i thought it was brilliant a solid 8 or 9 outta 10. Really gave a great impression of how dificult it can be to go into a  foreign country and not know who is friend and who is foe. Karsinski was brilliant too - really pulled it outta the bag although the beard definately helped.

Would recommend to anyone as worth a watch! 

On 16/01/2017 at 10:41, RobHawk said:

Watched 13 hours over Christmas - Wasn't expecting much - War film with jim out of the american office - didn't seem right. The only reason i gave it a go is it was based on real life events that happened in syria a few years ago. 

But i thought it was brilliant a solid 8 or 9 outta 10. Really gave a great impression of how dificult it can be to go into a  foreign country and not know who is friend and who is foe. Karsinski was brilliant too - really pulled it outta the bag although the beard definately helped.

Would recommend to anyone as worth a watch! 

And Michael Bay directed it,so,  like you really wasn't expecting much but I thoroughly enjoyed it.. and based on true events

Manchester By The Sea  was the biggest load of nothing I've ever seen.  Just awful.

I've got family in exactly the same area as where it is filmed & I've been there myself a few times, so was kind of looking forward to seeing it.  The story didn't sound like my kind of thing, but given the excellent reviews I thought it can't be too bad.  It is terrible.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, pSinatra said:

Manchester By The Sea  was the biggest load of nothing I've ever seen.  Just awful.

I've got family in exactly the same area as where it is filmed & I've been there myself a few times, so was kind of looking forward to seeing it.  The story didn't sound like my kind of thing, but given the excellent reviews I thought it can't be too bad.  It is terrible.

I thought it was brilliant.

Best film I've seen for ages.

23 hours ago, pSinatra said:

1 hour ago, ttfn said:

I thought it was brilliant.

Best film I've seen for ages.

I was going to take the wife to see this on Thursday but now I'm not so sure :unsure:

I don't know which one of you to believe! lol

6 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I was going to take the wife to see this on Thursday but now I'm not so sure :unsure:

I don't know which one of you to believe! lol

I wanted to like it.  Honestly I did.  I really enjoyed the scenery, but that was about it.  I'm just glad I didn't go to the cinema to see it.  I would have been demanding my money back.

When the film finished, me & the missus both looked at each other & said "WTF - is that it?"  Casey Affleck has received rave reviews for his performance, but I honestly thought he was playing someone with aspergers.

It would seem that more people like it than don't, given the reviews I've read on IMDb.  I wasn't expecting explosions, car chases & guns.  Maybe it was a little too subtle for me?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, pSinatra said:

I wanted to like it.  Honestly I did.  I really enjoyed the scenery, but that was about it.  I'm just glad I didn't go to the cinema to see it.  I would have been demanding my money back.

When the film finished, me & the missus both looked at each other & said "WTF - is that it?"  Casey Affleck has received rave reviews for his performance, but I honestly thought he was playing someone with aspergers.

It would seem that more people like it than don't, given the reviews I've read on IMDb.  I wasn't expecting explosions, car chases & guns.  Maybe it was a little too subtle for me?

Yeah, I usually go by the reviews on Rotten Tomatoes and it scores very high on there. But we'd be genuine paying customers at the cinema and not so sure I want to blow £30 on it really! But pays yer money takes yer chance I guess...

2 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Yeah, I usually go by the reviews on Rotten Tomatoes and it scores very high on there. But we'd be genuine paying customers at the cinema and not so sure I want to blow £30 on it really! But pays yer money takes yer chance I guess...

It's got a higher rating on Rotten Tomatoes than La La Land & you loved that, didn't you?

1 minute ago, pSinatra said:

It's got a higher rating on Rotten Tomatoes than La La Land & you loved that, didn't you?

lollol

In hindsight I was a bit harsh on La La Land I think. It wasn't really that bad at all and looking back there were some decent bits in it. Glad I saw it actually as it was very different to the norm and I can see what all the fuss is about now :thumbup:

• Like 1