Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
PompeyFox

? 4 any Aussie foxes

Were thinking of coming over next october (family). Thinking of Doing Sydney and the gold coast. What would the weather be like then, i know it will be coming up to your summer. And are internal flight easier and cheaper to book once we arrive, instead of booking from this country and being ripped off. Plus we could bring anything Leicester over that you require, even some match day tickets, although it would cost you a fourtune to come back and watch the new era of Leicester City. Cheers in advance ...kev

Were thinking of coming over next october (family). Thinking of Doing Sydney and the gold coast. What would the weather be like then, i know it will be coming up to your summer. And are internal flight easier and cheaper to book once we arrive, instead of booking from this country and being ripped off. Plus we could bring anything Leicester over that you require, even some match day tickets, although it would cost you a fourtune to come back and watch the new era of Leicester City. Cheers in advance ...kev

I would drive rather than fly if you can afford it. :thumbup: It is warm but not December/January hot. Gold Coast is hotter than Sydney. ;)

It can be cool in October, the really hot days don't start to kick off til late November.

The Gold Coast is awesome - Sydney is crap though, not a whole lot to do there except visit the harbour. Melbourne on the other hand is a city of riches :D

melbourne.jpg

southgate_photo.jpg

melbourne-skyline.jpg

melb2697.jpg

It can be cool in October, the really hot days don't start to kick off til late November.

The Gold Coast is awesome - Sydney is crap though, not a whole lot to do there except visit the harbour. Melbourne on the other hand is a city of riches :D

Wish I'd known when I visited (mainly Sydney and Queensland's coast).

Will have to visit again and concentrate on Melbourne next time :thumbup:

Woohoo I fly to Aus on Tuesday, Can't Wait. I always book through a company called Travelbag they are very good, mind you i've only had to deal with them about Flights, i've never needed to book hotel's e.t.c, but i've never had any probs booking flights through them. I always fly from Birmingham - Dubai, Dubai to Singapore, Singapore to Melbourne. But this time think i'm missing out Singapore and flying straight through.

1st time I went for a month, I spent about 2 weeks in Melbourne (Victoria), I love Melbourne, then I went to Queensland for 1 and half weeks, and I hated Queensland, I stayed in Nambour and I hated it, it was out of the city, there was no life there e.t.c, then I went to Sydney for 3 days, Sydney was nice, That was in there winter (our Summer) and tbh it was about our summertime temperatures so it was nice.

2nd time was 2 years ago in December/January so it was summer, I only went Melbourne that time though, I was very hot but very nice.

I went in October and it was pretty hot, not boiling but slightly warmer than a hot summers day in Britain. It only rained once and that was on the last (half) day.

I thought Sydney was quite good, although we didn't get to eat on one day because they was a hold-up at the place we were gonna go in. So I had a Singaporan pot noodle :dunno: I don't even know what flavour it was lol

Melbourne was my favourite place though, some of the skyscrapers are massive. There wasn't much to do in Canbera though, but I like Ballarat (if thats how you spell it)

Wish I'd known when I visited (mainly Sydney and Queensland's coast).

Will have to visit again and concentrate on Melbourne next time :thumbup:

:o You visited Australia and no Ramsey Street visit on the agenda you should hang your head in shame!

.................or is that after you visit Ramsey Street :P

When you go to Sydney, you have to watch the sun set from Mrs Macquarie's Point. It's pure magic.

Better still catch a ferry to Manly at sunset and watch the City from the water. ;):thumbup:

Is Manly that beach where quiksilver was started?

No, Quicksilver, Ripcurl and all the other big surfer brands began in Torquay, if I remember correctly. I was there a few months ago on a tour from Adelaide to Melbourne and we stopped there - there was loads of factory outlets with surfer gear (not that I bought any).

As to the original point about Melbourne v Sydney: Melbourne is a fantastic city, there's a hell of a lot to see and do. I just wished I was there whilst the Australian Open was on, it would have been amazing to go to see a grand slam event. I did however get to see the AFL Grand Final (not in the MCG!) and the AFL parade, which was a great experience. Melbourne was very cosmopolitan, with people from all backgrounds and creeds.

Sydney is a nice city too, although I preferred Melbourne to be honest. Sydney's appeal and attraction is heavily centred on the harbour (with the Harbour Bridge and the Opera House being by far the best things about the city). I did do the Harbour Bridge Climb, which was a gem of an experience. It was simply breathtaking and blew away anything that was on offer in Melbourne (sorry DanTheFox ;) ). I'd also go along with Steven's and Sheff Fox's recommendations - Mrs Macquaries Point has some fantastic views of the Harbour Bridge and Opera House, and the Manly ferry offers an amazing view of the Sydney skyline. Plus, with Sydney you can quite easily get to the Blue Mountains for a day trip (as I did) or stay a few nights.

I've got pics of both Melbourne and Sydney on my website here

Wow chaps thanks for the replies. The trouble with aus is their is so much to do with no time to do it in. Looked into sydney for a week then fly upto brisbane and stay at miami beach, just above surfers paradise. When theirs 1 or 2 of you the price is ok, but i have to pay for 7 of us lol. Where else would anyone reccomend in aus? Anish your site and pics are amazing, just wants to make you go even more.............cheeers kev..........jamie redknapp will be are next manager, mark my words. Told a few mates in leicester that milan would be in charge by chrimbo, just 1 week after he left pompey. They are gona earn a fair bit of money out of that. By the way i live in leicester and have done for the last 4 years........

Wow chaps thanks for the replies. The trouble with aus is their is so much to do with no time to do it in. Looked into sydney for a week then fly upto brisbane and stay at miami beach, just above surfers paradise. When theirs 1 or 2 of you the price is ok, but i have to pay for 7 of us lol. Where else would anyone reccomend in aus? Anish your site and pics are amazing, just wants to make you go even more.............cheeers kev..........jamie redknapp will be are next manager, mark my words. Told a few mates in leicester that milan would be in charge by chrimbo, just 1 week after he left pompey. They are gona earn a fair bit of money out of that. By the way i live in leicester and have done for the last 4 years........

We were the same when we went round - we had 5 weeks but managed to fit in a hell of a lot. We started off in Perth and did the West Coast in around 10 days and then Melbourne, Great Ocean Road, Sydney, Brisbane and all the way up to Cairns in the remaining 3 and a half weeks. If you want to chat about it, PM me and I'll send you my MSN addy and recommend some things to you.

Archived