Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Someone asked me today 'if I had to be so loud?'

I can be a bit loud and hyper sometimes.

Although the geezer is a pretty quiet and serious guy.

Just thought it was a bit of an odd thing to say to someone you've know a while.

He did have a bad cold though.

That was my day.

Oh and I asked my niece if she'd rather be a princess or a gangster....she said gangster.  There maybe trouble ahead.:D

Nah she's so sweet.

bye.

had a staff conference today and lots of people coming up to me asking if I went yesterday and asked if the atmosphere was as good as it sounded on TV. Obviously much better but I enjoy the knock-on effect of a night like last night :wub: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

Just paid off the mortgage. Only 8 months early but it feels good.

Excellent, now you can start collecting rent on those properties again.

Image result for monopoly

• Like 1

On 3/2/2017 at 13:14, Webbo said:

Talktalk tried to up my bill and hope I wouldn't notice. Just been arguing with them online for 3 quarters  of an hour, they've ended up cutting my bill even lower. Always query everything, don't let them rip you off.

Hello, my name is John, calling from Talk Talk (in my best Asian accent)

Bunch of crooks.

Them;- No sir, your data hadn't been stolen, we won't release you from your contract early.

Explain why I keep having some Asian called John (I do not know of any Asians called John) calling me saying my computer has a virus then!

6 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

Walked about 3 miles today. Saw some cracking seabirds... oyster catcher, turnstile,  little egret. All in the company of the stunner that is Mrs Filthyfox

Good birding. Oystercatchers are beautiful birds; I love the red eye.

Edited by Sharpe's Fox

Just now, Sharpe's Fox said:

Good birding. Oystercatchers are beautiful birds; I love the red eye.

I live 5 minutes walk away from Portland harbour, and walked a bit further than planned to Chesil beach and the fleet lagoon. Saw about 6 oystercatchers fly off, I love their markings. The only thing that was missing today was the cormorants we sometimes see. There's another wildfowl park in town that has Marsh harriers and a hooded merganser

• Like 3

Damned annoying, gone a for a new job (yes another one), the HR lady has said its all pretty much go time..theyve spoken to Referees, ive done an exhaustive medical and they just waiting for confirmation from head office, its now 4.30 friday and it aint going to come through this week by the look........... gahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

9 hours ago, filthyfox said:

Walked about 3 miles today. Saw some cracking seabirds... oyster catcher, turnstone ,  little egret. All in the company of the stunner that is Mrs Filthyfox

Pics or it didn't happen..

6 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Damned annoying, gone a for a new job (yes another one), the HR lady has said its all pretty much go time..theyve spoken to Referees, ive done an exhaustive medical and they just waiting for confirmation from head office, its now 4.30 friday and it aint going to come through this week by the look........... gahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

What's this one, Oz?

Edited by Buce

On 3/5/2017 at 06:54, Carl the Llama said:

In some places maybe, but chances are you're doing the chef a disservice assuming that it must have come out of a microwave after sitting around for days. 

Sure, a lot of things will often need to be pre-prepped but that's because you have a limited time from order to table and it's often unreasonable to do absolutely every part of every dish on the menu from scratch, particularly if your owner wants an expansive menu.  That said, for most of the things I mentioned in that post it's not actually that hard to do them fresh that day and legitimately prep individual portions provided you have all the right equipment and enough workspace, I've done it a fair few times with lasagne and cottage pie for instance.  (To be fair. for the latter I often spoon a pre-prepped and incredibly tasty sauce and a pre-prepped and incredibly tasty mash into separate jugs which I nuke together for just a couple of minutes then layer them up in their dish which goes in the oven for 15-20 minutes - nuking is involved but only serving to partially heat the items and reduce oven time and that's only if they'd been refrigerated in the first place since if they're coming fresh off the burners like you'd ideally try to do, the pre-heat obviously becomes unnecessary, unfortunately it's not always possible to do that with all the other items that need preparing).

Of course you will get the occasional place which microwaves absolutely everything but it seems to be a generational thing from what I can tell and the microwave portion generation of chefs who cook everything up days ahead of time and put it all into plastic pots for nuking to order (or worse, buying it all in ready-made and nuking it to order) is dying out, slowly being replaced by people who actually cook shortly before and during service and when something does need re-heating it often gets done in a pan or the oven anyway.  The microwave will always be a useful tool, mind, it's not the end of the world to use one for certain items (warming the mushy peas to go with freshly made fish & chips for instance or the cottage pies I mentioned).

I think a bigger worry is the number of places that seem to cook everything in a deep fryer.

Ive just realised that @Carl the Llama is a chef... cant be much good... he doesnt  seem a big enough cvnt :)