Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Went and watched Logan with the missus yesterday. Finally a fitting film for Wolverine and easily the best film from the X-Men franchise. It would work equally as well as a stand alone film if you have a little background knowledge. A solid 8/10

On 20/03/2017 at 14:08, Darkon84 said:

Went and watched Logan with the missus yesterday. Finally a fitting film for Wolverine and easily the best film from the X-Men franchise. It would work equally as well as a stand alone film if you have a little background knowledge. A solid 8/10

Liked the movie however the boy didnt, its not a super hero movie

Went to see Beauty and Beast- it was quite good.  I don't think it deserves all hate on recent reviews on IMDB.  I hated the appearance of Beast in trailers as I thought he looked woolly and not scary at all, but it was a right choice as it humanised him in the film and made his connection with Belle more believable. 

2 hours ago, Ozwin said:

Must've watched Everybody Wants Some about four times since it came out last year and love it so much. Love this coming of age type movie, Dazed and Confused is another. Make me so nostalgic.

I haven't heard of that one. I love Dazed though, so I'll look for it. 

Seen CAPTAIN FANTASTIC recently and thought it was brilliant, think it went under the radar when it came out last year but I would highly recommend it if you like road trip movies along the lines of Little Miss Sunshine. I'd rate it 9/10 

3 hours ago, rico said:

Justice League,looks meh

I thought The Flash and Aquaman looked great, I will be giving it a watch for sure.   Cyborg on the other hand.....

DC seems to have a mixed record when it comes to costume design.  Cyborg, Batman, Killer Croc to some extent and that Japanese warrior from Suicide Squad looked terrible.  Marvel on the other hand has pretty much nailed all costume design in my opinion.  I am not bothered about villains anymore as most of villains in superheroes movies are underwhelming (looking the case here as well) so as long they get the team dynamic nailed on like The Avengers then I would be happy enough.  

Edited by The Blur

Saw Get Out last night. Decent but not as good as I'd hoped. Probably because I knew what made it a bit unique already. 

I know it's not an out and out horror but I still can't think of any genuinely outstanding film in the genre (The Shining aside). Can anyone help?

Edited by sdb

First IT trailer released. Have to say I'm surprised to say it actually looks pretty decent tbf. Even Stephen King says it does the book justice. Genuinely excited for it!