Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Craig

MOWNACRE HILL, LEICESTER.

I used to play football there and our pitch had a stand called the 'burnt out car end' and the posts had to be chained to trees.

Never heard of the place, guess I'm not missing out on much though!!

Yep, that happened about two streets from my brother's house.. :o

But as far as I can tell, it was just an isolated incident, which could just have easily happened on any other estate.

Yeah, I agree Mowmacre isn't too bad, especially when you compare it with places like Beaumont Leys or Braunstone. :o

I lived in Stocking Farm facing Mowmacre Hill for about twenty years. We faced the big green that is now a dual carriageway. Spent many hours playing football cricket or damaging my brothers bike by going down the hill on the green. Its got a bit rough now so I've heard. Would not like to live in that area now.

I live in Mowmacre Hill.

It's ok, some of you lot are making it sound like Beirut, lived here for nearly 4 years and had no grief at all. There are idiots no matter where you live, I was brought up in New Parks,now that was rough, I think it's out of order to slag a place of if you've never lived there or is it because it's a council estate that some of you think it's a dump?

I live in Mowmacre Hill.

It's ok, some of you lot are making it sound like Beirut, lived here for nearly 4 years and had no grief at all. There are idiots no matter where you live, I was brought up in New Parks,now that was rough, I think it's out of order to slag a place of if you've never lived there or is it because it's a council estate that some of you think it's a dump?

I have never been there and you're quite right. ;):thumbup:

Like I said I lived opposite. From about 1958-1978 If the gang cultures improved in the last 28/9 years for the better then I cant criticise. I kept away from gangs though when I was growing up and there was the big green. I virtually grew up with the same neighbours. Used to go in the pub there and the one at the bottom of the hill. So it wasn't all bad. And I agree that its probably no worse than any estate in Leicester or in fact the country.

i did some work for an elderly couple in mowacre hill a few years ago. even though the lady was in a wheel chair they lived in a second floor flat with no lift. when i asked why they didn't get a ground floor flat she said they'd asked for a top flat because the kids break the windows/ break in if you're on the ground floor. she told me she hadn't left the flat for 4 years. sad but true. mowacre hill isn't the worst place in leicester but i'm glad i don't live there

I live in Mowmacre. Its not great but all i could afford at the time being my first house.

As for the recent murder. I used to live in Uppingham and we had two murders in 5 years. So it isn't just 'rough' areas that get it.

My brother lives near the Tudor Centre.

It's not a bad place. I can think of worse areas..

Most of my family live on Holderness Road.

TBH there are a few rejects living on the estate but you have them on all estates.

I'll tell you what I'd rather pay sensible money for an ex-council house around there then the scandalous amounts they're asking across the way in Anstey Heights!

Archived