Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the_bowman

Me and my mate getting there

Me and my mate (both 14) want to go to a Leicester match. So, just two questions. Are we allowed in by ourselves? And how can we get there on our own, because we don't exactly know Leicester, and don't want to take a bus. Any ideas?

If you don't want to take a bus, then you're struggling. Can no one drop you off and pick you up, any schoolmates who go with their parent(s).

If by bus you just mean public transport, then I think LCFC run a 'private' bus from Ashby that takes you right to the ground.

Drop them an email and ask them.

If none of that helps then it shanks's pony :P

Me and my mate (both 14) want to go to a Leicester match. So, just two questions. Are we allowed in by ourselves? And how can we get there on our own, because we don't exactly know Leicester, and don't want to take a bus. Any ideas?

118 bus Mate, leaves from the bus stop outside birds on Market street around 20 past the hour. You should be alright by on your own.

For all those who suggested the train...nearest train station to Ashby is Burton on Trent and thats 20 minutes drive from Ashby any way. :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

walk.

from the clock tower walk up past hmv to the holiday inn. then turn left. follow the road forward past the university on the right and until you get to the swan and rushes. when you get ther, take a 90 degrees right ahnd turn. walk to the bottom of that round and you get to a roundabout. take the 1st exit (left) and walk past Spar and you will see the Walkers Bowl stragith infront of you.

have a nice journey

"Don't want to take the bus"? How do you expect to get places if you're 14 (so obviously can't drive) and you've got nobody that can drop you off?

There's nothing wrong with taking the bus or any other public transport - it's a damned sight cheaper than taking a taxi (which by the sounds of it is your only alternative).

Archived