Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

17 hours ago, FLAN said:

Today marks 3 weeks I've been camped out at the Royal with the wife who has meningitis. Imminent danger passed but still an abscess on the brain to try and fix   I'm drained 

16 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Have the trotts, big time.

If you read posts made immediately before yours it kind of puts your issue into perspective 

13 minutes ago, DB11 said:

If you read posts made immediately before yours it kind of puts your issue into perspective 

And it's life. Lets not get hung up on minor things like order of posts although I do appreciate the sentiment DB11

• Like 4

Yesterday was wonderful. A close family Sunday lunch for my oldest son went down brilliantly at The Folly opposite Towcester racecourse and I can happily recommend it to anyone.

It's open til 8pm on Sundays but you'll need to book. Three-thirty was the earliest we could get a biggish table - but that only demonstrates the popularity of the place and offers me much more encouragement than an empty room or "come anytime" response on the phone.

With one top-end professional chef and almost everyone else being reasonably accomplished cooks, it was good to see so many empty plates and happy faces.  

The Folly staff were attentive without being intrusive and couldn't do enough for us while the food was both generous and delicious. A perfect 10 from us.  

Awful. One of my younger brothers passed away today. Had a call just around midday yo say he was in the CDU at Glenfield hospital> Got a taxi down there and arrived not long after one. He was suffering with lung and breathing problems and they were trying to find a single room. Just after a nurse came into the room we were in and told us he had gone.

He was rushed in last night and it two or three hours for someone to see him. Whoever said the NHS was not in crisis cannot use it. When my sister in law and niece arrived they took them to one said and said it was 50 50. He was 63.

2 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

Awful. One of my younger brothers passed away today. Had a call just around midday yo say he was in the CDU at Glenfield hospital> Got a taxi down there and arrived not long after one. He was suffering with lung and breathing problems and they were trying to find a single room. Just after a nurse came into the room we were in and told us he had gone.

He was rushed in last night and it two or three hours for someone to see him. Whoever said the NHS was not in crisis cannot use it. When my sister in law and niece arrived they took them to one said and said it was 50 50. He was 63.

Sorry for your loss Ken, sounds like it's come as a real shock. 

6 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

Sad news Rince ....    Condolences to you and your family.

• Like 1

Just now, Countryfox said:

Sad news Rince ....    Condolences to you and your family.

x2

Please be with other family members in this type of situation.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Sorry for your loss Ken, sounds like it's come as a real shock. 

Well he has had breathing difficulties for a few years and had to use an oxygen cylinder. He went in last week but recovered but recovered enough to come home. But the end was sudden and unexpected. He was a fighter and liked to win which made him a winner at poker.. 

14 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

Sorry to hear about this, Ken. Must be very upsetting. Look after yourself.

2 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

x2

Please be with other family members in this type of situation.

Thanks all. Went back to his house for a few hours. His son and family and daughter were there as well as friends. Rest of my family are in Cumbria. It is my mother that I worry about she is 85 so dont know how she will take it. Glad its not me that will tell her.

Still not sunk in completely yet.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

Sorry to hear that, Rince.

Take care, mate.

1 hour ago, Rincewind said:

Sorry to hear that Ken.  Take care.

1 hour ago, Rincewind said:

Thanks all. Went back to his house for a few hours. His son and family and daughter were there as well as friends. Rest of my family are in Cumbria. It is my mother that I worry about she is 85 so dont know how she will take it. Glad its not me that will tell her.

Still not sunk in completely yet.

Sad news mate. Thoughts with you and your family. May your brother RIP 

On 16 March 2017 at 22:30, filthyfox said:

Walked about 3 miles today. Saw some cracking seabirds... oyster catcher, turnstone ,  little egret. All in the company of the stunner that is Mrs Filthyfox

On 16 March 2017 at 22:34, Sharpe's Fox said:

Good birding. Oystercatchers are beautiful birds; I love the red eye.

Saw some Waxwings today.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rincewind said:

Sorry you've lost your brother. The NHS is in a shocking state. I'm living through it now 

if i wasn't with my wife 24/7 I dread to think how she'd be treated (or not)

there are some great people fighting to deliver great care. But it's a tough gig for them