Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

FAO Foxes Trust - re: Tim Davies

How exactly do you gauge the success of a CEO? Mass of paperwork completed in metric tons?

Typically the CEO is responsible for improving the value of the shareholders' shares.

If Mandy is paying as little for his shares as some quarters claim, he's done an appalling job as CEO. ;)

Typically the CEO is responsible for improving the value of the shareholders' shares.

If Mandy is paying as little for his shares as some quarters claim, he's done an appalling job as CEO. ;)

The last quote was 47p in the £1 up front and 47p in the £1 to come later...considering the state of the club that's not a bad return at all.

The last quote was 47p in the £1 up front and 47p in the £1 to come later...considering the state of the club that's not a bad return at all.

So by typical CEO performance standards, he's had a poor innings (effectively negative returns during his tenure).

That return doesn't sound too bad considering the sh/t we're in, I do concede though.

It's probably somewhat harsh to compare him to a typical CEO because of the nature of the business he's trying to run (or the business he's being run by, perhaps?)

Not too bad for the shareholders either. It does represent a loss, but they supposedly never expected to see the money again (apart from perhaps Taylor who was brought on to find investment, possibly leading to returns?). Furthermore, I'm sure they could minimize the damage by writing off their loss with the taxman. :mellow:;)

I am trying my hardest to pick my words after a disasterous month for Leicester where not only results have failed us but its been a month that has shown our inadequancies as a club. Our league position tells us we needed to add decent players but we instead sold a decent one and added a few average to below average loanees. Also, we couldnt organise a pie sale to a bunch of Americans. Is it the CEO`s fault? Im not sure but someone has got to take the blame for this gross mismanagement of the club we love.

I am trying my hardest to pick my words after a disasterous month for Leicester where not only results have failed us but its been a month that has shown our inadequancies as a club. Our league position tells us we needed to add decent players but we instead sold a decent one and added a few average to below average loanees. Also, we couldnt organise a pie sale to a bunch of Americans. Is it the CEO`s fault? Im not sure but someone has got to take the blame for this gross mismanagement of the club we love.

The previous board leaving us penniless is where I lay most of the blame, personally.

The current board aren't faultless, but they are operating under tough conditions not entirely of their own making.

Archived