Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Madeleine McCann

'Since her apparent abduction, she has been 'spotted' in countries including Portugal, Sweden, Belgium, Morocco and The Netherlands.'

I think it's 'another one that bites the dust', unfortunately.

-

The only way of finding someone with her looks is with the left eye-pupil spilling a bit.

I do wonder whether it'd be a good idea if the investigation team does underground scanning (that finds things of interest) of the Algrave area as I personally believe she's in Portugal somewhere or Spain.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

There's always going to be these sightings and people wanting to cling to hope. Just like there is with every missing child.

She will sadly never be found, a bit like children such as Ben Needham.

• 1 year later...
26 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Very annoying to see that there's disgusting individuals who lack the respect towards a sad mystery..

http://metro.co.uk/2017/11/09/sick-mug-showing-madeleine-mccann-as-a-skeleton-sold-on-ebay-7067131/

Don't be advertising your mugs here

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

More funds for this case to continue being investigated. I hope they find something but how do the families of the multiple missing each year (probably month) feel about the priority this case gets?

what is the governments angle here? 

There are not that many international missing children though are there?  And not many who are three years old when they go missing.  Lots of teenagers run away, most come back or are found quickly, some stay away.  The idea that there are loads of missing kids not being looked for is bollocks.

12 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

There are not that many international missing children though are there?  And not many who are three years old when they go missing.  Lots of teenagers run away, most come back or are found quickly, some stay away.  The idea that there are loads of missing kids not being looked for is bollocks.

On average 6 a year go missing in Portugal, but yeah usually they are a bit older than Madeleine, so nobody gives a shit.

Edited by Strokes

5 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Absolutely, I'm sure it's incredibly rare thankfully.  

On a slightly related note however - my fiancee's Dad will have been a missing person for 7 years next month; he went missing in Egypt and the search for him lasted a few hours at best.

Of course a search for a middle aged man does not carry anywhere near the same urgency as a toddler/young child and there a thousands of differences between the two, perhaps the biggest being that an adult is far more capable of making their own decisions and far less vulnerable than a young child, but I'm not sure that should result in one being granted vast sums of money and the other forgotten.

I don't know, it's difficult, if Madeleine is ever found than no amount of money would have been 'wasted' in her parents eyes, but arguably the distribution of wealth should not come without criticism either.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

On average 6 a year go missing in Portugal, but yeah usually they are  a bit older than Madeleine so nobody gives a shit.

When you say " a bit older" do you mean 16-17?  I think there would still be plenty of concern over a missing 6 year old.

1 minute ago, Jon the Hat said:

When you say " a bit older" do you mean 16-17?  I think there would still be plenty of concern over a missing 6 year old.

It’s hard to find the ages but you’re still considered a child upto 16? Or is it 18?

Would obviously be a massive development and astonishing if Madeleine is found.

Either someone abducted her, which seems most likely based on certain reliable media etc assumptions, or something worse happened and is somewhere quite locally imho.

If I lived around where she went missing, I would for sure keep searching in any way I could, including digging beaches and disused land as anything could've happened and feels like a 'lottery' now after all of this time-search.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

2 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

I think 140,000 kids go missing in the UK every year - 383 every day. Whilst most are resolved within 48 hours, 1400 of those are not solved within a year. I'd not say that was bollocks.

2 hours ago, FIF said:

I think 140,000 kids go missing in the UK every year - 383 every day. Whilst most are resolved within 48 hours, 1400 of those are not solved within a year. I'd not say that was bollocks.

How many of them are 3 years old?  Teenagers running away from home is horrible, but it isn't a 3 year old disappearing.  3 year olds don't run away by themselves.

• Like 1

I know this sounds harsh, but I think it is probably one of the biggest ever spends on a missing child. I respect the parents for trying everything they can to keep this going (who wouldn't do that), and if there is genuinely new evidence and a prospect of finding out what happened, fair enough, but at some point the police must move on 

It reminds me of the kids who are kept on life support for donkeys when they have little prospect of any kind of quality of life, and the parents try to stall the terrible final day switch off by legal action. The public services do not have infinite budgets, and they never will.

5 hours ago, broughtonblue said:

If I was Maddie and eventually got reunited with the McCanns. My first question would be WTF were you thinking of leaving me and the younger twins alone whilst you went on the piss!

Quite sure she'd be both confused and emotional more than anything else.

But this would be an absolute massive event after all of this time and various theories etc going around.

I think someone knows something about what actually happened but unwilling to come forward.

I find the investigation intriguing and feel there'll be a big development at some point in the future.

If there were CCTV cameras installed around the location at the time of the event, this investigation would've probsbly been solved months or not weeks after.

Edit: Yes, it's the Daily Mail etc, but some of the things mentioned are quite interesting to read.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5573267/Top-police-officer-says-impossible-Madeleine-McCann.html

Edited by Wymeswold fox

• 11 months later...